As older black men 25plus, should we be mentoring the youth

RichieRich

Beg my pardon to Martin...
Daps
Reppin
Negroes with guns
Been wanting to get more involved...I coach my boy's ball team :skip:

How did you guys get involved in your neighborhood? I have alot of kids (middle school/high school) cats in my neighborhood but I just moved here not too long ago.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
Just try and better yourself. Learn and grow.
You can mentor when you are 30. At 25 you still have alot to learn.

Take somebody under your wing if you can, sure. But be open to knowledge yourself. 25 is still pretty green. You can just barely rent a car.

Your heart is in the right place though. Thats all you need sometimes.
:manny:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
are gen need to be the generation to correct this shyt, those docile baby boomers dropped the ball

If Gen Y doesn't correct all the shyt that Gen X fukked up at, the black race is doomed :mjcry:

We gotta be the ones that lead our people to freedom, once and for all.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Gen Y doesn't correct all the shyt that Gen X fukked up at, the black race is doomed :mjcry:

We gotta be the ones that lead our people to freedom, once and for all.
yup, those juicy j ass nikkas are lost...lol imgine when those fools turn 60, theyre still gonna be in the clubs....damn shame

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
yup, those juicy j ass nikkas are lost...lol imgine when those fools turn 60, theyre still gonna be in the clubs....damn shame

We already have cats like Birdman and Master P pushing 50 years of age and still act like teenagers. shyt, we have 40 year olds like 2 Chainz and Maino still thinking its cool to be involved in fukkery and caught up in beefs. The boomers and Gen X who saw the heart of the crack era dropped the ball. Gen Y gotta lead an emancipate the black youth to eternal prosperity.

• Dap

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I did that, then like cancer my beliefs have slowly been eaten away.

I started tellin the truth and tellin all the good shyt then slowly but surely I started saying shyt, where I would end up having to take back or clean up later on like "Ay man, I said something the other day about......"

Im sittin in the car like mitch, mad as fukk.
986613_o.gif
It's hard to explain the truth to these cats especially as they are happening, and they are like "What's goin on in ferguson?" and im trying to digest it all, and im hearing the lies and shyt. The kids know whats going on, Ive done stuff like took a youth to dinner then to a movie (no sandusky), played ball, and other than focusing on what it is that we are doing, sometimes they were like, what you do think about Trayvon? and this and that....I can say the real shyt to them that I would say to my boys because, in a way I want to tell them "fukk everyone you need to do you, always put yourself first, etc etc," yet at the same time they need to understand their place and where they are at now so they can abide by the rules, follow directions and graduate.

Even back when hurricane Katrina happened, and the news showed videos of white people "finding food" and black people "looting" I had to try to explain shyt to young black males, and it's fukked up, it really is..

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
So you're OK with the kids you mentored not turning out well :dahell:

I'd be devastated if the kid I'm mentoring ended up fukked up :mjcry:

:whoa: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

I'm OK with knowing that they failed and not live up to their potential, because I know I did everything possible to help them succeed. That's just how it is sometimes. You can do everything you can to help a nikka get himself on the right path, but you can't live life for them.

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
I've been mentoring since my Junior Year of college. If you have the ability help and actually want to, you should. It's small and maybe insignificant, but it won't be a waste of time. You've got nikkas on the Coli who complain about the issues with the black community everyday, yet all they ever do is commute to work for their white boss and go home just to log back on the Coli. Don't talk about it, be about it if you want to impress me.

AntiVenom

Bedwench & Armchair Militant Killer
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Start shaming men who dont marry the women they impregnate.

Boom.

These b*stard children arent the responsibility of every man in the community.

Mentoring is a nice thing to do and should be encouraged...but people shouldnt be coming at men as though its something were obligated to do.

:whoa: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

I'm OK with knowing that they failed and not live up to their potential, because I know I did everything possible to help them succeed. That's just how it is sometimes. You can do everything you can to help a nikka get himself on the right path, but you can't live life for them.

You did all that you could.

It would be stupid to beat yourself up over someone else who failed to follow your directions.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Emperor_ReinScarf
We should make a non-profit and ask the government as well as corporations for start-up money to recruit black mentors.
I'm all for starting a organization for mentoring, but I don't want it to be depended on the government or big corporations. If the government or big corporations don't like a certain part of the program they can pull funding and the organization will fold. Let's get a real grass roots organization going

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Fatherlessness is a disease, I used to stand back and say this and say that. Then I started volunteering, then I started mentoring. And all many of these young men need is guidance.
I'm guilty of not doing much. I'm the stereotypical grinder when it comes to my $$ and providing for my loved ones.

My wife always goes out of her way to help. She worked with non profits when she was in university.

The fact that our first baby due in September was a major wake up call.

I can't be passive anymore, knowing there are children/youth out there that have no assistance, no guidance, no means to navigate in life.

God will always hold me to task for not doing more. I have the time, i have the means, I'll do more.

:wow:

Last edited:

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We already have cats like Birdman and Master P pushing 50 years of age and still act like teenagers. shyt, we have 40 year olds like 2 Chainz and Maino still thinking its cool to be involved in fukkery and caught up in beefs. The boomers and Gen X who saw the heart of the crack era dropped the ball. Gen Y gotta lead an emancipate the black youth to eternal prosperity.
right.....these nikkas seen it and still follow the system :scust:, atleast the gen prior had no choice....but damn....now that im older im shocked how out of touch my parents are with the world....i think to myself"these the ppl that i was taking advice from" :snoop: thank god ive always been a independent thinker

btw master p is a piece of shyt...he was preaching all that shyt about black empowerment and sold his ppl out once he saw no $ was in it.....karma coming for that nikka tho

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
right.....these nikkas seen it and still follow the system :scust:, atleast the gen prior had no choice....but damn....now that im older im shocked how out of touch my parents are with the world....i think to myself"these the ppl that i was taking advice from" :snoop: thank god ive always been a independent thinker

btw master p is a piece of shyt...he was preaching all that shyt about black empowerment and sold his ppl out once he saw no $ was in it.....karma coming for that nikka tho

Master P couldn't have picked a worse time to go back on that goon shyt when you have Cole and Kendrick and even OG Mac going on the pro black tip with all the police brutality cases going on.

• Dap

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Master P couldn't have picked a worse time to go back on that goon shyt when you have Cole and Kendrick and even OG Mac going on the pro black tip with all the police brutality cases going on.
yup, and karma coming for his ass...ppl are waking up and theyre going to dispose of all these old crack era rappers, young cats going to see them as clowns...like us but even younger kids

imo were about to see the new public enemy ice cube krs 1 2pac era soon...but with modern 808 beats.we just need that one charismatic talented dude that isnt blinded by money to step up

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
yup, and karma coming for his ass...ppl are waking up and theyre going to dispose of all these old crack era rappers, young cats going to see them as clowns...like us but even younger kids

imo were about to see the new public enemy ice cube krs 1 2pac era soon...but with modern 808 beats.we just need that one charismatic talented dude that isnt blinded by money to step up

A lot of the older crack era rappers shytted on Public Enemy for being "old" and "out of touch" back in the early 90s. History will not be kind to them when they shyt on MCs that are for black empowerment