Assimilation or Autonomy?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
fukk, let's start at the top.

Somebody define "autonomy" as it's being used in this thread.

Then explain how you think that can be achieved by black people in America.

Otherwise this thread is pointless.
I literally have too many post on this topic from within the past year for you not be able to use the search function and find out. In fact, I have a dedicated thread on the topic.
a simple summary shouldn't be difficult
I said reparations is usually sought by autonomist because it gives you the capital to build.....nowhere did I write that reparations is autonomy. Can you not read?
but you can't claim to be autonomous while actively relying on someone else to set your plan in motion.

Reparations would fall under assimilation.

You smart dumb nikkas need to think this shyt through before you type it out:smh:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Do you know what autonomy means?:dahell:

To further expound because I have to spell out every little thing for the slow, this thread is about autonomy for BLACK PEOPLE not just BLACK AMERICANS. I don't view Black Americans separating from American society as a necessity for global Black autonomy.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
This is the first question you should ask any Black person before speaking to them on Black-centered matters?

True or False? Personally, I say yes. It'd be an easy way to spot the bullshytters from the real.

This needs to be the new phrase for those of us trying to build.

Real talk. Would rep if I could.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
fukk, let's start at the top.

Then explain how you think that can be achieved by black people in America.

Otherwise this thread is pointless.

a simple summary shouldn't be difficult

but you can't claim to be automous while actively relying on someone else to set your plan in motion.

Reparations would fall under assimilation.

You smart dumb nikkas need to think this shyt through before you type it out:smh:

Call someone dumb but be unable to use a simple search function

Think reparations is a form of assimilation when its purposes is to take collective capital from the ruling class and not the "assimilating class" :russ:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
To further expound because I have to spell out every little thing for the slow, this thread is about autonomy for BLACK PEOPLE not just BLACK AMERICANS. I don't view Black Americans separating from American society as a necessity for global Black autonomy.
But you can't be a part of American society and still be autonomous.:dwillhuh:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

I would imagine OP means to have the ability to self-govern.

Now with that said, I don't think reparations is the answer either. No hand-outs. I feel like we're still overly dependent on this system. Fighting for reparations to me means that we still need them to a degree.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Your problem is that you're factoring out their whiteness because you think a set of Black Koch brothers could wield the same influence as the white Koch brothers, this is patently false and a historical.

Is it? And why couldn't they? Money talks and bullshyt walks in America. I am not being naive breh. I get what your saying. Just think your down playing the influence of money in America. I mean hell why do you think Obama became the President. To keep the money going.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Is it? And why couldn't they? Money talks and bullshyt walks in America. I am not being naive breh. I get what your saying. Just think your down playing the influence of money in America. I mean hell why do you think Obama became the President. To keep the money going.

Obama became president because he won the presidential election.