At some point won't African immigrants just become AA?

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
The reading comprehension on this site by some users is really piss poor :skip:

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm all about blacks uniting. I'm not going to be lured in this divisive mess that you guys got going on. At the end of the day this mess only exist on the web and is practiced 0% of the time in reality. Thats why the topic is funny as hell to me. LMAO.

Hope ya not AA...cause that's why we losing. Reparations & Affirmative action are suppose to be for AA-DOS only.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The main point wasn't even about PTSD, but instead African and Caribbean blacks do not share the same American south slave history as African-Americans. Saying so would just be living in denial. The trauma was only brought up because it maybe different in how it impacted the two populations.
That's why i wrote your post was partly true!

BUT, I don't think by looking at the small things is good, we all still went through some foul shyt that has effected all of us to this day. My issue is with them acting like they dealt with these issues, and are better then us, then come up with fake shyt as excuses like we see on this forum. I agree we should deal with each other talking shyt, but as someone who seen small issues turn into real beef, I don't think we should start separating our history when it comes to slavery, and its impacts in every aspect of our lives. I know we have differences, but the base is the same. Trust me some white or nonblack racist is reading all of this, and will use it to have us play against each other, just for them to win!

A lot of them get on my nerves, but it's a line I won't cross because I know where it will lead. Africans be on some shyt, but when it comes to caribbeans, we have more in common then not. As AA we need to control our place in this country, but that doesn't mean to make them our main enemy. I notice that is where all of this back, and forth, is turning into on the internet. And what happens on the internet eventually goes to the real world, nowadays.

And i'm not arguing with you, you get nuff props from me, I just don't agree with going down that road as far as slavery, and our history, for the world to see. Devils are lurking! Maybe I'm reading into it wrong, but I have a feeling I know where this is going to lead.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
how does black immigration negate the fact that aframs are a distinct ethnicity?
oh...
I apologize I didn't mean it that way.

I was saying that how it relates to other black people that have migrated here. I am saying that they are African-American because they've adopted African American lifestyle and mindset and culture but they are technically not African American. I reserve the term African American (or as I always say black Americans) for the descendants of the enslaved Africans brought here during the slave trade