Ask a breh traveling thru Colombia 🇨🇴 & Panama 🇵🇦 anything

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
It's dobable but the best way to make money without paying hella taxes is to invest saved bread in the states into grown Mutural funds and flip the money by reinvesting it into more funds.

If you don't take the profits by selling then technically made more money and you don't have to pay

That's the way to grind to a million while living overseas.

This is true. While in Panama I sold 2 positions I was in just for extra money and the dividends go farther when your bill for groceries is $55 for 7-8 days.

Since I was in a lower cost country and renting my condo out for dirt cheap I was able to buy more positions in stocks I had without having to really cut expenses.

I kinda disagree with you being food overseas, a lot of foreigners do make in Panama. Anywhere you do business you will meet resistance even violent resistance. In Houston I was in a start up for a mobile tire shop. We did well very quickly and started to get threatening calls, people moving against us, Harris Sherriffs County Department taking our inventory, having to get a lawyer to get our shipment back (they wanted a below table payment), and a rival owner waiting outside out warehouse with a crowbar. I could only take 1 year of it and just left (lost my seed money).

In general as an outsider you need to make alliances quick and pay people on the low. I also made this mistake again in a rural Texas town. I moved against a group of doctors that were cheating the Medicare system by never seeing nursing home patients and taking documentation. It was pretty egregious and Healthcare it is a under the table understanding that if I give you patients you gotta push our services in the community over our competitors. Since they were forging signatures and not keeping the end of their deal I secretly replaced them. This causes them to go to corporate and get me fired in the spot by lying and making up stories. Again no matter where always make alliances. This applies in the US aswell

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Yes to both. Dating in Panama was an eye opener. I did not use the apps and I did activities like salsa and cooking classes where I met Panameñas and went on dates with them. For the stereotypes of foreigners thinking you're food all my dates were 50/50 with women wanting to go half but still spend time with you and go back to your crib to smash. They would even offer to split the Uber 50/50 because many of them do have a strong, stable male figure at home. Something that US women tend to struggle with. I felt like dating in Houston was more of a hustle than in Panama.

Man this shyt is crazy. :hhh: :ohhh: I gotta experience for myself. Nearly 50% of American women are obese. And don't get started on the 50/50 thing.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Frankly nikkas with real money ain't trying to bush the states like that no matter how fly your McMansion Villa is at the end of the day you'd be dealing with shoody infrastucture like potholed roads and spotty internet.

I'm defenitely not saying Passport bros and repats are losers and it would be great if a recently retired surgeon set up shop in Sierra Leone but I knew a nurse who while working at the ER in the best hospitak in Sierra Leone saw the lights go out while she was volunterring she realized that there's no way she'd risk being treated for even the smallest boo-boo there. The average Passport bro is to keep it real either a broke incel or a broken Man and or a near high value earner meaning he made about 100K before her retired without a lot of assets. Thoes are the people who are willing to deal with the downsides of living in paradise. When I discovered that there were no apple stores in Kenya I was ready to bounce right there
I’m not trying to knock Africa at all but come on breh it’s no possible way you’re dealing with power outages and no apple stores in a country like Panama, Colombia, Mexico, Brazil @Wiseborn

Panama City feels like any US city. Even in the poorer parts you’ll never have to worry about the things you just listed

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
I’m not trying to knock Africa at all but come on breh it’s no possible way you’re dealing with power outages and no apple stores in a country like Panama, Colombia, Mexico, Brazil @Wiseborn

Panama City feels like any US city. Even in the poorer parts you’ll never have to worry about the things you just listed
Fastest internet I've had. My friend from Panama who runs an advertising agency for all Latino America says that Panama is where the optical cables all converge and distribute through Central and South America. He said that the government makes ton off the cable and the Internet is very quick. There is a reason why PTY City and la Chorrera hardly have electric outages in in comparison to places like CDMX.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Yes to both. Dating in Panama was an eye opener. I did not use the apps and I did activities like salsa and cooking classes where I met Panameñas and went on dates with them. For the stereotypes of foreigners thinking you're food all my dates were 50/50 with women wanting to go half but still spend time with you and go back to your crib to smash. They would even offer to split the Uber 50/50 because many of them do have a strong, stable male figure at home. Something that US women tend to struggle with. I felt like dating in Houston was more of a hustle than in Panama.
I’m glad it’s someone on here who has had similar experiences with the women down there. These lame posters on here think every girl down there is trying to leech & get a green card. I’ve messed with Panamenas who were engineers, med students, government workers. Who have zero desire to leave Panama and come to the states.

And you’re spot on about the women wanting to pick up the check or at minimum go 50/50, that took some getting use to.

My only complaint about the women there is majority of them still live with their family well into their 20s and a lot of them don’t drive.

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
I’m glad it’s someone on here who has had similar experiences with the women down there. These lame posters on here think every girl down there is trying to leech & get a green card. I’ve messed with Panamenas who were engineers, med students, government workers. Who have zero desire to leave Panama and come to the states.

And you’re spot on about the women wanting to pick up the check or at minimum go 50/50, that took some getting use to.

My only complaint about the women there is majority of them still live with their family well into their 20s and a lot of them don’t drive.
Que puedes hacer, son los costumbres Latinos.

Living on your own before marriage or the age of 30 is very much a US custome. My own parents and extended family were dismayed when I lived on campus at 22, moved out for 2 years at 24, and again when I got my condo at 30-31. It is just something that is ingrained within the whole region. Girls living with parents and not driving will be a given especially in the Latino Mega cities

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
Man :whew: and it don’t even be when you hit the bars or clubs. Women just going about they day, straight dime status

Could be a shorty stocking shelves at the bodega or a lobby receptionist.

Fat ass, slim waist, smooth brown skin rocking braids or curly Afro :noah: friendly too and will try to speak broken English with you

Baddies be at El Super 99 and El Rey Supermercado shopping with Yoga pants and a little t shirt....my gawd.

Subway got bad shorties too.....

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Baddies be at El Super 99 and El Rey Supermercado shopping with Yoga pants and a little t shirt....my gawd.

Subway got bad shorties too.....
Albrook too, the airport, did you hit the colon free zone when you were there ?

Man I almost bought a lavanderia for 15k but I chickened out. Would’ve loved to get that passive income

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Panama worth the time? Been debating Peru for a few weeks especially because of the food. Was going to do CDMX but keep pushing it off with all the noise about Gringos flooding it.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Panama uses the American dollar

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

When I say no apple store I mean no official apple store

They fukk something up its not covered by Apple
Blackouts is relative the power went out about the same in the DR as in Kenya

Bit its way more humid in the DR so it pissed me off more

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
Albrook too, the airport, did you hit the colon free zone when you were there ?

Man I almost bought a lavanderia for 15k but I chickened out. Would’ve loved to get that passive income

How was the set up? Was it in San Miguelito? Probably either goes really well operating it or horribly wrong since that's how turn key operations go. For a Lavendaria you might have to spend substantial time there with the day to day operations for a good 1-2 years to make sure it can run on its own.

I only say this because turn key businesses tend to be anything but turn key.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Panama worth the time? Been debating Peru for a few weeks especially because of the food. Was going to do CDMX but keep pushing it off with all the noise about Gringos flooding it.
Panama is a great country if you’re just getting into Latin America travel. Safe, accessible, slightly Americanized, good infrastructure, US dollar economy, large expat community

Peru has hands down the best cuisine I’ve had in Latin America. Flavors & dishes that i haven’t had anywhere but in Peru.
How was the set up? Was it in San Miguelito? Probably either goes really well operating it or horribly wrong since that's how turn key operations go. For a Lavendaria you might have to spend substantial time there with the day to day operations for a good 1-2 years to make sure it can run on its own.

I only say this because turn key businesses tend to be anything but turn key.
it was turn key with 2 employees, established clientele…4 years of operation. Brought in 1300ish after expenditures. They had contracts with private schools and mechanic shops to handle their uniforms and shyt

Nah it was in Parque Leferve. Right on a side street off Via Espana. I don’t have a remote job so ain’t no way I’d be able to oversee day to day operations. And my Spanish isn’t the best. I supposed I could’ve hired one of my cousins down there to look after it but :manny:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Panama is a great country if you’re just getting into Latin America travel. Safe, accessible, slightly Americanized, good infrastructure, US dollar economy, large expat community

Peru has hands down the best cuisine I’ve had in Latin America. Flavors & dishes that i haven’t had anywhere but in Peru. it was turn key with 2 employees, established clientele…4 years of operation. Brought in 1300ish after expenditures. They had contracts with private schools and mechanic shops to handle their uniforms and shyt

Nah it was in Parque Leferve. Right on a side street off Via Espana. I don’t have a remote job so ain’t no way I’d be able to oversee day to day operations. And my Spanish isn’t the best. I supposed I could’ve hired one of my cousins down there to look after it but :manny:

I`ve been in DR/Colombia/Brazil for the last 3 months, so taking a break for a few weeks and just identifying places I can easily get to from São Paulo or Bogota. Lima is a no brainer so was thinking about 3 weeks there then head to Colombia after. Prob use the weekends to Explore another city in Peru.

Panama just screams old retired gringos to me but I don't want to cheat myself.