Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
@phcitywarrior @Cape Town JHB

Spending 3 nights in Johannesburg later this month(Monday to Thursday). What are the must hit spots? Trying to maximize the short time I have here. I have a chick from last time that'll be coming out to see me but otherwise what's up?

Will be staying in Sandton this time, I felt Midrand was a bit far out from the action.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
@phcitywarrior @Cape Town JHB

Spending 3 nights in Johannesburg later this month(Monday to Thursday). What are the must hit spots? Trying to maximize the short time I have here. I have a chick from last time that'll be coming out to see me but otherwise what's up?

Will be staying in Sandton this time, I felt Midrand was a bit far out from the action.

Definitely check out News Cafe in Sandton. Dope spot.

What are your types of spots/scene (age might also help).

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Scene can be chill/hype. As long as the music is good, and there are women around it's a vibe. Love Kwaito, afrobeats, hip-hop.

Thanks by the way

Gotcha.

I’d def say check out Newscafe is Sandton, Sandeck in Sandton. Kitcheners in Braam (more college aged though). That should put you in a good spot. Your lady friend might be able to recommend some other spots.

If you wanna see ladies throw that ass then hit up Royal Park Hotel in Hillbrow :lolbron:. Ain't no butt shots in there lol

EDIT: I'd also say check out Maboneng on an evening you have free. It's near Jeppe and Hillbrow. It's best to go on Saturday or Sunday in the afternoon but regardless, always a good time. Them ladies be out there heavy on Sundays.

Last edited:

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Gotcha.

I’d def say check out Newscafe is Sandton, Sandeck in Sandton. Kitcheners in Braam (more college aged though). That should pjt you in a good spot. Your lady friend might be able to recommend some other spots.

If you wanna see ladies through that ass then hit up Royal Park Hotel in Hillbrow :lolbron:

Ma nikka :salute:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
@phcitywarrior you trying to get old boy got sending him to Hillbrow :russ:

Nah, Hillbrow isn’t even that bad. People talk like if you go there you’re gonna get lit up on sight. Besides, Royal Park is at the edge of Hillbrow. As far as dude is taking an uber door to door, he should be good. Then again, I'm Nigerian and a lot of these places considered rough aren't too far removed from what I've seen.

Now Noord on the other hand. Yea, I wouldn't be aimlessly walking around there at all.

Damn I can't wait to be back to SA. Probably gonna try and sneak in a quick 10 day trip before I start my next job.

Pt. 2 would be absolutely crazy. I'd pick up from where I left off: House music, braai, South African shorties and a strong exchange rate :ohlawd:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Nothing I haven't seen before :birdman:

Seriously though we'll be Ubering around town.

How about you, when next are you going back?

Not quite sure yet. I went this year around April and it was dope. It'd be best for me to go around their summer (Ideally before April when the temperature starts to dip). Sept-Dec is also a good time to go but my December 2019 is already booked for Nigeria.

I'm thinking before I transition into a new job. I've targeted February/March as when I should have left my current job but some of that is out of my control. My "issue" if you will is with a visa. I'm Nigerian and would need a visa to get down there. Getting a visa isn't a problem per say, but unlike the UK, South Africa will give you a visa for the exact time you plan on being there.

Example. I went to the UK for a few days this summer. The gave me a multi-visa for a period of 6 months starting about 2 weeks before I planned to arrive. With South Africa, I got a visa for 10 days and I planned to spend 8 days there. Long story short, it requires far more more planing. If I were an American citizen I could wake up and go tomorrow if I liked. One thing about SA is the distance. If I were in the UK I could be doing SA as an extended weekend type trip. Public holiday Friday, take off from work Thursday and fly out Wednesday night. But coming from the US is a whole other beast.

Anyway we'll see. But right now I'm planning for Feb/Mar. 10 days, Jozi and Cape Town (might sneak in Durban as well).

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not quite sure yet. I went this year around April and it was dope. It'd be best for me to go around their summer (Ideally before April when the temperature starts to dip). Sept-Dec is also a good time to go but my December 2019 is already booked for Nigeria.

I'm thinking before I transition into a new job. I've targeted February/March as when I should have left my current job but some of that is out of my control. My "issue" if you will is with a visa. I'm Nigerian and would need a visa to get down there. Getting a visa isn't a problem per say, but unlike the UK, South Africa will give you a visa for the exact time you plan on being there.

Example. I went to the UK for a few days this summer. The gave me a multi-visa for a period of 6 months starting about 2 weeks before I planned to arrive. With South Africa, I got a visa for 10 days and I planned to spend 8 days there. Long story short, it requires far more more planing. If I were an American citizen I could wake up and go tomorrow if I liked. One thing about SA is the distance. If I were in the UK I could be doing SA as an extended weekend type trip. Public holiday Friday, take off from work Thursday and fly out Wednesday night. But coming from the US is a whole other beast.

Anyway we'll see. But right now I'm planning for Feb/Mar. 10 days, Jozi and Cape Town (might sneak in Durban as well).

Good to know. I'm actually flying to Nigeria from Jo'burg, late December this year. Will be spending Xmas and New Years in Nigeria with the parents. I had no idea that you needed a visa to enter SA with a Nigerian passport. Does that hold even with a US/UK visa in the Nigerian passport? I only use mine once I fly into Muritala, for all other stuff I use the US one.

My plan is to go back to SA in April with a group of friends for a little over a week. Allows us to check out both Cape Town and Jo'burg.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Good to know. I'm actually flying to Nigeria from Jo'burg, late December this year. Will be spending Xmas and New Years in Nigeria with the parents. I had no idea that you needed a visa to enter SA with a Nigerian passport. Does that hold even with a US/UK visa in the Nigerian passport? I only use mine once I fly into Muritala, for all other stuff I use the US one.

My plan is to go back to SA in April with a group of friends for a little over a week. Allows us to check out both Cape Town and Jo'burg.

I imagine you're asking if you still need a SA visa if you have a US passport. If that's the case, then no. As far as you have a US passport you're good. Just you your US passport when coming into SA then use your Nigerian passport when flying into Murtala Mohammed.

Having a US/UK visa has no bearing on being allowed into SA. I have a green card (which I should have turned into a US Passport by now) but I still needed a visa for SA. The green card does make the process easier though.

I also planned on Nigeria for this December but I was there in May this year and I need to tie up somethings stateside. Dec 2019, definitely. Will probably look to do 3 weeks there.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Nothing I haven't seen before :birdman:

Seriously though we'll be Ubering around town.

How about you, when next are you going back?
Probably in July for the races in Durban then to Joburg. On the Visa tip, I don't think you need one since you get the 90 day stamp upon entry. You only need the Visa for stats longer than that

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I imagine you're asking if you still need a SA visa if you have a US passport. If that's the case, then no. As far as you have a US passport you're good. Just you your US passport when coming into SA then use your Nigerian passport when flying into Murtala Mohammed.

Having a US/UK visa has no bearing on being allowed into SA. I have a green card (which I should have turned into a US Passport by now) but I still needed a visa for SA. The green card does make the process easier though.

I also planned on Nigeria for this December but I was there in May this year and I need to tie up somethings stateside. Dec 2019, definitely. Will probably look to do 3 weeks there.

Gotcha.