Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Jozi defied my expectations. I wish I could’ve stayed longer. In Cape Town now and already feeling like Joburg is more my speed.
Tomorrow I'll be going for a jog at the Sea Point/Green Point promenade in the morning.

Friday will be watching rugby in Kloof Street.

mykey

Superstar
Daps
Which city in South Africa should I go to for new years. Planning to stay there for a month or two

Die Kaapse Vlakte

cape-flats-details-2.gif

Do NOT attempt this :ufdup:

Aro

Pro
Daps
Which city in South Africa should I go to for new years. Planning to stay there for a month or two
Johannesburg. The general perception is that it’s dangerous and somebody’s going to snatch your phone as soon as you step off the plane. While I’m sure crime happens it, also happens in every major city in America. Don’t do dumb shyt in the hot spots and you should be fine. Over the week I spent there, never did I feel in danger and I spent some time in Soweto and the CBD. Also I expected white people to be the majority in all the wealthy areas. That’s not what I experienced. The Airbnb where I stayed was black owned near Rosebank. I never go to the mall in the states, but in Jozi I was at Rosebank mall damn near every day because it brought me joy to see so many affluent black people enjoying each other's company without conflict. Same thing at the mall of Africa in Sandton. You also need to go to the four ways farmers market on a Sunday.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Johannesburg. The general perception is that it’s dangerous and somebody’s going to snatch your phone as soon as you step off the plane. While I’m sure crime happens it, also happens in every major city in America. Don’t do dumb shyt in the hot spots and you should be fine. Over the week I spent there, never did I feel in danger and I spent some time in Soweto and the CBD. Also I expected white people to be the majority in all the wealthy areas. That’s not what I experienced. The Airbnb where I stayed was black owned near Rosebank. I never go to the mall in the states, but in Jozi I was at Rosebank mall damn near every day because it brought me joy to see so many affluent black people enjoying each other's company without conflict. Same thing at the mall of Africa in Sandton. You also need to go to the four ways farmers market on a Sunday.
Dap + rep

• Dap
Reactions: Aro

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Johannesburg is not it during NYE. Everyone goes to Cape Town

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
How big is the unit and where at? Did you have to put 50% down as a foreigner?

I got an executive studio in Rosebank so it's about 500 sq ft.

Cost was around $65k

And if you are a cash payer, then it was about 10K rand deposit, then 20% of value 30 days after singing agreement, then you have until about 6 months before expected move in date (i bought off plan) to pay the remaining balance.

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
Johannesburg is not it during NYE. Everyone goes to Cape Town

I mean what do you really want?

It's literally women EVERYWHERE in Joburg. Between, the mall, restaurants, tinder, IG, etc, I don't even "club" in Joburg. Rockets occasionally, but Zioux, Alto, Saint, are more than enough to me to have a good time.

Clubs can be very overrated, or maybe I'm getting older ha

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I mean what do you really want?

It's literally women EVERYWHERE in Joburg. Between, the mall, restaurants, tinder, IG, etc, I don't even "club" in Joburg. Rockets occasionally, but Zioux, Alto, Saint, are more than enough to me to have a good time.

Clubs can be very overrated, or maybe I'm getting older ha
Honestly its more than just clubs. Moreso the scenery, beaches, change of pace being laidback. There’s also more tourist activities IMO (wine tasting, table top, penguins, cape point, robben island, boat tours). Lots of people from jozi go to cape town during NYE. I was in cape town during NYE and it was flooded with people from all over. Including jozi. All the top amapiano dj’s were in cape town as well. The vibe is just different and i love jozi more IMO. This is just what ive been told from people from jozi

Saint is cool, some nights are full of cacs. Wasnt a fan of zioux food but the ambiance is dope considering its the same owner from saint. Havent been to alto but i do like operah