As older black men 25plus, should we be mentoring the youth

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ehhh, with mentoring you really have to become an active role in these young men's lives and with all the distractions and fukkery going on nowadays, it's an uphill battle that might end up as an epic waste of time at the end of the day.

From my personal experience, it's best to just drop some gems every now and then while not coming off as some high and mighty know it all, lead by example, and just hope for the best.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Yes. One of my goals in life is to be a mentor. I really wanted to open up some kind of program that provided inner city youth with computers and musical equipment just as an outlet for kids to express their creativity and network with each other and other like minded kids their age.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fatherlessness is a disease, I used to stand back and say this and say that. Then I started volunteering, then I started mentoring. And all many of these young men need is guidance.

Great idea. Someone should pay--with money or privileges--older black men with degrees and/or money to mentor youths.

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
As long as its from a Pro African standpoint and anti c00n and anti bougie stance. Young men need to understand about respect and protection for the community and Black women, also instill a anti west/amerikkkan and white mentality so that they can remove all the emasculation and soft hearted nature they've adopted from being fatherless and around nothing but females who are naturally subservient to the hostage situation we're in.

IShotTheSheriff

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ehhh, with mentoring you really have to become an active role in these young men's lives and with all the distractions and fukkery going on nowadays, it's an uphill battle that might end up as an epic waste of time at the end of the day.

From my personal experience, it's best to just drop some gems every now and then while not coming off as some high and mighty know it all, lead by example, and just hope for the best.
I see completely where you're coming from, and its true, there will be those you invest much time in and things don't work out turn out how you would like. BUT, the same can be said about your own children. Is it a waste of time then? I would say no, so I'll say it's never a waste of time... You're helping expand the minds of the future, fellow beings of the universe who share your own struggle.

Now I'm not saying go completely selfless with this, but you know... Someone has to care about us, because other races don't seem to.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i try to school these dudes about white supremacy....i get negged for telling u what this world is about.....america lied too u....and sold u a damn pipe dream

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I really need to start doing this...but I just can't get off facebook/youtube/the coli long enough. :to:

Is there any way I can mentor the youth from the Internet? :to: