At what point did you begin to dislike Walter White in Breaking Bad?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never viewed him in the light of an antagonist

Because he wasn't the antagonist, he was the protagonist. He was the central character in the story. He also played the role of antihero and villain at various points.

I guess I'm just a heartless motherfukker because I honestly didn't feel bad about the shyt with Brock. Walt got backed into a corner because Jesse basically turned on him after Walt put everything on the line to save his dumb ass.

Nothing infuriated me more about that show that Walt continually putting himself at risk for Jesse.

But yeah, Walt should have just taken the money from his old partners when he had a chance, but he was letting pride fukk with him.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jessie gf was a druggie who was gona blow all his $$$$

In 2 years jessie would be a bum again..walt felt like he needed jessie to help him cook

Walt didn't need Jesse to cook, Walt just needed Jesse for distribution.

Once Walt linked up with Gus he didn't need Jesse anymore and they parted ways. Jesse tried doing shyt by himself, almost got caught by Hank, Walt had to bail him out, Jesse got beat the fukk up and threatened to snitch. That forced Walt to bring Jesse into Gus' operation. shyt would have been cool but then Jesse started stealing, then he got in his feelings about a boy being killed, nearly turned everything to shyt and almost got himself killed, Walt had to save him while at the same time pissing off Gus.

Walt had issues with ego but a lot of the shyt that went horribly wrong was because of Jesse.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Walt didn't need Jesse to cook, Walt just needed Jesse for distribution.

Once Walt linked up with Gus he didn't need Jesse anymore and they parted ways. Jesse tried doing shyt by himself, almost got caught by Hank, Walt had to bail him out, Jesse got beat the fukk up and threatened to snitch. That forced Walt to bring Jesse into Gus' operation. shyt would have been cool but then Jesse started stealing, then he got in his feelings about a boy being killed, nearly turned everything to shyt and almost got himself killed, Walt had to save him while at the same time pissing off Gus.

Walt had issues with ego but a lot of the shyt that went horribly wrong was because of Jesse.

To be fair Jesse's boy got killed because Walt wanted to expand into areas where other people were selling. Jesse even warned him it was a bad idea.

Now, that doesn't excuse how Jesse reacted but Walt is the initial reason that whole situation got started.

And honestly Walt didn't need Jesse for anything....not by season 3 at least. He just wanted him around, partially because he seen him as a son....partially because he could use him.

Fred.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
When he refused to sell off the methylmene to the rival crew and stop pushing. He could have ended it all right there. All the money he needed and gotten Jesse and Mike out of the shytstorm he created for them. He let his ego make his decision at the expense of everybody, including himself.

he was true to life on that one. big timers never get out the game. they can have all the money in the world. more money than they would ever know what to do with, and they will still be in the thick. their only options are prison or death. he felt the power and couldnt let go. he couldnt be the science teacher that was looked down on anymore, he was more than that in the end.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
During the series, I was rooting for him. Mainly because, I was cool with his transformation and come up as well as everyone else involved was NOT the most likeable or purely honest individuals them damn selves.

It took me looking in retrospect, and watching Better Call Saul and how many lives Walt PERSONALLY destroyed or killed (directly and indirectly) and reminded what Mike was telling him before he got murk'd on how everyone had a good thing going until Walt fuccked it all up... that I realized how much of a piece of shyt Walter White truly was the entire time.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Except he has his scene where he himself broke it down.

Which is the same thing worded differently. :gucci:

Mitch: "I love the game, I love to hustle."

Walt: "I did it for me, I liked it. I was good at it. I felt alive."

Both were in the game far longer than they needed to be for reasons apart from the money.

Fred.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
i know i'm in the minority.. but i disliked walt from the jump :manny:

then they surrounded him with characters that i hated even more than him :francis:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh him killing Mike I had no issue with.

Mike himself was a career killer and people forget he was under orders from Gus to murk Walt and Jesse. They'd have been dead if Saul hadn't looked out for them and Jesse hadn't killed the nerdy scientist guy.

So killing Mike was whatever to me

Poisoning Brock though... can't fukk with harming children
Exactly about mike . His lawyer also fukkrd it up for mike ! He should of used Saul . Mike also was extremely reckless with how he treated Walt all season . He didn't keep it business he stayed shytting on Walt ahd being reckless