Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I got an executive studio in Rosebank so it's about 500 sq ft.

Cost was around $65k

And if you are a cash payer, then it was about 10K rand deposit, then 20% of value 30 days after singing agreement, then you have until about 6 months before expected move in date (i bought off plan) to pay the remaining balance.
Will this be an airbnb, personal spot or both? Im starting to prefer rosebank over sandton myself. Lots of dope places to eat/hangout and its a cool little artsy area. Sandton gets old

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
Honestly its more than just clubs. Moreso the scenery, beaches, change of pace being laidback. There’s also more tourist activities IMO (wine tasting, table top, penguins, cape point, robben island, boat tours). Lots of people from jozi go to cape town during NYE. I was in cape town during NYE and it was flooded with people from all over. Including jozi. All the top amapiano dj’s were in cape town as well. The vibe is just different and i love jozi more IMO. This is just what ive been told from people from jozi

Saint is cool, some nights are full of cacs. Wasnt a fan of zioux food but the ambiance is dope considering its the same owner from saint. Havent been to alto but i do like operah

From a tourist standpoint Cape Town is miles ahead of Jobug and it's always something to do especially if you like the outdoors.
However, I admit I like the city life of Joburg and prefer it especially since it's blacks of all walks there. Meanwhile Cape Town is heavily white ot me.

Will this be an airbnb, personal spot or both? Im starting to prefer rosebank over sandton myself. Lots of dope places to eat/hangout and its a cool little artsy area. Sandton gets old

Airbnb. This is my first property I'm buying abroad so starting off small to see how things go.

And i agree with Rosebank over Sandton, even though you can't go wrong with either location.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
From a tourist standpoint Cape Town is miles ahead of Jobug and it's always something to do especially if you like the outdoors.
However, I admit I like the city life of Joburg and prefer it especially since it's blacks of all walks there. Meanwhile Cape Town is heavily white ot me.

Airbnb. This is my first property I'm buying abroad so starting off small to see how things go.

And i agree with Rosebank over Sandton, even though you can't go wrong with either location.
Im glad to see brehs buying property in jozi. Such a dope city. Safety shyt is overblown aslong as you have street smarts.

And you’re right, hella white people in cape town but a lot more international based black people. Met a lot of brehs from congo, somalia etc. But me personally, i wont go to cape town again during NYE. shyt was overcrowded and flooded with tourists.

Do you mind letting me know which bank you went through for the purchase? Fnb? Standard? Absa? I want to buy something as well but it will be no -cash. And since its non cash they want 50% up front as a foreigner

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
Im glad to see brehs buying property in jozi. Such a dope city. Safety shyt is overblown aslong as you have street smarts.
Seriously, as long as you're street smart, for the most part you'll be fine.

. But me personally, i wont go to cape town again during NYE. shyt was overcrowded and flooded with tourists.

I saw some videos on social media and it was crazy. I'm good on that.

Do you mind letting me know which bank you went through for the purchase? Fnb? Standard? Absa? I want to buy something as well but it will be no -cash. And since its non cash they want 50% up front as a foreigner

I took a personal loan through my U.S. bank for most of the balance and paid the difference out of pocket so I didn't use a SA bank.

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY
Seriously, as long as you're street smart, for the most part you'll be fine.

I saw some videos on social media and it was crazy. I'm good on that.

I took a personal loan through my U.S. bank for most of the balance and paid the difference out of pocket so I didn't use a SA bank.
Just curious breh., how did you find this spot to buy?

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
Just curious breh., how did you find this spot to buy?

On my last day in Joburg NYE 2022/23 i was going meet this American lady I know living in the city for lunch at Tashas and I saw an ad for the building coming up and thought "that looks like a nice development". Then at lunch I mentioned the ad and the lady said "oh I'm buying my second property there, let's go look at the model".

It seems the developer bought a few properties and tore the houses down to build like a "midrise" complex. I went back this Thanksgiving while I was with my parents visiting and was going to show them the model but it was gone already as construction is well underway. Move in date for the first phase is Oct 2024

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
On my last day in Joburg NYE 2022/23 i was going meet this American lady I know living in the city for lunch at Tashas and I saw an ad for the building coming up and thought "that looks like a nice development". Then at lunch I mentioned the ad and the lady said "oh I'm buying my second property there, let's go look at the model".

It seems the developer bought a few properties and tore the houses down to build like a "midrise" complex. I went back this Thanksgiving while I was with my parents visiting and was going to show them the model but it was gone already as construction is well underway. Move in date for the first phase is Oct 2024
may need to dm you and pick your brain on a few things. Im looking for something in the $100-$200k arena.

Did you do any research in Pretoria? Some dope spots out there

DeeezNuts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan, NY

Word.. good looks on the info.. does the place have any online ads? I’m looking as well to get a condo in SA.. trying to do some research

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
But me personally, i wont go to cape town again during NYE. shyt was overcrowded and flooded with tourists.
Those weren't "tourists" per se. That's just festive season crowds where everyone leaves Gauteng and the inner provinces and head to the coasts. The same amount of folks you'd see in Western Cape are the the same amount you'd see in Eastern Cape or KZN. The Euros usually come after Christmas for the swimsuit shoots and shyt. Best time to be on Long Street imo

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Those weren't "tourists" per se. That's just festive season crowds where everyone leaves Gauteng and the inner provinces and head to the coasts. The same amount of folks you'd see in Western Cape are the the same amount you'd see in Eastern Cape or KZN. The Euros usually come after Christmas for the swimsuit shoots and shyt. Best time to be on Long Street imo
I was with a shorty from Mozambique and one from Uganda. They saw a lot of their people/friends in the city. Also met a couple brehs from the states. One from chicago with a pawg and a husband/wife couple from Atlanta. Ran into a few australians and british people as well.

Definitely were a lot of tourists there.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I was with a shorty from Mozambique and one from Uganda. They saw a lot of their people/friends in the city. Also met a couple brehs from the states. One from chicago with a pawg and a husband/wife couple from Atlanta. Ran into a few australians and british people as well.

Definitely were a lot of tourists there.
Of course you'd see folks from Moz. It's right there. SA treats folks from Moz like Texans treat Mexicans sadly. You'll see a gang of Australians and Brits because a ton of them have property there and are dual citizens. I worked with several who were born and raised in SA but the British govt opened up a system where they could receive British passports as long as they could show their bloodline had some origins either in Australia or the UK.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Of course you'd see folks from Moz. It's right there. SA treats folks from Moz like Texans treat Mexicans sadly. You'll see a gang of Australians and Brits because a ton of them have property there and are dual citizens. I worked with several who were born and raised in SA but the British govt opened up a system where they could receive British passports as long as they could show their bloodline had some origins either in Australia or the UK.
I feel you but I thought we were talking about tourists breh. Even though moz is right there they’re still tourists by definition :hubie:

How do SA people treat Moz folks? I havent really been able to tell other than a uber driving complaining about them committing car related thefts/crimes in joburg. I do know their economy is ass though. We talking exploited labor or more xenophobic type stuff?

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
We talking exploited labor or more xenophobic type stuff?
Both...just depends on where you're located. KZN (Durban area) had several bad incidents when I was there involving folks from Moz. It was the typical, "they're coming here and taking all of our jobs" trope. Which is insane considering you can go into any Pick N Pay and they'll have people there just to give you a cart or you'll see plenty just standing around or mopping in one spot. Just an excess

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
Word.. good looks on the info.. does the place have any online ads? I’m looking as well to get a condo in SA.. trying to do some research

You can start on this site for all listings:

but doing a quick search i seen this building. Looks straight:

All these look like new developments so maybe off plan buys:

may need to dm you and pick your brain on a few things. Im looking for something in the $100-$200k arena.

Feel free to reach out.
Depending on how mylife goes i can see myself buying a townhouse or something in maybe 5 years
Feel free to reach out though

Did you do any research in Pretoria? Some dope spots out there
No as i was trying to stay in Rosebank or Sandton. so easier to rent out
If i wanted a house i could see myself buyingout city

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
No as i was trying to stay in Rosebank or Sandton. so easier to rent out
If i wanted a house i could see myself buyingout city
Seems like everyone I still talk to is making the move out to Centurion. The chick I talked about in here earlier who owns her own oil refining company linked up with one of the homies from the NBA SA academy and they just bought a nice ass crib there