Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
But it's true, no? 50/50 doesn't make 100. It's both not black and X enough because they're both black and X. If we're talking about AA then I wouldn't be surprised if they had more euro than SSA but that's a different conversation for a different time.
But in the same breath, I’ve known coloureds to not necessarily co-opt the Black struggle there but talk in terms of them being oppressed just the same if not more. They claimed their Black side as a matter of situation and only embrace it when enhances their situation. I’ve seen mixed race folks stateside do it but they come from a specific socioeconomic background and go out of their way to prove their “blackness”.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
What's the coloured I'm reading about? Just mixed people of any race, tribe or ethnicity? Are you mostly black? I remember watching vice news in CPT and saw a bunch of slightly lighter skinned black people with nappy hair in the townships. Are their unspoken rules between the group? How are they treated by other groups? I swear I never see them in SA booty pages and posts.

It would just be mixed here in the states. And with the one drop rule (whatever) you're either black or white...

There it was an entirely different (artificial) class created during Apartheid, and they had more privileges compared to Black people there. That classification persists till today. Black people there swear that the most violent townships are those with Coloureds. Insane but there you go.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
Black people there swear that the most violent townships are those with Coloureds. Insane but there you go.
I could believe it. How many times. even in this forums, do you save ppl say mixed ppl take their emotions form their white side and be fukked up in the head/emotionally unstable? Granted, I don' think it's that simple but I understand the logic.

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
A.

There's 3 types of colored girls...
1.The ones who almost pass for white

2. the ones who look like a regular mixed breed colored

3. The dark skinned ones with African features who get mistaken for being black. Sometimes they're just regular brown but have Nguni facial features and hair.

If you date the white passing ones, good luck. They tend to be extreme white boy chasers/bedwenches.

The regular coloreds will not deal with a black man unless you're handsome or rich. Or went to a posh school like Bishops or Hilton College

The dark skinned ones deal with black men due to attrition, Lack of options, and colorism and featimurism within the colored community.

In general coloreds (just like mullatos everywhere) think their white blood makes them special/superior to unmixed black people.
That's why there's always been a divide between them and real black people.

B.
Xhosa men have always been rebellious and formed the majority of ANC leaders against Apartheid.

This rebellious energy doesn't bode well for the white owned corporate environment of SA, so inevitably low skilled and high skilled level jobs in SA are held by a lot of women, these educated "independent" new age black women are impossible to be with, so there's a single mom, fatherless epidemic in SA.

This has in turn created and continues to create a generation of weak mama's boys and man hating girls with heavy Daddy issues.

Women born between 1986-1994 almost all of them are single mother and the young hoes born between 1998-2003 all raised by single moms.

It's a crazy cycle to observe up close :francis:

The gender wars that were happening with black American men around 2011/12 have now firmly landed in SA.

There's an anti black man "man hating" daddy issues energy in SA everywhere you go.

That 2013-2018 period was probably the last of the somewhat good times.
shyt is grim right now :to:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Xhosa men have always been rebellious and formed the majority of ANC leaders against Apartheid.

This rebellious energy doesn't bode well for the white owned corporate environment of SA, so inevitably low skilled and high skilled level jobs in SA are held by a lot of women, these educated "independent" new age black women are impossible to be with, so there's a single mom, fatherless epidemic in SA.

I noticed a lot of this last time I was out there. Not a lot of brehs in corporate spaces with resources. More women than men by far

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

This has in turn created and continues to create a generation of weak mama's boys and man hating girls with heavy Daddy issues.

Women born between 1986-1994 almost all of them are single mother and the young hoes born between 1998-2003 all raised by single moms.

It's a crazy cycle to observe up close :francis:

The gender wars that were happening with black American men around 2011/12 have now firmly landed in SA.

There's an anti black man "man hating" daddy issues energy in SA everywhere you go.

That 2013-2018 period was probably the last of the somewhat good times.
shyt is grim right now :to:

Man look.

Every shorty I met down there, every single one of them... Not one had anything good to say about SA men.

The socioeconomic dynamics down there is all fukked up. Definitely links to Apartheid but has metastasized into an entirely separate beast.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Man look.

Every shorty I met down there, every single one of them... Not one had anything good to say about SA men.

The socioeconomic dynamics down there is all fukked up. Definitely links to Apartheid but has metastasized into an entirely separate beast.

Yep, same thing. Bring up SA men and it’s “Eish…XYZ I don’t like ABC”. Crazy stuff.