Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
To be fair, i purchased an executive studio that's around 500 sq ft if that. It's basically a very nice hotel room in a mid rise apartment type of building. So nothing extrodanary but more than enough for a first time buy in a foreign country I'm not living in an can air bnb when I'm not there.

You got it, Joburg is blacker, significantly. That feeling of walking around and everyone is black of all income brackets is nice.

Don't get me wrong, Cape Town is beautiful, you can't even compare it, but at this point in my life I prefer Joburg.

That said, i can see myself buying a bigger property in Cape Town at a later time.
What company did you go through to buy the spot? You gotta link for their listing of apts to buy?

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
What company did you go through to buy the spot? You gotta link for their listing of apts to buy?

While i won't tell you all my exact property developer. I went direct to a developer that was building an apartment building and I bought 'off plan'.

That said, i would highly recommend you visit a country alot of time before you consider buying a property there. If you are around Cape Town or Joburg you'll see many ads for legti companies selling properties. I saw a big billboard for the company that was building the building I'm buying in on my way to lunch when i was in Joburg last year and that's what started it all.

Here's a article i found with some failry popoular property develops in SA:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Currently living in Uganda with my wife

Paying 200cdn so about 160usd a month for a 1bdrm in a upper middle class area.

Only thing hot water and electricity isn't constant
Goodness, what the hell you got going on in Uganda?

x6hUMeY.gif

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Currently living in Uganda with my wife

Paying 200cdn so about 160usd a month for a 1bdrm in a upper middle class area.

Only thing hot water and electricity isn't constant
how are you dealing with that? I'm heading back to the continent soon. Was thinking about getting an eco flow solar generator

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
how are you dealing with that? I'm heading back to the continent soon. Was thinking about getting an eco flow solar generator

It's fine. When the hot water tank isn't working I just boil water in a kettle :heh:

In regards to the power I have rechargeable bulbs and a few power banks

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
It's fine. When the hot water tank isn't working I just boil water in a kettle :heh:

In regards to the power I have rechargeable bulbs and a few power banks
Well being in Nairobi it doesn't really get hot enough to need A/C. I guess boiling water is an idea

How long is the power usually out? Generally in Nai the power went out late at night for a few hours sometimes during the day but maybe 3 or 4 hours max, unless there was a huge problem.

The funny thing is I went to Africa today It was sorta like a Dave N Busters thing and for some reason the power went on and off today simply because it rained which is unusual for Cali.

Oshay Duke Jackson said he had to deal with 8 hour internet outages, I can't tell by all the videos he puts out daily.

8 hour internet outages unless late at night would be damn near intolerable for me.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Well being in Nairobi it doesn't really get hot enough to need A/C. I guess boiling water is an idea

How long is the power usually out? Generally in Nai the power went out late at night for a few hours sometimes during the day but maybe 3 or 4 hours max, unless there was a huge problem.

The funny thing is I went to Africa today It was sorta like a Dave N Busters thing and for some reason the power went on and off today simply because it rained which is unusual for Cali.

Oshay Duke Jackson said he had to deal with 8 hour internet outages, I can't tell by all the videos he puts out daily.

8 hour internet outages unless late at night would be damn near intolerable for me.

Kampala has similar weather to Nairobi.
Not too hot, even when it's hot I have a few fans so I'm straight

Usually if power goes out it's like 1-2 hours over here. I just make sure to charge my power banks daily.

Laptop is usb c charging thankfully