At some point won't African immigrants just become AA?

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyway to answer the question, it depends brah :yeshrug:

I mean I have cousins and nieces and nephews that are culturally no different than any other AA kid except their last name. And the mothers are all AA.

Then I know some first and second gen african people that are basically just 'Mainstream Americans' that happen to have ancestry directly from the Africa. Ironically, These guys are the first to bring up their heritage even more for a few reasons:mjpls:....until they get their negro wakeup call.

Sure You can participate in AA culture all you want, and yes certain aspects of the AA community still affect you since your are still black,

But, at then end of they day you still have a place hat's really your home:manny: Hell Your parents probably just saw America as a lick, but decided to stay here due to political instability and coups like my folks did :yeshrug:

Maybe down the line if you marry an AA and your kids marry other AAs, then they will basically AA.... like how the Irish and Italians became just White after a few generations

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
Because we got our independance sooner Haitian people have been sporadically immigrating into the united states in waves longer than any other group of diasporic blacks so it's not uncommon to hear about haitian descendents 3 or 4 generations removed from Haiti and you'd NEVER know of their ancestry without serious digging because they've integrated into black society so thoroughly. And I'm not even talking about Louisiana Creoles either, Philadelphia and Maryland used to have a pretty sizable free black Haitian communities going back to slavery but they've just been assimilated into greater AA culture without leaving much of a mark. So yes I'm 100% sure after a while the descendants of black immigrants will become completely idistinguishable from African Americans, same being true for most white immigrants in this country

This is the point I was pretty much trying to make

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I think you're taking it literally.

nope

you might need 2 parents of african ancestry to be black hence percentages and other nonsense but you only need one parent of a certain ethnicity to be that ethnicity with no qualifiers.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I kept trying to TELL AAs that they need to start a Pan-AA cultural movement that specifies their ethnicity and culture. Like what oppressed groups like the Kurds, Palestinians, Native Americans, Tibetans and even Amazigh of North Africa did/are doing. But nobody wanted to hear me before. But now they're waking up.

Doing this will halt cultural appropriation AND lead to a more determined group.

And these nikkas don't need to talk about Hip Hop and fried chicken as Black USA culture...

We need to start looking in the writings of Black people...like Martin Delaney, David Walker and Frederick Douglas and start talking about how we are different from Africans and Afro Brazilians

Cause Africans know who they are...

If we start talking about got damn Hip Hop and drinking Kool Aid and shyt...that's nothing...

Hell there are people in Japan that eat fried chicken and bump Hip Hop music all day.

I tell nikkas, dancing and singing and shyt is not culture. Those are cultural products. That is the result of culture. Culture is how a group of people see the world and express themselves in it.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pan Africanism is an a delusion. I am glad I got out of my whole wanting to be African phase. Only thing I want from Africa is reparations. And the only Black people I can see myself getting with is Afro-Latinos...just so can we push for reparations.

African immigrants are coming over here and they ain't coming over to be friends with us...and they ain't coming over here and letting us go get land and oil from Nigeria or Ghana...

They coming over here and taking our spot. We should've learned from West Indians but we didn't. Now we have a second wave of African descendant people coming over here and I am glad that we starting to look at them like...:wtb: instead of being on some :blessed: "Brother! Sister!" shyt...

We gonna have to kill this stupid pipe dream of wanting to be African and inclusive...

We are descendants of slaves, we made our life here, we fought here and we gonna die here.

And I don't care if is White person, an African, an Asian or a Latino...we are the True Americans. We have a more of a right to this country than anybody. Even Native Americans. I don't give a fukk about them either. They had slaves, fukk 'em.

We need to stop being soft and they start asserting ourselves as the founders and creators of the USA. Crackers stole it from us, they didn't build this shyt.

btw this is super c00n thinking and stupid.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Anyway to answer the question, it depends brah :yeshrug:

I mean I have cousins and nieces and nephews that are culturally no different than any other AA kid except their last name. And the mothers are all AA.

Then I know some first and second gen african people that are basically just 'Mainstream Americans' that happen to have ancestry directly from the Africa. Ironically, These guys are the first to bring up their heritage even more for a few reasons:mjpls:....until they get their negro wakeup call.

Sure You can participate in AA culture all you want, and yes certain aspects of the AA community still affect you since your are still black,

But, at then end of they day you still have a place hat's really your home:manny: Hell Your parents probably just saw America as a lick, but decided to stay here due to political instability and coups like my folks did :yeshrug:

Maybe down the line if you marry an AA and your kids marry other AAs, then they will basically AA.... like how the Irish and Italians became just White after a few generations

Ehhhhh das hard cause Italians around here in marry eachother same with the irish. they didnt have to marry white Americans to become white. White Americans were smart enough to accept them to increase the white population.

Antonin Scalia is perfect example 100% italian probably one of the whitest and most conservative judge in recent times he is the definition of a white american.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
And these nikkas don't need to talk about Hip Hop and fried chicken as Black USA culture...

We need to start looking in the writings of Black people...like Martin Delaney, David Walker and Frederick Douglas and start talking about how we are different from Africans and Afro Brazilians

Cause Africans know who they are...

If we start talking about got damn Hip Hop and drinking Kool Aid and shyt...that's nothing...

Hell there are people in Japan that eat fried chicken and bump Hip Hop music all day.

I tell nikkas, dancing and singing and shyt is not culture. Those are cultural products. That is the result of culture. Culture is how a group of people see the world and express themselves in it.

Have you read through this thread?
Refuting the myth that Black American music/culture is "Europeanized".

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uh no...it's simple...

If you are over here in the damn USA and your ancestors was a slave...than Africa has to pay in land rights and shyt...

As far as I am concerned...I ain't a fukking African like that...fukk does DNA have to do with my ethnicity...all my kinfolk are in the USA...soon as the Africans got to the USA and they were no longer part of the tribe...my ancestry starts in the USA. Not in Africa. If you was born in Africa...your ancestry starts there. You not a descendant of a slave. Me and a Nigerian are not kinfolk.

Stupid c00n logic and base level thinking. People like you do more damage to AA's than any foreigner.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Homegirl of mine is Nigerian.. Steady checkin me when I say something about both of us being 'African'.. She just be like :francis:

I think the majority of Africans raise their children within a Eurocentric framework ('raise them white') or atleast something-other-than-african-american. For that reason, they don't really 'become' A.A, unlike say, West Indians, who assimilate pretty early on (My moms Trini but she regards all Diasporic ppl as A.A, herself included)

edit:

Pan-Africanism isn't a delusion and some countries on the mainland (Namely Ghana) do give us land and citizenship. nikkas can do this tough tony shyt all day, but the fact is, we're 11% of the population and declining. Everybody else has a homeland from where they draw resources and brother\sisterhood, in the global market, a homeland, especially one as resource-rich as Africa is an imperative. You can't tell me you'd rather see cacs and Chinese people getting rich off us before you see a breh\sis doing it.

We don't mean fukk Pan Africanism on the economic and political aspect...

We mean on the social...

like we mean...we are different and we ain't all "African". Like all that RGB shyt needs to be dead.

Like us descendants of slaves need to be like..."Yeah yall wanna come here but we gonna need to get this money straight. We want this and that and we'll push for yall to come here. If not, we pushing to keep your out."

That's my version of Pan-Africanism. It ain't brotherhood and sisterhood it's business.

Instead they just come here and we get no benefits from them being here...but our ancestors and even us alive today...make it so they can come here. How your people gonna sell us into slavery, we get no help from you at all and then your children come here and reap the benefits.

That's a hell no.