Assimilation or Autonomy?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Yes but not by the hands of whites per say:usure:. Your trying to undermine my point by making strawman arguments my dude. What keeps whites in power, over everything else in America and Western society? Its not how many businesses they own, or their political power or their majority population. Its Money. Period. That's what gives them their power over everything else. Therefore to match that we need Money as well. No matter how you get it. Get it. Money brings influence, which brings power, which brings the power to change.

I don't agree that it's money that keeps whites in power, money is simply a tool in a very large arsenal of things that keep them in power.

If Black people in America collectively had more money than all of white America that wouldn't necessarily translate to more power in the way you'd imagine.

Power isn't for sale.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
The type of "integration" MLK wanted is not what people think of when they use that word. MLK wanted reparations primarily and that is the goal of an autonomist.The only thing he never preached was separating from American society.

Soooo you want to separate from America by demanding their money to so. Maybe you can buy land and demand to be a sovereign state from the Union as well. That will work. Then you start your own banks and schools completely separate from the federal and state laws and guidelines. We will just use our own money to do it. That will show em.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
I don't agree that it's money that keeps whites in power, money is simply a tool in a very large arsenal of things that keep them in power.

If Black people in America collectively had more money than all of white America that wouldn't necessarily translate to more power in the way you'd imagine.

Power isn't for sale.

I disagree. How do you think the NRA keeps pushing laws their way. The Koch brothers keep picking the President and state government?

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Autonomy is a very farfetched concept to the average black person because assimilation is the objective and that's mainly because "black leaders" paraded that as the solution. Most "black leaders" have been militant integrationists. That same mindset is pervasive through black intelligentsia as well as wealthy black people. It's apart of the music as well. A cultural shift could change that. But that would either take too long and/or the people who'd most likely be able to spur that change would be thwarted. Autonomy sounds more reasonable if you plot with a cabal and slowly bring other people into the fold.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Soooo you want to separate from America by demanding their money to so. Maybe you can buy land and demand to be a sovereign state from the Union as well. That will work. Then you start your own banks and schools completely separate from the federal and state laws and guidelines. We will just use our own money to do it. That will show em.

Who said reparations is something I'm vying for?

Who said anything about Black Americans separating?

Who said anything about a sovereign state?

Seeing you attempt to describe my ideology and flailing is hilarious.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The type of "integration" MLK wanted is not what people think of when they use that word. MLK wanted reparations primarily and that is the goal of an autonomist.The only thing he never preached was separating from American society.
Wait wait wait.

Autonomy= asking for reperations?

Do you know what autonomy is?:patrice:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I disagree. How do you think the NRA keeps pushing laws their way. The Koch brothers keep picking the President and state government?

Your problem is that you're factoring out their whiteness because you think a set of Black Koch brothers could wield the same influence as the white Koch brothers, this is patently false and a historical.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Who said reparations is something I'm vying for?

Who said anything about Black Americans separating?

Who said anything about a sovereign state?

Seeing you attempt to describe my ideology and flailing is hilarious.

Its called facetious sarcasm breh. But you are double talking as well. You preach for Autonomy and clearly state that reparations is a goal for that. Then try to say your not vying for them.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Wait wait wait.

Autonomy= asking for reperations?

Do you know what autonomy is?:patrice:

I said reparations is usually sought by autonomist because it gives you the capital to build.....nowhere did I write that reparations is autonomy. Can you not read?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You preach for Autonomy and clearly state that reparations is a goal for that. Then try to say your not vying for them.

Yes, for some reparations is a goal to gain autonomy. I'm not in that "some" and have my own ideas....not sure what you are missing here?