Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
You should be living like a king with that canadian currency. Why skimp on living experience?

I'm not skimping breh
The most expensive areas aren't even worth it. Kampala isn't that bad that you need a security guard and live in a gated community.

Even when I used to stay at Airbnb's in the top areas such as kololo for example id also lose power and have no hot water

It's Africa

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Currently living in Uganda with my wife

Paying 200cdn so about 160usd a month for a 1bdrm in a upper middle class area.

Only thing hot water and electricity isn't constant

Congrats on the nuptials, breh. That’s what’s up.

Are you working remotely over there?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Congrats on the nuptials, breh. That’s what’s up.

Are you working remotely over there?

Thanks breh and yup using a travel router

Funny thing they have 5g over here and the network is great. I get faster speeds than I get in Canada.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You should be living like a king with that canadian currency. Why skimp on living experience?
I'll answer the question, Unless you're living in a literal Mansion which would cost maybe a fith of what it would cost in the states i.e a Mc Mansion going for maybe 2 million in the states costing say about 330 K or so you're gonna have to deal with power outages unless you have an enginnering background. That same house that costs 330K in the most exclusive areas of the country could be had for maybe 80K max in a regular house. The cost increase is for the infrastucture. With back up generators some kind of no fail plumbing system and even then when you need to maintain the system now you have to deal with an African who knows that you're desparate for your shyt to work and he'll charge you and arm and a leg to fix it and that's if he can source the matierals locally If he needs to import something then you gotta wait.

Again even if you have that perfect failsafe system you still live in Africa you'd have power but maybe the Mall has a Blackout.

I say all this to say you have to be ok with shyt not working like you expect it to all the time, If you can't deal with a power outage or the water being out then you're gonna be frustrated. To live in Africa scratch that any third world country you have to expect the unexpected ( The power blinked off as I typed this.

Frankly it's hard to justify paying 3 to 400K for an house in Africa just so you can say that your power never goes out.

Let me stop here before the power goes out again.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll answer the question, Unless you're living in a literal Mansion which would cost maybe a fith of what it would cost in the states i.e a Mc Mansion going for maybe 2 million in the states costing say about 330 K or so you're gonna have to deal with power outages unless you have an enginnering background. That same house that costs 330K in the most exclusive areas of the country could be had for maybe 80K max in a regular house. The cost increase is for the infrastucture. With back up generators some kind of no fail plumbing system and even then when you need to maintain the system now you have to deal with an African who knows that you're desparate for your shyt to work and he'll charge you and arm and a leg to fix it and that's if he can source the matierals locally If he needs to import something then you gotta wait.

Again even if you have that perfect failsafe system you still live in Africa you'd have power but maybe the Mall has a Blackout.

I say all this to say you have to be ok with shyt not working like you expect it to all the time, If you can't deal with a power outage or the water being out then you're gonna be frustrated. To live in Africa scratch that any third world country you have to expect the unexpected ( The power blinked off as I typed this.

Frankly it's hard to justify paying 3 to 400K for an house in Africa just so you can say that your power never goes out.

What about solar panels?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Yup I've even been to a mall and the power went out and people carry on like normal.

It's Africa there will be power outages, cold water and the odd cockroach no matter how clean you are.

Only thing here in Uganda the roads have less potholes in the upscale areas but meh I don't drive here anyways

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yup I've even been to a mall and the power went out and people carry on like normal.

It's Africa there will be power outages, cold water and the odd cockroach no matter how clean you are.

Only thing here in Uganda the roads have less potholes in the upscale areas but meh I don't drive here anyways
Yeah like I said you have to have a heart for living in Africa, Again american brehs would be surprised that if you don't live in an rather exclusive neighborhood the idea of having paved side walks is a luxury.

When I lived in Imaria Diama it was a nice middle class area with nice malls but you go a. couple streets over and the streets are unpaved and when a bad rain hits it becomes a muddy nightmare.

What made you choose Uganda?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah like I said you have to have a heart for living in Africa, Again american brehs would be surprised that if you don't live in an rather exclusive neighborhood the idea of having paved side walks is a luxury.

When I lived in Imaria Diama it was a nice middle class area with nice malls but you go a. couple streets over and the streets are unpaved and when a bad rain hits it becomes a muddy nightmare.

What made you choose Uganda?

Met my girl there who becane my fiance and is now my wife.

Yeah there is zero sidewalks here and the streets to our place isn't even paved. I'm lazy so I take a boda boda 'motocycle taxi' to th main road for like 50 cents

I'm pretty sure Kampala probably has the worst roads for a major city in the whole world of

Yesterday forgot to close the window and a big flying roach was inside :to:

Thankfully my wife killed it cuz I was like :to: