At what point should a wife leave her husband after he has put his hands on her?

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Because it's not normal behavior but a bad reaction to drugs. The question that needs to be asked though is why is he taking drugs and will he continue to do so.

Ummm no. I've been drunk and I've take drugs before and never once have I assaulted someone. Drugs are not a get out of jail free card.

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
And to answer your question as soon as she feels her safety or life is in danger

Her safety is in danger THE FIRST TIME a man puts his hands on her.

So couples don't push each other during heating debates

Come on that's normal

Fred

No it's not.:what: A man has never put his hands on me.A man better not ever let it get past raising his voice & even then he better watch his tone and what comes out of his mouth.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And just fyi

I'm playing

big_startfilmru1268688.jpg

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
In theory i'd like to believe this is the case. But I know a double standard exist here and I don't really have a problem with it.

Any man calling for a divorce because he wife got really upset once and pushed or slapped him isn't going to be looked at as any kind of real man or husband if he running trying to get a divorce over it.

I could never see myself being like yeah that's a wrap we are done you "pushed me" :to:

Theoretically I'd like to think she'd never get ballsy enough or so upset that it came to that with her, :birdman:but you never know:yeshrug:

I know I wouldn't be thinking divorce or anything off a push or a slap.

I'd be highly pissed off with a slap tho, just swing on me :mjlol:

That's a personal decision sir. But not one I would advise. There are tons of men who experience domestic violence and no one should not have to go through that. My neighborhood shrugs off his wife little pushes and hits too until she got real froggy and busted him in the head with a bottle. If I was a man I would leave.

Critical Distance

Guardian Angel
Supporter
Daps
So if the husband says or does something that really hurts the wife and she slaps him.

Divorce material?

There has been no prior physical confrontation.

I'm pretty sure as a man "He holds that L" and sticks out his marriage.

who cares about double standards or what other people think, that's an unhealthy relationship and the man should remove himself from it.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Seems like a thinly veiled ,"Black men encourage a climate of violence against black women thread".:aicmon:

But to answer your question she should leave after the first time no one should tolerate abuse.:francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Women's psychology is complex and it is impossible to tell if they subconsciously want to get abused or not. The reason I say that is because a woman ALWAYS goes back to her aggressor and there's more often than not repeated provocation on her end. It goes against all logic.

But it does eventually reach a point where she has to leave.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
It depends. Some couples riff occasionally and are back loving soon after. The severity and other circumstances have to come into the decision.
If you whupped her ass, hell yeah she should leave you

Daps
You need to specify put hands on. A slap or a punch headlock or aggressive push that knocks a woman over then yea.
If he grabs her hands or bearhugs to restrain her then no.