At what point should a wife leave her husband after he has put his hands on her?

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The man is the aggressor in theraflu's case.
I just read it. He says he was on drugs and it's not his normal behavior :patrice:
If it's not normal for him then this might be worked out, but on the other hand, the substance abuse would be another reason to leave for me if I was her :patrice:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I learned from the other thread started by @Theraflu that a wife should not leave her husband the first time he puts his hands on her.Here's the run down of his story:

He was under the influence of drugs when he pushed his wife and kissed another woman.

How many times does a husband get to put his hands on his wife before a divorce gets called into question?Is it the kind of hit that matters?Are some hits not considered more serious than others?
What was the situation leading up to the alleged assault?

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I just read it. He says he was on drugs and it's not his normal behavior :patrice:
If it's not normal for him then this might be worked out, but on the other hand, the substance abuse would be another reason to leave for me if I was her :patrice:

Why is hitting someone on drugs better than hitting someone sober? :deadmanny: I don't understand that logic.

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
No. There is no reason we should be putting hands on each other. If it comes to that then we don't need to be together...

Oh so I can push you and get away with it? Next time it may be a slap, then a punch, maybe a kick....

Exactly.I feel like many men in abusive relationships don't start out with immediately beating their girlfriends,it's a gradual process.First it might be intense jealousy, then a push, a kick, a punch.etc.

One time. Those people are idiots especially the ones who think that a woman really in "love" would tolerate it.

I agree and I am sick to my stomach to know that this board is predominately black male and instead of checking the OP, they are somehow trying to convince him that his "push," is insignificant.There are many black women besides OP's wife that endure domestic abuse, the rates are alarming & instead of them making it a teachable moment for the OP, their main goal was to convince the wife to stay with him.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You wouldn't even ask this question if you ever had a good shagging even once in your life.

:mjlol:

"Judge I want a divorce. He pushed me."

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Exactly.I feel like many men in abusive relationships don't start out with immediately beating their girlfriends,it's a gradual process.First it might be intense jealousy, then a push, a kick, a punch.etc.

I agree and I am sick to my stomach to know that this board is predominately black male and instead of checking the OP, they are somehow trying to convince him that his "push," is insignificant.There are many black women besides OP's wife that endure domestic abuse, the rates are alarming & instead of them making it a teachable moment for the OP, their main goal was to convince the wife to stay with him.

There was a thread last weak where a guy hit a woman and she was knocked out, hit her head, was put into a coma and is likely dead. One hit is all it takes.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

In theory i'd like to believe this is the case. But I know a double standard exist here and I don't really have a problem with it.

Any man calling for a divorce because he wife got really upset once and pushed or slapped him isn't going to be looked at as any kind of real man or husband if he running trying to get a divorce over it.

I could never see myself being like yeah that's a wrap we are done you "pushed me" :to:

Theoretically I'd like to think she'd never get ballsy enough or so upset that it came to that with her, :birdman:but you never know:yeshrug:

I know I wouldn't be thinking divorce or anything off a push or a slap.

I'd be highly pissed off with a slap tho, just swing on me :mjlol: