As black people, we have to come to accept that...

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
So we just making shyt up now? :wtf:

Yep, :umad: .

:laff:

You're denying your own life to win a religious debate? Ah, you atheists. Enjoy the shadows of the internet while I bask in the glorious light.

:ahh:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
why should i want this thread to go to a forum we'll just be ganged up on by the overwhelming majority(atheists) ....as opposed to leaving it here and having a chance at having a more evenly split debate numbers wise. wow you dudes are daft. :scusthov:

Woman. What the fukk are you talking about? You're responding to the wrong guy. :beli:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I'm an atheist and I'm more disciplined and have better morals than the vast majority of Christians I know. Don't be mad cause I'm better than you at ya own shyt :mjpls:

You're my dude but you can't even tell your dad your non beliefs. Be proud of who you are.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:laff:

You're denying your own life to win a religious debate? Ah, you atheists. Enjoy the shadows of the internet while I bask in the glorious light.

:ahh:

Debate? I came it saying I agreed with the threadstarter, didn't say anything specifically aimed at you and you got butthurt and started hurling random insults. If you think that's a debate I can only conclude that :umad: .

But for the record, the only thing you said about me that was accurate was that I have a degree and used to live in Detroit.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Anytime an Atheist/Agnostic expresses their views religious people will ALWAYS catch feelings and view it as an attack upon them. Their entire life and identity relies on their religious beliefs being accurate. These religious beliefs are forced upon them during childhood, when a human is essentially a ball of clay for their parents to mold however they want (this is why all Serial Killers have fukked up childhoods). God does not write books, humans do. Why would you ever believe that a human heard the voice of God and wrote it down in a book? That is called a mental disorder. I don't blame religious folks for their beliefs, I recognize its extremely hard to change something that has been with you and forced on you since childhood, I grew up in a Christian family but became an atheist in middle school. I just wish religious ideology didn't affect our political landscape as much as it does. Candidates win elections entirely based on their religious beliefs. No Atheist would ever win presidency, and I think there may be 1 openly non-religious person in the house of representatives. But, Atheism only continues to grow, hopefully we will eradicate this harry potter bullshyt from the earth so we can evolve further. There is no real debate here, thats why it is pointless too. There is no proof of God, thats why they call it faith. You can be the type of person who accepts things without proof, or you can be a logical inquisitive person who doesn't, and people like that usually become atheist.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Go back and read the chain of posts that you quoted of mine and responded to, sweetie. :comeon:

1242032674_obama-hesitate.gif

my bad breh.... i need :whoo:

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
why should i want this thread to go to a forum we'll just be ganged up on by the overwhelming majority(atheists) ....as opposed to leaving it here and having a chance at having a more evenly split debate numbers wise. wow you dudes are daft. :scusthov:

...isn't this the chick that refuses to marry anyone outside of her little Protestant sect? :ohlawd: Ignorance.

Or was that some hysterical Gawd-bothering loon? :leostare:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually kind of agree with Reincar.

Let’s take the debate over whether God actually exists out of the equation for a second and actually focus on the values/actions that Christianity promotes. The fact is, the black community would be in much better shape if it seriously followed Christian values

No premarital sex(good luck with this happening)=less broken homes, diseases, unplanned pregnancies, single parent households

Though Shalt not kill/steal = less crime

do unto others as you would have others do unto you = more unity, less hatred amongst blacks

No gluttony, your body is a temple=less obesity, better health in the black community

Stewardship=less wasteful spending, financial responsibility

I could go on but you get the point. If pastors really want to make Christianity more relevant to the black community, they need to focus on Biblical principles that actually apply to real life issues affecting black people.

Problem is a lot of Christians (not just black) like to pick and choose what they want to be religious about, based on what they feel comfortable with. Which is why no one but the hardcore Christians waits till marriage. But if more black Christians were actually dedicated to their faith and followed what the Bible says, the impact on the community would be positive imo

Now let’s say God doesn’t exist. Even still, I would still say a belief in a higher power would be a better way to keep people in check then revealing the truth(kinda like the end of the Dark Knight) It’s sad, but I don’t have enough faith in human nature to allow the masses to think that there’s no moral authority judging their actions. For a lot of people the only thing stopping them from being a completely evil piece of shyt is the belief that they’ll go to Hell if they continue down that path. I applaud Atheists who still are “good” people despite their lack of belief in a moral authority, but to be honest I don’t really see the point, and I don’t think the average person would either.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Dont you find it ironic that all the atheists frequent the HIGHER LEARNING forum:yeshrug:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
...isn't this the chick that refuses to marry anyone outside of her little Protestant sect? :ohlawd: Ignorance.

Or was that some hysterical Gawd-bothering loon? :leostare:

nah i'm not protestant. i don't do organized religion for the most. but i do consider myself a christian.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Anytime an Atheist/Agnostic expresses their views religious people will ALWAYS catch feelings and view it as an attack upon them. Their entire life and identity relies on their religious beliefs being accurate. These religious beliefs are forced upon them during childhood, when a human is essentially a ball of clay for their parents to mold however they want (this is why all Serial Killers have fukked up childhoods). God does not write books, humans do. Why would you ever believe that a human heard the voice of God and wrote it down in a book? That is called a mental disorder. I don't blame religious folks for their beliefs, I recognize its extremely hard to change something that has been with you and forced on you since childhood, I grew up in a Christian family but became an atheist in middle school. I just wish religious ideology didn't affect our political landscape as much as it does. Candidates win elections entirely based on their religious beliefs. No Atheist would ever win presidency, and I think there may be 1 openly non-religious person in the house of representatives. But, Atheism only continues to grow, hopefully we will eradicate this harry potter bullshyt from the earth so we can evolve further. There is no real debate here, thats why it is pointless too. There is no proof of God, thats why they call it faith. You can be the type of person who accepts things without proof, or you can be a logical inquisitive person who doesn't, and people like that usually become atheist.

Sounds like you and I have followed pretty much the same path. Around middle school is where I stepped away from religion. Excellent post, man.