Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Breh, I need your help. If you have a Smartphone, I need to you take 6-8 photos of the Sun as it crosses the sky. 1 photo each hour with some sort of filter so you can actually see the Sun's shape. I also need you to take these photos while facing due East or West with a landmark at the bottom of the picture to perform a measurement of it's arc. If at all possible, try to take these photos at the same spot each time.​

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Maboneng Precinct has 24 hour armed security guards. the whole compolex is very very safe. As long as you don't stray too far at night, but why on earth did you choose to actually live there?:stopitslime:... Should've copped a place in the North of Johannesburg. Not Downtown.

Anyway since you're gonna be there, Braamfontein needs to be your chill spot. Them Milleneial bytchs is back in Varsity and its the beggining of the year.(Summertime), if you wanna spit Game that's the place to be.:takedat:

Also as a way to make yourself ''King" of your environment, you must go to ALL the shops, resturants, museums,sneaker spots, DJ/Music spaces etc etc that you will frequent, ask to speak to the manager/owner and just introduce yourself as the 'American'', ask as many questions about how long the business has been running, which side of Johannesburg does that person stay, what made them start that particular business, have they been to Cape Town or outside of SA, (the more you ask about them the more they willo reveal)etc etc , it builds commaraderry and you must really act impressed and awed by their life story "wow..wow" "you're a bigger than me, that sounds scray" ''thats incredible", suck up and boost their ego etc.
This will endear you to owners and managers locally, long term they will hook you up with information, freebies, possibly introduce to their social/work circles of influence, and look out for you in terms of advising you where to go and what to do etc:wow:.

Don't do that just in Maboneng but all the spots in Braamfintein too.

How long are you gonna be in JHB/SA?
willo you be hitting up Cape Town ?

So I've pit in my reservation for the AirBnb but I can cancel. I got a nice little studio apartment for a really good price, well reviewed too. Is it really worth it for me to stay in North Jo'Burg?

I'll be here for 8 days so I figure I'd like to be closer to where the younger people are. It seemed like Maboneng was like a "little Brooklyn".

Could you give me specific places in North Jo'Burg to look at? I can go back to AirBnB and see if there's anything that matches what I'm gonna currently be paying.

Good looks on the socializing advice. I've been doing that for years when I travel solo. Asking questions opens people up and then when you find something you can connect with they'll be more inclined to further the relationship.

I'll be sure to checkout Braamfontein. Will only be in Jo'Burg. No Cape Town this time around.

Also, what is Varisty that you said the millenial girls head to?

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
So I've pit in my reservation for the AirBnb but I can cancel. I got a nice little studio apartment for a really good price, well reviewed too. Is it really worth it for me to stay in North Jo'Burg?

I'll be here for 8 days so I figure I'd like to be closer to where the younger people are. It seemed like Maboneng was like a "little Brooklyn".

Could you give me specific places in North Jo'Burg to look at? I can go back to AirBnB and see if there's anything that matches what I'm gonna currently be paying.

Good looks on the socializing advice. I've been doing that for years when I travel solo. Asking questions opens people up and then when you find something you can connect with they'll be more inclined to further the relationship.

I'll be sure to checkout Braamfontein. Will only be in Jo'Burg. No Cape Town this time around.

Maboneng is straight. Just like earlier, don’t stray too far into the CBD. It should have expanded since I left last year. Braam is dope. Go on Saturday mornings to the Neighbourgoods Market. Hit up The Sheds at Fox as well. Always something popping off there. The varsity he’s speaking of is Wits which isn’t too far.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Breh, I need your help. If you have a Smartphone, I need to you take 6-8 photos of the Sun as it crosses the sky. 1 photo each hour with some sort of filter so you can actually see the Sun's shape. I also need you to take these photos while facing due East or West with a landmark at the bottom of the picture to perform a measurement of it's arc. If at all possible, try to take these photos at the same spot each time.​
Sunrise in Sea Point
2w5t7wn.jpg

Sunset w/ Lions Head in background
11joh0o.jpg

Sunrise from Harbor
s120lc.jpg

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Maboneng is straight. Just like earlier, don’t stray too far into the CBD. It should have expanded since I left last year. Braam is dope. Go on Saturday mornings to the Neighbourgoods Market. Hit up The Sheds at Fox as well. Always something popping off there. The varsity he’s speaking of is Wits which isn’t too far.

Damn, the CBD at night really dangerous like that man. Cool, I'll stay at Maboneng.

Wits as in the University, gotcha. I'll def check it out then.

I'm just taking notes lol.

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps

if you're only there for 8 days Maboneng is perfect. i thought youn were gonna be in SA for more than 6 months or more. I would've suggested any of the top suburbs in and around Fourways/Sandton/Brayston etc all in the North.

Anyway 8 days is gonna be perfect. You need to check out exactly what events are gonna be happening that coincide with your stay there , any Beer Fetivals or Comedy Nights or anything social both during the day and at night. That should have you sorted as far as scouting is concerned.
Wits( Witwatersrand) University is lieterally like one block away from all the bars and clubs in Braamfontein. You'll see a discernable difference when you're around there though.

You're gonna have a blast at Maboneng, even though it tends to be very dry and touristy during the week. Maybe you might snatch yourself a cave bytch from Europe, if you dip in Vanilla from time to time:troll:

Are you planning on hiring a car or using Uber ?
My advice has always been to cop a car and use the GPS from your phone. makes everything much easier

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
if you're only there for 8 days Maboneng is perfect. i thought youn were gonna be in SA for more than 6 months or more. I would've suggested any of the top suburbs in and around Fourways/Sandton/Brayston etc all in the North.

Anyway 8 days is gonna be perfect. You need to check out exactly what events are gonna be happening that coincide with your stay there , any Beer Fetivals or Comedy Nights or anything social both during the day and at night. That should have you sorted as far as scouting is concerned.
Wits( Witwatersrand) University is lieterally like one block away from all the bars and clubs in Braamfontein. You'll see a discernable difference when you're around there though.

You're gonna have a blast at Maboneng, even though it tends to be very dry and touristy during the week. Maybe you might snatch yourself a cave bytch from Europe, if you dip in Vanilla from time to time:troll:

Are you planning on hiring a car or using Uber ?
My advice has always been to cop a car and use the GPS from your phone. makes everything much easier

Thanks man. I'll be using Uber. I thought of copping a car but I don't want the hassle and liabilty of a car especially as I'll be there for just 8 days. I know the Rand is stronger now but I think I'll be good with Uber.

What's the discernable difference I'll notice at Wits?

For scouting, what I've done in the past is a couple weeks before I travel I'll befriend some people on iG etc and let em know I'll be coming down and I'd like to connect. Message them a couple times and then video chat once or twice to cement the connection. I usually do this for the ladies :takedat:.

I'll still be sure to check out Braam and look up events happening around the time I head on over.

I get in Jo'burg Saturday early afternoon. I heard Maboneng is popping during the weekends, especially Sunday. I'll def be jumping right into the action. All ima need is one (or two) of them thick Xhosa chicks and I'm good :wow:

Last edited:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
When I was out in SA, something I did notice was that a lot of the white dudes looked like they worked out out there. The black dudes were slim and way less built.

....of course, no homo though. :huhldup:

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
When I was out in SA, something I did notice was that a lot of the white dudes looked like they worked out out there. The black dudes were slim and way less built.

....of course, no homo though. :huhldup:
Roids. I remember seeing them muthafukkas shooting up at the gym in the locker rooms like it wasn’t shyt

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I'll still be sure to check out Braam and look up events happening around the time I head on over.

I get in Jo'burg Saturday early afternoon. I heard Maboneng is popping during the weekends, especially Sunday. I'll def be jumping right into the action. All ima need is one (or two) of them thick Xhosa
idk what the scene is like now (I’m still debating on whether to catch a quick flight to Joburg before I roll out) but these were the spots I’d hit up the most

Braam: Kitcheners (usually go with some of the homies and set up shop; would always meet a curious college chick). It’s another spot that was across the road from it next to a restaurant that popped. It’s a spot call Hotel I believe that used to have a gang of bad ones in there. Neighbourgoods is always a good spot to meet women.

Melrose Arch: JBs or Churchill’s. You got to the latter, not saying you have to be dressed to the nines but a button up and slip ons will take you a long way.

Sandton: never really did the the Harem, Taboo or Kong (groupies on deck) thing. Not really my type of crowd (youngins). Butchers Shop, Wangthai or Pappas always did right by me.

You can’t lose at Mash (if it’s still open). I know peeps who swore on Rivonia on Deck but i didn’t see the hype.Use to crash the Cubanas in Fourways a bit. Also the one in Pretoria near Menlyn Square which is where all the chicks were going to when I was leaving. Place to be seen from what I’ve heard from friends still there. Just pick a spot and you can’t lose. Happy hour at Basslines on Thursday in Newtown was always a winner. The one joint in Soweto (Zone 6) have some of the thickest broads I ever seen. Vilakazi Street is always good.

As far as maboneng, you will always walk out with something at Living Room. Super chill vibe and everyone is super friendly. It’s another roof top spot around the corner but LR will always be near and dear to me