Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
uh, no they don't actually. They align themselves with everything white or "coloured" as much as possible. Even when talking about regular everyday stuff, they say "the South Africans" or "the Blacks". And they say it so nonchalantly and with a certain snobbery. Kinda like a southern redneck.

I was riding by a two townships the other day and even THAT is segregated. Coloureds on one side of the highway, blacks on the other. Not saying all, but I don't know too many "coloureds" who date black. Some will date white before they even date coloured so it is a fukked up mindset. And I'm slowly starting to see that it's not just a SA thing. One of the chicks kickin it with us this weekend is from Nigeria is lite bright and we were talking dating and shyt. She emphatically let it be known that she would only date Nigerian (which is her prerogative) but she went further and went that if he isn't as light as she or white, then they have no chance. The dark skin chick from Ghana cosigned everything. I'm sitting at the table thinking, "damn you really hate the skin you're in/black people". But they are heavily Euro influenced and split their time between their home countries and London. But if they like it I love it. Don't make me none
which is perfectly understandable since they're not black. most of the colored come from white dads, if you're the son of a dutch engineer, obv you wont see yourself the same as a zulu. you see it as distancing from black and trying to be closer to white, but Ive asked a cpl coloreds and they see it as repping their own category. who they date is subjective and on a case by case and environment. some may like white, some black, some colored, some suburbanites, all preference. heck, they were produced due to a preference themselves. whites won't allow them to categorize as white (nor can they ever be viewed as such) and I think black people need to learn to have some pride and do the same thing. just because said person has black in them doesnt mean they have your interest in mind, whites learned this in early history (moor times) and adjusted accordingly.

anyways, good to see you in africa breh. been to congo a cpl times. I always smile when I get off the plane and everything is black, even the police. being a minority all your life then all of a sudden you're the majority, when you experience it, its a real :wow::mjcry: moment.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
anyways, good to see you in africa breh. been to congo a cpl times. I always smile when I get off the plane and everything is black, even the police. being a minority all your life then all of a sudden you're the majority, when you experience it, its a real :wow::mjcry: moment.
man, GOAT feeling.....all the things that white Americans do (i.e. get loud and mad extra when it's a lot of them around) i catch myself just doing the same thing....power like I never knew before :smugbiden:

rogue_riezo

Les Enfants Terribles
Daps
@Lucky_Lefty I was in Cape Town about 2 weeks ago as well. I feel at home because I'm coloured and Cape Town is full of us. Common misconception is that we all were created there (:mjlol:). I was on business so I didn't get to do much sight seeing and these are the only pics I have on my phone :francis:.

Table Mountain - View from the hotel:

FWN8AkJ.jpg

A view the same mountain from Jan van Riebeecks castle. I had no interest in learning about the castle on the tour, shyt was shoved down our throats as kids:

eWiKN12.jpg

Going to Maropeng this weekend to see the Homo Naledi fossil exhibit before the public viewings end.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Going to Maropeng this weekend to see the Homo Naledi fossil exhibit before the public viewings end.
when do they end? been trying to get there for a minute, just been too lazy or hungover to make the effort. still gotta link up one weekend and hang
Common misconception is that we all were created there
lol, I remember some Nigerian dude breaking it down for me and saying the same thing. Called it Coloured Central

rogue_riezo

Les Enfants Terribles
Daps
when do they end? been trying to get there for a minute, just been too lazy or hungover to make the effort. still gotta link up one weekend and hang

11 October 2015 breh. This damn weekend. Tickets are 25% off if you buy them through their online store but my shyt keeps ending in error.

EDIT: It's ending on the 18 October.

lol, I remember some Nigerian dude breaking it down for me and saying the same thing. Called it Coloured Central

Lol, I have no relatives in, around or from CPT. Mothers side is a hodge podge of Zulu/Italian (grand dad), Mauritian/Xhosa (grand mother) then Xhosa (grand dad) Zulu/Afrikaaner (grand mother). The mentality you spoke of earlier is fukked up because I was anywhere else in the world I'd be classified as black. People got jungle fever all over the place, not only at the coast.

Last edited:

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
All jokes aside though how bad is the crime out there? I heard it's murder/robbery/rape central
depends on where you are.....it's no more violent that your normal U.S. metropolitan area....the thieves are crafty, I'll give them that. When I first got here, I couldn't have been on the ground for more than 30 min before someone pick pocketed me
Whats the weather like. Ive only been to places north of the equator. Does S Africa get 4 seasons?
of course, just milder than what we consider seasons. Summers usually don't get hot (little to no humidity unless you're in Durban which I heard reminds people of S. Carolina humidity). I can count on one hand how many days were actually over 90+. It was hot last week from what I heard. Couple of days over 90.

Cape Town weather is the BEST MANE! Reminds me of San Diego. Has been cold for some reason this past weekend. Even then, you can be out and about rockin shorts and shyt

Rue

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ZA
depends on where you are.....it's no more violent that your normal U.S. metropolitan area....the thieves are crafty, I'll give them that. When I first got here, I couldn't have been on the ground for more than 30 min before someone pick pocketed me

of course, just milder than what we consider seasons. Summers usually don't get hot (little to no humidity unless you're in Durban which I heard reminds people of S. Carolina humidity). I can count on one hand how many days were actually over 90+. It was hot last week from what I heard. Couple of days over 90.

Cape Town weather is the BEST MANE! Reminds me of San Diego. Has been cold for some reason this past weekend. Even then, you can be out and about rockin shorts and shyt

You should try visiting the Karoo then, you'll experience temps well over 50 degrees aka 122 F :beli:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

:dead: