At some point won't African immigrants just become AA?

KingSlime

All Star
Daps
Because we got our independance sooner Haitian people have been sporadically immigrating into the united states in waves longer than any other group of diasporic blacks so it's not uncommon to hear about haitian descendents 3 or 4 generations removed from Haiti and you'd NEVER know of their ancestry without serious digging because they've integrated into black society so thoroughly. And I'm not even talking about Louisiana Creoles either, Philadelphia and Maryland used to have a pretty sizable free black Haitian communities going back to slavery but they've just been assimilated into greater AA culture without leaving much of a mark. So yes I'm 100% sure after a while the descendants of black immigrants will become completely idistinguishable from African Americans, same being true for most white immigrants in this country

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
It's not just hip-hop. It's how many will view themselves and how others will view them if they choose not to preserve the culture that their parents grew up with. It's how they'll self-identify. Generation to Generation it COULD very well happen, especially if these groups keep marrying out.

If you can't tell me any stories about your grandparents in the Jim Crow South or your folks moving up North to escape the Deep South then I'm not trying to hear about cultural preservation. This shyt is in our DNA and thats not something you assimilate into.

K.Dot

African American
Daps
Reppin
Bro 'nem
If you can't tell me any stories about your grandparents in the Jim Crow South or your folks moving up North to escape the Deep South then I'm not trying to hear about cultural preservation. This shyt is in our DNA and thats not something you assimilate into.
:wow:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Pan Africanism is an a delusion. I am glad I got out of my whole wanting to be African phase. Only thing I want from Africa is reparations. And the only Black people I can see myself getting with is Afro-Latinos...just so can we push for reparations.

African immigrants are coming over here and they ain't coming over to be friends with us...and they ain't coming over here and letting us go get land and oil from Nigeria or Ghana...

They coming over here and taking our spot. We should've learned from West Indians but we didn't. Now we have a second wave of African descendant people coming over here and I am glad that we starting to look at them like...:wtb: instead of being on some :blessed: "Brother! Sister!" shyt...

We gonna have to kill this stupid pipe dream of wanting to be African and inclusive...

We are descendants of slaves, we made our life here, we fought here and we gonna die here.

And I don't care if is White person, an African, an Asian or a Latino...we are the True Americans. We have a more of a right to this country than anybody. Even Native Americans. I don't give a fukk about them either. They had slaves, fukk 'em.

We need to stop being soft and they start asserting ourselves as the founders and creators of the USA. Crackers stole it from us, they didn't build this shyt.

I kept trying to TELL AAs that they need to start a Pan-AA cultural movement that specifies their ethnicity and culture. Like what oppressed groups like the Kurds, Palestinians, Native Americans, Tibetans and even Amazigh of North Africa did/are doing. But nobody wanted to hear me before. But now they're waking up.

Doing this will halt cultural appropriation AND lead to a more determined group.

Supa cat

Catset Don Dada
Daps
:mjlol:You a Bozo
Nikka I dont care if AA or African or West indians Identify as albanians or pakistanaian I dont give shyt.

All I know is on the Census, I only have one choice AA, On the street Im just a regular black nikka

edit- one day yall mad Black immigrants dont identify as AA, next day yall want them to identify as AA
Last part is facts

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Homegirl of mine is Nigerian.. Steady checkin me when I say something about both of us being 'African'.. She just be like :francis:

I think the majority of Africans raise their children within a Eurocentric framework ('raise them white') or atleast something-other-than-african-american. For that reason, they don't really 'become' A.A, unlike say, West Indians, who assimilate pretty early on (My moms Trini but she regards all Diasporic ppl as A.A, herself included)

edit:

Pan-Africanism isn't a delusion and some countries on the mainland (Namely Ghana) do give us land and citizenship. nikkas can do this tough tony shyt all day, but the fact is, we're 11% of the population and declining. Everybody else has a homeland from where they draw resources and brother\sisterhood, in the global market, a homeland, especially one as resource-rich as Africa is an imperative. You can't tell me you'd rather see cacs and Chinese people getting rich off us before you see a breh\sis doing it.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pan Africanism is an a delusion. I am glad I got out of my whole wanting to be African phase. Only thing I want from Africa is reparations. And the only Black people I can see myself getting with is Afro-Latinos...just so can we push for reparations.

African immigrants are coming over here and they ain't coming over to be friends with us...and they ain't coming over here and letting us go get land and oil from Nigeria or Ghana...

They coming over here and taking our spot. We should've learned from West Indians but we didn't. Now we have a second wave of African descendant people coming over here and I am glad that we starting to look at them like...:wtb: instead of being on some :blessed: "Brother! Sister!" shyt...

We gonna have to kill this stupid pipe dream of wanting to be African and inclusive...

We are descendants of slaves, we made our life here, we fought here and we gonna die here.

And I don't care if is White person, an African, an Asian or a Latino...we are the True Americans. We have a more of a right to this country than anybody. Even Native Americans. I don't give a fukk about them either. They had slaves, fukk 'em.

We need to stop being soft and they start asserting ourselves as the founders and creators of the USA. Crackers stole it from us, they didn't build this shyt.

So if you take a dna test and find out your ancestors sold people and owned slaves you gonna pay up? Most of those slave traders and prison guards were put on the ship too. Alot of AA's would end up having to pay other AAs. Slippery slope you're on.

Last edited: