Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Isn't there a lot of red tape with that? I was looking into that as well, gotta get the fukk out of here.
I've heard folks who've gotten it done in 9 months. Others, it took damn near six years or so. I just want to go talk to the people at their Home Affairs office directly to see what I have to do. Might even try to get refuge status lol

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I was "home" for 6 months I couldn't get comfortable, I had to get back out of there. It was cool for a minute but Nothing home seems to be as good as it was before I left. On one hand having more money then I did before I left made life easier, but when you realize you spend most of it on nothing it gets old real quick. Just talking to people and seeing how closed minded most are in America was annoying.
yea, my moms and sis keep telling me i should kick it here until all the BS blows over

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
16th - 30th is my entire Trip. Bulk is in Cape Town
20th in Windhoek, Nambia (wanted to hit the desert but it's to far for a day trip)
21st in Victoria Falls, Zimbawae
22nd Walk over to the Zimbia side of Falls then head back to Cape Town that afternoon

3 countries in 3 days #Beast
shoot me a holla and/or your WhatsApp when you touch down. I'll probably be there from 19-22 Jan

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I'm going this month (Dec)

On a nother note i bought the Robben Island Museum Tour tickets from that Pick and Pay site (Robben Island Museum Tour Official Tickets), with that can you see the Mandella cell or is that a seperate ticket you have to buy on the island?
You can see it. I've been down to Cape like 8x and have yet been to Robben Island

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Damn. So how are you readjusting. Any culture shock, when you stepped off the plane and saw all the obese Americans whales. You forgot how fat Americans are until you leave for a few months and come back.
Been back a month and still adjusting. Going out to eat an constantly having the server come to your table, actually having to wait 45-60 min for a table to open up, morbidly obese muthafukkas everywhere, and the list goes on and on. Can't wait to gtfoh again

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So at the airport getting ready to leave Joburg. These two years went by way too fast. :salute: to all who commented, asked questions, dapped and pos repped post. Glad I got to share this experience with all of you. Hard to leave :to: y'all

Welcome back. This thread is rafter worthy. I'm just getting back from ATL, and it's a paradise compared to New England in my opinion, but it's funny how perception skews things.

Also, i'ma still need the hookup on the hoes for my trip to Jo'burg and Cape Town in November. :youngsabo:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Been back a month and still adjusting. Going out to eat an constantly having the server come to your table, actually having to wait 45-60 min for a table to open up, morbidly obese muthafukkas everywhere, and the list goes on and on. Can't wait to gtfoh again

As someone who's lived there for 2 years, do you think the crime and violence in Johannesburg (and to a lesser degree Durban and Cape Town) is sensationalized by the media or is it an actual depiction of the reality? I'm aware that most of the violence is relegated to the townships, but on a personal level I've been to Jozi myself on a two-month extended holiday, though I was staying in Illovo, which is a pretty subdued area. I did venture out to Soweto and to Hillsboro at night a few times - a place they told me absolutely not to ever venture to - and didn't see any action. Maybe I was just fortunate, or maybe violence is just that sporadic, but I do plan on going back to Joburg in the near future and might even stay longer this time. I think I've already mentioned it before, but to date, it's still my favorite trip.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
:russ: say it again, can a nikka eat and talk to his company in peace..

I'm living in Naples now, maybe I will do a living in Italy thread:patrice:

Last edited:

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
As someone who's lived there for 2 years, do you think the crime and violence in Johannesburg (and to a lesser degree Durban and Cape Town) is sensationalized by the media or is it an actual depiction of the reality?
Wouldn't say overblown but it is there. Cape Town crime is sneaky cause you can move like you move in the States damn near. Long St catches a victim every weekend I bet (metaphorically). Durban seems almost on par with Joburg depending on where you go.