As black people, we have to come to accept that...

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I actually kind of agree with Reincar.

Let’s take the debate over whether God actually exists out of the equation for a second and actually focus on the values/actions that Christianity promotes. The fact is, the black community would be in much better shape if it seriously followed Christian values

No premarital sex(good luck with this happening)=less broken homes, diseases, unplanned pregnancies, single parent households

Though Shalt not kill/steal = less crime

do unto others as you would have others do unto you = more unity, less hatred amongst blacks

No gluttony, your body is a temple=less obesity, better health in the black community

Stewardship=less wasteful spending, financial responsibility

I could go on but you get the point. If pastors really want to make Christianity more relevant to the black community, they need to focus on Biblical principles that actually apply to real life issues affecting black people.

Problem is a lot of Christians (not just black) like to pick and choose what they want to be religious about, based on what they feel comfortable with. Which is why no one but the hardcore Christians waits till marriage. But if more black Christians were actually dedicated to their faith and followed what the Bible says, the impact on the community would be positive imo

Now let’s say God doesn’t exist. Even still, I would still say a belief in a higher power would be a better way to keep people in check then revealing the truth(kinda like the end of the Dark Knight) It’s sad, but I don’t have enough faith in human nature to allow the masses to think that there’s no moral authority judging their actions. For a lot of people the only thing stopping them from being a completely evil piece of shyt is the belief that they’ll go to Hell if they continue down that path. I applaud Atheists who still are “good” people despite their lack of belief in a moral authority, but to be honest I don’t really see the point, and I don’t think the average person would either.
Reincar hates women, has engaged in premarital sex and has got MULTIPLE abortions. You don't need a thousand page fairy tale book to follow the simple mantra of "Treat others how you want to be treated". Mentally sane people have inherent morality, right from wrong should be one of the most obvious things to us as Humans. Let alone the fact that God kills more people in the Bible than Lucifer. The most morally corrupt people I've ever read or met in real life have been religious. So it's clear that it isn't helping. We have police and laws, we don't need a boogie man in the sky to scare people any longer.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps

Let’s take the debate over whether God actually exists out of the equation for a second and actually focus on the values/actions that Christianity promotes. The fact is, the black community would be in much better shape if it seriously followed Christian values

No premarital sex(good luck with this happening)=less broken homes, diseases, unplanned pregnancies, single parent households

do unto others as you would have others do unto you = more unity, less hatred amongst blacks

No gluttony, your body is a temple=less obesity, better health in the black community

I could go on but you get the point. If pastors really want to make Christianity more relevant to the black community, they need to focus on Biblical principles that actually apply to real life issues affecting black people.

Problem is a lot of Christians (not just black) like to pick and choose what they want to be religious about, based on what they feel comfortable with. Which is why no one but the hardcore Christians waits till marriage. But if more black Christians were actually dedicated to their faith and followed what the Bible says, the impact on the community would be positive imo

Now let’s say God doesn’t exist. Even still, I would still say a belief in a higher power would be a better way to keep people in check then revealing the truth(kinda like the end of the Dark Knight) It’s sad, but I don’t have enough faith in human nature to allow the masses to think that there’s no moral authority judging their actions. For a lot of people the only thing stopping them from being a completely evil piece of shyt is the belief that they’ll go to Hell if they continue down that path. I applaud Atheists who still are “good” people despite their lack of belief in a moral authority, but to be honest I don’t really see the point, and I don’t think the average person would either.

^^and this is why even tho i'm christian ....most of my closest homegirls are Muslims. It's also why i have such deep respect for Islam. at least most of them are dedicated to their faith and not picky and choosy about it like most fake ass hypocritical church goers.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Wow, a religious person believing that people following religious views would be more beneficial to people's lives.:russ:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
:ahh:

Just got a fresh cut :youngsabo: and atheists still typing titangraphs of anger.

Atheist anger. So based. So pure. :lawd:

Feels good to be secure in my beliefs and be comfortable with them wherever I may be. I couldn't imagine only being accepted in dank corners of the internet with other lonely, angry pretenders. :scusthov:

Semtex. You should tell your dad. It'll free your mind. :ahh:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Wow, a religious person believing that people following religious views would be more beneficial to people's lives.:russ:

Wow. A non religious person disagreeing. :pachaha:

Now that we have the basics out of the way.....

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reincar hates women, has engaged in premarital sex and has got MULTIPLE abortions. You don't need a thousand page fairy tale book to follow the simple mantra of "Treat others how you want to be treated". Mentally sane people have inherent morality, right from wrong should be one of the most obvious things to us as Humans. Let alone the fact that God kills more people in the Bible than Lucifer. The most morally corrupt people I've ever read or met in real life have been religious. So it's clear that it isn't helping. We have police and laws, we don't need a boogie man in the sky to scare people any longer.

what do you mean by inherent morality and right and wrong? if you could steal and kill without the fear of being thrown in jail, would you do it? would you feel like what you were doing was truly "wrong?" morals and societal attitudes are constantly changing, so what exactly is it that keeps human beings "moral" if you don't believe in any sort of moral authority. wouldn't morality be completely relative then?

i'm genuinely curious here. I've always wondered how an Atheist can be "moral" and I always seem to get different answers when I ask them.

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
Feels good to be secure in my beliefs and be comfortable with them wherever I may be. I couldn't imagine only being accepted in dank corners of the internet with other lonely, angry pretenders. :scusthov:

:wtf:...what kind of shythole do you live in in which the majority of young people believe in God...?

I don't know one person my age that gives a fukk about any of that shyt. :manny:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You're assuming that I'm religious :youngsabo: at this point in my life I consider myself agnostic, but I'm not gonna downplay the positive impact of authentic Christian values just because I have my doubts about God

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
You're assuming that I'm religious :youngsabo: at this point in my life I consider myself agnostic, but I'm not gonna downplay the positive impact of authentic Christian values just because I have my doubts about God

Logical, non biased thinking.

:mindblown:

Now get the fukk while we mindlessly debate and troll each other for another five pages. :shaq: