Ask a breh traveling thru Colombia 🇨🇴 & Panama 🇵🇦 anything

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Yeah Noriega did a lot of fukked up shyt. I’ve heard stories from older family members of people going missing, houses getting Molotov bombed, egregious corruption
Yeah I have too (you've been in the area more than me so probably heard more but I've heard stories, shyt is like a modern urban legend down there).

I was in Vulcan (the town) and saw airplane runways here and there. They say Noriega used them to send shipments to the US on behalf of the CIA and what not. Crazy stuff to see it in real life.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I dont want to speak for him but he might be talking tax exemptions/breaks. Was just on that side and met a couple brothers getting they money UP while living over there. They getting American money remotely while LIVING on that side, let these boys think brothers is goin only for women
This is what I was referencing @Wiseborn

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
If you live outside of the United States for at least 10 months out of the year you are Eligible for tax credits to lower your federal liability to 0.
Then they have companies where you use the company address for your mail which are located in a no income tax state like florida or Texas where you don’t pay state taxes so you’re effectively living tax free

I met software engineers and other IT professionals making well over 6 figures tax free in a country where the dollar is already worth 4-5x more. :wow:

Another thing is their rent is in pesos so as the dollar increases in value in respect to the local currency, their rent actually decreases :wow:
They were already paying less than $600 for high rise luxury apartments and it gets cheaper depending on the month
@Wiseborn this too

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
If you live outside of the United States for at least 10 months out of the year you are Eligible for tax credits to lower your federal liability to 0.
Then they have companies where you use the company address for your mail which are located in a no income tax state like florida or Texas where you don’t pay state taxes so you’re effectively living tax free

I met software engineers and other IT professionals making well over 6 figures tax free in a country where the dollar is already worth 4-5x more. :wow:

Another thing is their rent is in pesos so as the dollar increases in value in respect to the local currency, their rent actually decreases :wow:
They were already paying less than $600 for high rise luxury apartments and it gets cheaper depending on the month
how do you do the bolded?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
This is what I was referencing @Wiseborn
Man I wouldn't depend of Coli Tax professionals not even me. That being said the rule of thumb is if you're out of the country 11 months or more a year the first 119K is technically Tax free in america the local government may tax you a lot of countries have double taxation laws where you can deduct taxes paid from one country to another.

But most people ain't making over 120K a year and if they are they ain't paying capital gains taxes so you can technically make money in stocks or cyrpto and as long as ypu don't sell it and take profits you didn't actually make the money so you don't owe taxes.
People who have businesses or whatever generally don't let either the US or the local government know by not reporting so they don't know and unless you've been underreporting for years you're kind of low priority of the IRS.

But if you got a decent 401k or something again it's not taxed unless you take profits that's all there's to it, nobody's making USD Millions and not paying the IRS unless you give up US citizenship.

This is what I call passport bro propaganda I know several people with Real estate or businesses overseas 9 times out of ten they're in partership with a local and the business is making millions of PESOS not dollars.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I just explained it if you're in IT or whatever you can set up a corparation and have the people paying pay the business as an independant contractor.

Dudes who have this skillset already know this. If you're making more than a 250K ( and I know somebody who did) there's ways you can deduct but at the end of the day you will give Uncle Sam something again it's passport bro propaganda because people who move like this who are some Security contractors and the like already know this and Yes 250K a year goes super far in the DR. but keeping it a stack people with that type of bread like nice shyt.

You get a villa is Sosua with that much bread and you'd deal with local scammers and nikkas trying industrial break in attempts and if anything happens to you don't expect the cops to care all that much.

Frankly nikkas with real money ain't trying to bush the states like that no matter how fly your McMansion Villa is at the end of the day you'd be dealing with shoody infrastucture like potholed roads and spotty internet. 250K and up could either be weekend warriors or import to the states and even when and if your 90 day fiance trips the amount of bread spent on cashing her out is a drop in the bucket and after she leaves you she'll be on the hook to send bread to the family on her Mcjob.

I'm defenitely not saying Passport bros and repats are losers and it would be great if a recently retired surgeon set up shop in Sierra Leone but I knew a nurse who while working at the ER in the best hospitak in Sierra Leone saw the lights go out while she was volunterring she realized that there's no way she'd risk being treated for even the smallest boo-boo there. The average Passport bro is to keep it real either a broke incel or a broken Man and or a near high value earner meaning he made about 100K before her retired without a lot of assets. Thoes are the people who are willing to deal with the downsides of living in paradise. When I discovered that there were no apple stores in Kenya I was ready to bounce right there.

Most people don't want to live without access to a Mac Genius.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Let me say this. Rich is relative overseas there was a cac in Thailand who wanted to open a bar in some choice spot and it was suggested that he cut someone in. He didn't and he was arrested on a trumped up charge ( wierd to say this in the Dolt 45 era) dude spent 6 years in the can because he wouldn't admit to something that he didn't do finally they released him back to switzlerland or whatever and homie wrote a book.

If you live overseas you're generally food everyone will scam you and you'll pay bribes to do what is generally what the government does for locals for "free".

The chances of someone grinding their way to millions of dollars overseas without 25 local partners is highly unlikely

Some brothers from DC set up a large farm in Ecuador and some local haters said that they OOFéd some people and they got 25 years in the can I think they did 4 or so then released of course the farm and all their investments were gone.

in the 3rd world you're always a guest you'd better stay low before you catch a Halo.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Some good insight @Wiseborn. I love visiting these types of places, but I also get an appreciation for mundane and boring aspects of the US while there too.
Yes the local government wants you to Spend US dollars not make local currency. any job or business you get is something that is an oppertunity taken from a local unless you employ 5 or more people that's how it's looked at from the locals perspective.

Worse is the idea that you'll reverse what they want you do and make pesos and spend dollars by sending profits to a US bank.
I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't own a business but understand the pitfally

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
how do you do the bolded?
It's dobable but the best way to make money without paying hella taxes is to invest saved bread in the states into grown Mutural funds and flip the money by reinvesting it into more funds.

If you don't take the profits by selling then technically made more money and you don't have to pay

That's the way to grind to a million while living overseas.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I just explained it if you're in IT or whatever you can set up a corparation and have the people paying pay the business as an independant contractor.

Dudes who have this skillset already know this. If you're making more than a 250K ( and I know somebody who did) there's ways you can deduct but at the end of the day you will give Uncle Sam something again it's passport bro propaganda because people who move like this who are some Security contractors and the like already know this and Yes 250K a year goes super far in the DR. but keeping it a stack people with that type of bread like nice shyt.

You get a villa is Sosua with that much bread and you'd deal with local scammers and nikkas trying industrial break in attempts and if anything happens to you don't expect the cops to care all that much.

Frankly nikkas with real money ain't trying to bush the states like that no matter how fly your McMansion Villa is at the end of the day you'd be dealing with shoody infrastucture like potholed roads and spotty internet. 250K and up could either be weekend warriors or import to the states and even when and if your 90 day fiance trips the amount of bread spent on cashing her out is a drop in the bucket and after she leaves you she'll be on the hook to send bread to the family on her Mcjob.

I'm defenitely not saying Passport bros and repats are losers and it would be great if a recently retired surgeon set up shop in Sierra Leone but I knew a nurse who while working at the ER in the best hospitak in Sierra Leone saw the lights go out while she was volunterring she realized that there's no way she'd risk being treated for even the smallest boo-boo there. The average Passport bro is to keep it real either a broke incel or a broken Man and or a near high value earner meaning he made about 100K before her retired without a lot of assets. Thoes are the people who are willing to deal with the downsides of living in paradise. When I discovered that there were no apple stores in Kenya I was ready to bounce right there.

Most people don't want to live without access to a Mac Genius.
hmm you got a point, still have to contend with the culture of living in a developing country, regardless of how much money you have.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
hmm you got a point, still have to contend with the culture of living in a developing country, regardless of how much money you have.
Yes even if you live in the flyest area in town it would be like if Elon Musk moved to the hood, nikkas would immediately assume that you got it even though there's plenty of locals with way more money than you. They'd rather you get got than them.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Are there a lot of black people in Baranquilla?

I'm trying to go there.
Not as much as like in Cartagena but they there. Blacks all along the Caribbean coast. Cartagena, Barranquilla, Soledad, Santa Marta, Cienaga, Riohacha. Those are the cities I hit

As a 6’2 darker breh i feel like I didn’t stand out if I had low key clothes on. I put on a soccer Jersey, shorts, sandals I look like any other Colombian dude

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
That seems to be a reoccurring theme with countries like Colombia, Panama, and Brazil. I know you got broads that can set you up, but still. Feminine, fit, and friendly?

What the hell happened to the women in the states where it's mostly fat and bad attitudes?
cosby-confused.gif

Yes to both. Dating in Panama was an eye opener. I did not use the apps and I did activities like salsa and cooking classes where I met Panameñas and went on dates with them. For the stereotypes of foreigners thinking you're food all my dates were 50/50 with women wanting to go half but still spend time with you and go back to your crib to smash. They would even offer to split the Uber 50/50 because many of them do have a strong, stable male figure at home. Something that US women tend to struggle with. I felt like dating in Houston was more of a hustle than in Panama.

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
How would you rate the safety off these places?
San Miguelito isn't that bad. When I was remote working I went to San Miguelito to get a used computer monitor for my apartment. I ended up buying shorts, t shirts, Jordans (great fakes), and an extra suitcase at a fraction of what it would cost in Houston. I took the subway to Mall de Los Andes in San Miguelito. I walked around probably until 10pm (got dinner at the this authentic Panameñians restaurant) and got on the last subway home.

If you wanna visit the hood and also get amazing outlet deals you can't go wrong with Los Andes.