At some point won't African immigrants just become AA?

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So if you take a dna test and find out your ancestors sold people and owned slaves you gonna pay up? Most of those slave traders and prison guards were put on the ship too. Alot of AA's would end up havign to pay other AAs. Slipper slope you're on.
yea that shyt is way more fukking complicated than simply demanding african countries to 'pay reparations':mjlol:

they only mutually beneficial thing that could happen would be if some african nations give out land to Africans of the diaspora and create an environment where those with skills sets could participate and help contribute to said country:yeshrug:

If you really want just reparations you need to talk to Murica and England.

Ehhhhh das hard cause Italians around here in marry eachother same with the irish. they didnt have to marry white Americans to become white. White Americans were smart enough to accept them to increase the white population.

Antonin Scalia is perfect example 100% italian probably one of the whitest and most conservative judge in recent times he is the definition of a white american.
that true's.

same thing is happening with mexicans and latinos

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea that shyt is way more fukking complicated than simply demanding african countries to 'pay reparations':mjlol:

they only mutually beneficial thing that could happen would be if some african nations give out land to Africans of the diaspora and create an environment where those with skills sets could participate and help contribute to said country:yeshrug:

that true's.

same thing is happening with mexicans and latinos

The good thing about Africa's position is that the African Americans and diasporans that are there genuinely care and add value and assimilate and contribute to the society and the people value them highly as well. The riff raff that post offensive things online without a pot to piss in tend to talk for the sake of talking.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Stupid c00n logic and base level thinking. People like you do more damage to AA's than any foreigner.

How is it c00n logic...

The c00n logic is for fukking Africans to sell us into slavery. Let us get brutalize and murdered and then their fukking kids come over here and reap the benefit of slaves because they can't manage their own fukking country. No...that's not how this shyt would go down...if AA's knew who they were.

AA's would be like "Nah that shyt is fukked up...stay the fukk over there...unless you pay up..."

Like I said. My people were slaves. If you ain't a descendant of a slave, you not my people. If you can say you are Yoruba, Igbo and all that shyt...what the fukk you have to do with me?

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is it c00n logic...

The c00n logic is for fukking Africans to sell us into slavery. Let us get brutalize and murdered and then their fukking kids come over here and reap the benefit of slaves because they can't manage their own fukking country. No...that's not how this shyt would go down...if AA's knew who they were.

AA's would be like "Nah that shyt is fukked up...stay the fukk over there...unless you pay up..."

Like I said. My people were slaves. If you ain't a descendant of a slave, you not my people. If you can say you are Yoruba, Igbo and all that shyt...what the fukk you have to do with me?

OK Charles Barkley

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Once AGAIN you guys confuse ETHNICITY and RACE. Its 2017 and we're still having this confusion.

im not confusing anything my point is "AA" by your way of definition want to decide who is AA and Who is black. stop dikk eating and let nikkas do them.

it doesn't matter either way imma still select AA when i fill out apps and imma still be described as- AA a label i didn't give myself.
Although "other" might be advantageous at times.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
OK Charles Barkley

Lol...Africans don't wanna pay for their sins but wanna benefit off the struggles of AAs and wanna call me a c00n...

LMAO fukk outta here...yall the biggest c00ns on the fukking planet...if anybody should be called a c00n...

:mjlol:

Wanna try to lump me in with yall when it's convenient..but when we on those slave ships...yall they didn't come back and get us...:lolbron:

But when a nikka says reparations...yall start talking like White people...:hhh:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps

Nah...Africans will pay up in any case...they benefited from the slave trade too...

And it is simple..African countries, territories sold African people into the slavery. Those African people came to Americas and a new ethnicity was created.

Black people of the Americas have just as a much of a claim on Africa just like they do on the Europe.

Now...if West Africa doesn't wanna pay...then they are just c00ns...and a mature Black American politics would make it hard for them to step foot in the USA.

African Americans need to understand...those African countries and territories benefited. Those slave traders were sending their kids to Europe to be educated.

And no fukk that contributing to and all that shyt...we should get a royalty on the oil and the land and put it in a fund and use it to fund the education and the development of the Black people in the Americas...

timeless

All Star
Daps
Not really. It depends on how much the kids are taught and whether they're immersed in moms culture just as much as dads. They will most likely identify closely with the country they're born into tho. A friend is a first generation American born from immigrant parents. He identifies more as an American.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
We don't mean fukk Pan Africanism on the economic and political aspect...

We mean on the social...

like we mean...we are different and we ain't all "African". Like all that RGB shyt needs to be dead.

Like us descendants of slaves need to be like..."Yeah yall wanna come here but we gonna need to get this money straight. We want this and that and we'll push for yall to come here. If not, we pushing to keep your out."

That's my version of Pan-Africanism. It ain't brotherhood and sisterhood it's business.

Instead they just come here and we get no benefits from them being here...but our ancestors and even us alive today...make it so they can come here. How your people gonna sell us into slavery, we get no help from you at all and then your children come here and reap the benefits.

That's a hell no.

:mjlol:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Homegirl of mine is Nigerian.. Steady checkin me when I say something about both of us being 'African'.. She just be like :francis:

I think the majority of Africans raise their children within a Eurocentric framework ('raise them white') or atleast something-other-than-african-american. For that reason, they don't really 'become' A.A, unlike say, West Indians, who assimilate pretty early on (My moms Trini but she regards all Diasporic ppl as A.A, herself included)

edit:

Pan-Africanism isn't a delusion and some countries on the mainland (Namely Ghana) do give us land and citizenship. nikkas can do this tough tony shyt all day, but the fact is, we're 11% of the population and declining. Everybody else has a homeland from where they draw resources and brother\sisterhood, in the global market, a homeland, especially one as resource-rich as Africa is an imperative. You can't tell me you'd rather see cacs and Chinese people getting rich off us before you see a breh\sis doing it.
No.
Although you say Africans are raised with a "eurocentric framework"

That Eurocentricity is the exact reason why it's easier for West Indians to assimilate

b/c yall are still westernized with european names like African Americans.

As far as Africans, The reason why its a little harder to assimilated in to African American culture is simply because of cultural differences.

plus many African come here for Economic reasons.

And since WHITE people are on the top of the totem pole, many parents attempt to raise there children to mingle with whoever is closest to the resources, which is white people
no different than the chinese, indians, latinos

Although Im starting to see more and more Africans just sticking with their own,

EDIT: I agree that pan-Africanism is not a delusion. Economic participation could work. Hell , there are already people making it happen without any publicity.

Last edited:

generic-username

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
I think a lot of it depends on when they lose their African names, of course there are other factors, but losing your name is a major step to becoming an AA. In Africa as long as you have an African name, you will always be seen as an African.