At What Age Did U Stop Wearing Jays

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
Stopped at 16. Felt like it was a waste. Everyone was looking the same the first day of school. Switched to vans, sperrys, toms, and new balances.

Thinking about coppin some asics and pumas. I dont spend more then $100 on shoes unless its dress shoes

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
U telling me u wanna be 30+ still dressing like this with loud ass jays?:mjlol:

2dcbff0a09ec8ccf71ac56c37551a78c.jpg

R kelly atleast over 40 if im not mistaken:mjlol:

:deadrose:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
If you're over a certain age, you'll buy them for different reasons than a younger person would. 80s baby (like myself) buy them for nostalgic reasons. I remember Jordan wore the raptor 7s when he hit 6 3-pointers against the blazers, and he did the shrug. I remember the 72-10 season with the 11s commercial when the nikka dunked on a 100ft rim. Remember the the 97 season started, and this was before the internet, when we saw him play in the 12s, but he couldn't get a good look at the shoe until the commercial of him playing the Lakers came out. I remember when he tried to jump from the free throw line for the playoff 12s. We remember waiting for the 98 all-star game when him and Kobe went at it, and he made Kobe look silly out there on the court. We were waiting when these shoes originally debuted, so now that we can afford to buy them, we do.

Just like when middle aged men buy old school muscle cars, a large part of it is nostalgia.
This!!

Although i still check them out they became "low class"status to me once i kept seeing dudes in the store and they girl was always the one paying for them....and they just not exclusive to me like that anymore....but i do have two fresh pairs of the ones he won his first ring in...all time favs next to the 11s which I've had at least 5 pairs of. .but my generation will actually go ball in them

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im 24 boutta be 25 & I have atleast 20+ pairs of Jays (plus Foams Air maxes etc)

Thing is

I cant see myself past 30 walking around with a pair of jordans wit the fat jumpman on the front.

For now their good especially the 11s:banderas: but I dont wanna dress "GQ", aka dress like a square with handkercheifs in my pocket and Christopher Columbus wingpoint shoes:ld:just to look older.

I think Ima just keep wearing Space Jams for years to come :patrice:but their has to be a point I grow with my style

What an arbitrary cutoff point, especially when you consider 30 isn't that much older than 25. Wear what you want, when you want; the people you think are gonna judge you don't give a fukk either way.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
lol they're sneakers, I'm not going to stop wearing them, just wear them when I'm not in a suit or dress shirt. Would you wear adidas, reebok, vans or chucks in a suit? i doubt it. So are you going to stop wearing them?