ASUS announces their own handheld pc

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I exclusively play my Steam Deck off it's battery. I'm fine with the Ally's battery life on Turbo and Performance mode, but not so much in Silent mode, where it runs significantly less efficient than Steam Deck with older PC games and emulation. Asus still has a month to tweak software, so I'll hold on to my pre-order for now. Remember, the Steam Deck released in a janky state. Valve has done an amazing job updating and tweaking the Steam Deck. Can Asus do the same?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I’m going to be hooking this up to my tv with the eGPU and ally on my tv rack. This will basically be a new console for me. I’ll use it portable when traveling, but it’ll be a nice mini windows of for my tv.

Yeah I'm scoping this jawn as new laptop while the Steam Deck will be used as a gaming/linux machine. One thing I can say about these handhelds is that they make it so easy to just hook up and call it a gaming PC. No need to build (expecially with these crazy prices nowadays).

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
apparently no quick resume, which is a key feature for a handheld

The head of Xbox devices, Roanne Sones, hinted that Microsoft is working on quick resume for Windows, at the Ally event. Will it happen? Who knows.