ASUS announces their own handheld pc

Shakeydog

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This thing is calling my name , I remember the felling of playing diablo 3 on switch handheld and being mind blown ,with Diablo 4 releasing soon its almost a no brainer. Most of the complaints I see are things that will be updated through the software and I understand what it means to buy something like this when it first launches. Also the fact that I can get a discount using my best buy cc is making it hard not to pull the trigger.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I wanna wait but it really doesn't help that I can drop the cash now and won't be hurting :francis:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Where you be at that you don’t have access to electricity?

Other than going maybe camping or something, i don’t get the gripes about battery life.
if you are buying a portable device, shouldn't portability be a very big focus? If it's plugged in or charging all the time, what advantage does it have over a pc or a console? :patrice:
Windows' UI is not a big issue IMO since you can just get used to it but the battery life isn't within the user's control.
I guess powerbanks are an option but still

DaStangMan

Rookie
Bushed
Daps
if you are buying a portable device, shouldn't portability be a very big focus? If it's plugged in or charging all the time, what advantage does it have over a pc or a console? :patrice:
Windows' UI is not a big issue IMO since you can just get used to it but the battery life isn't within the user's control.

that it's light and small and you can get a portable screen and set it up easily anywhere

DaStangMan

Rookie
Bushed
Daps
pre-ordered this for my son. Almost got him the steam deck but this is way more powerful and Windows 11 is a win.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
i mean in 2023 “power” might as well be “portable”

Can’t think of any place i’d be where i would not have access to electricity.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
that it's light and small and you can get a portable screen and set it up easily anywhere
This makes no sense...

Case and point, why wouldn't you just use a laptop instead if you're going to be plugged in all the time? What is the benefit of this thing over a gaming laptop if to get the most out of it you need to be plugged into a wall socket and an external screen?

The selling point of these devices is portability that a laptop doesn't offer, the ability to unplug from a power source and pull it out anywhere and game, on a beach, on a plane, taking a shyt on the toilet...etc

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This makes no sense...

Case and point, why wouldn't you just use a laptop instead if you're going to be plugged in all the time?

The point of these devices is portability that a laptop doesn't offer, the ability to unplug from a power source and pull it out anywhere and game, on a beach, on a plane, taking a shyt on the toilet...etc
A laptop is uncomfortable.

A laptop will be used sitting up a desk pretty much like a laptop.

A handheld device that’s comfortable to hold in your hands, is a different experince.

Planes and toilets have power outlets, hell they even recently installed a “charging station” on the beach near me.

Literally the only place i can think of that doesn’t have a power outlet is camping, and people usually bring a generator or electricity hook ups to do that.

Worst case scenario is you bring a power bank with you, which you would need to do with a laptop as well

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Even airlines have a wallplug and most trains ( except nyc )
Not all, it entirely depends on the model of the plane and where on the plane you're sitting...

The majority only offer outlet access for premium cabins, economy only has USB...

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I keep trying to find that 4090 eGPU dock, but it’s sold out everywhere. I guess I’ll sign up for alerts.

Apparently the 4090 mobile eGPU is equal to a 4070ti, so it should bring about a lot better performance, albeit at a steep cost. Still the portability of it all is amazing.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
Not surprised. ASUS has WOAT level product support. Recently got myself a Zenfone 8 only to find out that the only way to unlock the bootloader doesn't work anymore because their servers for the unlock app have been down for a few months . Now im stuck with a phone I can't use to it's full potential. I'm so close to returning this mofo but the Samsung s22 iv'e been eyeing has the same issues with inability to unlock the bootloader :francis: