At What Age Did U Stop Wearing Jays

Daps
Reppin
Chi City
After my parents stopped buying them for me back when I was a kid I only copped two pairs of 16s back in 01with my own money. I didn't buy another pair until the Anthracite 9s in 2015 and the Space Jam 9s last December.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ill be glad when cornballs stop wearing jays.

Just got home from a meeting bout to throw on some jays and sweats and run to grocery store :blessed:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
never brought jordans. i refuse to at this point. he doesn't need my money and i don't need his "shoes"

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
never brought jordans. i refuse to at this point. he doesn't need my money and i don't need his "shoes"
do the billionaire shareholders of Nike, Adidas, Puma etc need your money?

I wear dress shoes five days a week. Why the fukk would I wanna wear some loafers to the damn Walmart over the weekend?:heh:
exactly. these guys are idiots

Black Sinatra

Raised Glass to the Squandered Potentials..
Daps
Reppin
DSGB
Bought my first pair December and wore them twice. Ole girl got them actually....unworn in 2017...prally wont wear again. :yeshrug:They uncomfortable.

I own 4 pair of Huaraches tho. Best shoe I ever wore.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If you're over a certain age, you'll buy them for different reasons than a younger person would. 80s baby (like myself) buy them for nostalgic reasons. I remember Jordan wore the raptor 7s when he hit 6 3-pointers against the blazers, and he did the shrug. I remember the 72-10 season with the 11s commercial when the nikka dunked on a 100ft rim. Remember the the 97 season started, and this was before the internet, when we saw him play in the 12s, but we couldn't get a good look at the shoe until the commercial of him playing the Lakers came out. I remember when he tried to jump from the free throw line for the playoff 12s. We remember waiting for the 98 all-star game when him and Kobe went at it, and he made Kobe look silly out there on the court. We were waiting when these shoes originally debuted, so now that we can afford to buy them, we do.

Just like when middle aged men buy old school muscle cars, a large part of it is nostalgia.

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I wear foams more then my js..but I have more js then foams..but now I'm about to start rocking these yeezys..I have two pairs..the breds and the zebras..very excited about these purchases..I rocked my royal blue foams yesterday and I think those are my favorite foams of all time..lol well that's all y'all n I'm 28
:mjcry: bastid

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
U telling me u wanna be 30+ still dressing like this with loud ass jays?:mjlol:

2dcbff0a09ec8ccf71ac56c37551a78c.jpg

R kelly atleast over 40 if im not mistaken:mjlol:
a nikka who knows how to dress with the right fit will have a pair of Js looking fresh. R kelly looks dumb there because of the hoodie. don't matter what kinda shoes you wearing. loafers, derbies, wingtips, Js , YSLs, Ballys....if you cant dress youre gonna look foolish

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
Go on any rapper over 40 page. You can still rock sneakers and be fly. Im 38... aint stopping no time soon.

I mostly wear sneakers. It is what it is. Im in Florida. No Boots needed.

U got a point, 2 chainz old ass still dress like he in his 20s:patrice: