As black people, we have to come to accept that...

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
That god may very well not exist and that only we ourselves are capable of improving our condition as a people, I know it's an unpopular mindset to embrace, but we really do live in a world more darwinistic than we would like to believe. Whites and Asians have managed to put themselves in a position relative to others where they can play god if they wanted whereas we are constantly searching for a god that either A)does not exist, or B)does not have a reliable track record on answering the needs of black and brown people the world over.

It was the white man who decided he would stop his southern bretheren from lynching negroes because he felt it showed badly on himself. It was the white man who abolished slavery because it infringed on his ability to rein in his brothers who grew too powerful to keep in check, and although it was blacks who organized the movement 50 years ago just to have a seat at the table, it was ultimately the white controlled senate and presidency that gave blacks the privileges they enjoy today.
Yet, I always hear black people give props to jesus, muhammad, buddha for things that white men gave them . "I got a job, thank the lord":beli:

If god really cared so much about "his people", he would have smote the white man like he did so many of the wicked people in biblical fiction.

If the powers that be decided overnight that we would go back to a system of slavery tomorrow, what could any of us do? Pray on it? Nah, I'd rather pray to my tech.
More importantly, what could god do to prevent it? Do you honestly expect him to come out of his throne to address our earthly squabbles? :comeon:. I'm not saying not to believe in whatever you want, but keep that shyt in its appropriate lane. It should not take precedence over our ability to get things done here on earth.

I wonder how many jews prayed to their god right before they were shoved into ovens by a dictator who had the power to show them nikkas just who god really was. I wonder how many native americans thought if they did a certain dance or wore a certain feather that their ancestors would protect them from the white mans bullets or viruses. This is what I'm talking about, the superstitious magical nonsense needs to go when we're talking about making serious power moves. I will give jews credit though, after the holocaust, they was all about getting their shyt together in a secular sense.

Don't put your faith in god, put your faith in yourself. The cold hard truth is you are alone in this world and only you can bring yourself out of the abyss. Inside of you is the potential of god, it was man who introduce guns, automobles, modern medicine and the computer to the world.People talk about what if we lived godless society as if we don't all ready exist independetly of one , when was the last time you seen a burning bush or a seraphim? God has no place in a wild world.

Kanye West & Jay Z (Ft. Frank Ocean) - No Church in the Wild - YouTube

:childplease:

Last edited by a moderator:

SafeForWork

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That god may very well not exist and that only we ourselves are capable of improving our condition as a people, I know it's an unpopular mindset to embrace, but we really do live in a world more darwinistic than we would like to believe. Whites and Asians have managed to put themselves in a position relative to others where they can play god if they wanted whereas we are constantly searching for a god that either A)does not exist, or B)does not have a reliable track record on answering the needs of black and brown people the world over.

It was the white man who decided he would stop his southern bretheren from lynching negroes because he felt it showed badly on himself. It was the white man who abolished slavery because it infringed on his ability to rein in his brothers who grew too powerful to keep in check, and although it was blacks who organized the movement 50 years ago just to have a seat at the table, it was ultimately the white controlled senate and presidency that gave blacks the privileges they enjoy today.
Yet, I always hear black people give props to jesus, muhammad, buddha for things that white men gave them . "I got a job, thank the lord":beli:

If god really cared so much about "his people", he would have smote the white man like he did so many of the wicked people in biblical fiction.

If the powers that be decided overnight that we would go back to a system of slavery tomorrow, what could any of us do? Pray on it? Nah, I'd rather pray to my tech.
More importantly, what could god do to prevent it? Do you honestly expect him to come out of his throne to address our earthly squabbles? :comeon:. I'm not saying not to believe in whatever you want, but keep that shyt in its appropriate lane. It should not take precedence over our ability to get things done here on earth.

I wonder how many jews prayed to their god right before they were shoved into ovens by a dictator who had the power to show them nikkas just who god really was. I wonder how many native americans thought if they did a certain dance or wore a certain feather that their ancestors would protect them from the white mans bullets or viruses. This is what I'm talking about, the superstitious magical nonsense needs to go when we're talking about making serious power moves. I will give jews credit though, after the holocaust, they was all about getting their shyt together in a secular sense.

Don't put your faith in god, put your faith in yourself. The cold hard truth is you are alone in this world and only you can bring yourself out of the abyss. Inside of you is the potential of god, it was man who introduce guns, automobles, modern medicine and the computer to the world.People talk about what if we lived godless society as if we don't all ready exist independetly of one , when was the last time you seen a burning bush or a seraphim? God has no place in a wild world.

Kanye West & Jay Z (Ft. Frank Ocean) - No Church in the Wild - YouTube

For someone who is all about self you sure do give a huge fukk about what other people are doing. Why do you care so much? Obviously you are only striving for your own comfort, so if the next man is delusional how does that hurt you? You are actually sounding like a preacher or something typing up a long ass dissertation trying to get people to agree with you :wtf:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
assessing it by the state level returns a distorted conclusion.

looking at the cities with the most violence, it's difficult to find any significant presence of religious authority. chicago? new york? detroit? hartford? those are four violent ass cities, where bodies drop on the daily, yet they don't strike me as bastions of fundamentalism. in fact, the violence is exploding in our inner cities, where secularism abounds; all kinds of blasphemous debauchery is treated as the norm in the inner city. as i see it, secular societies are filled with people who aren't morally constrained in the way their counterparts inhabiting the rural areas are, resulting in the manifestation of selfish behavior at a higher frequency -- in varying ways, from theft to murder -- in the inner cities.

Uh, big cites with high crime rates like Detroit, St. Louis, Birmingham, etc. are full of religious black folks and there's a ton of churches in inner cities bruh.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
ANY BLACK nikka THATS DENOUNCING GOD SHOULD SLAP HISSELF

BLACK CHURCHES IS THE REASON WE AINT GETTING HOSED DOWN AND BIT IN OUR ASS BY DOBERMANS

THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT STARTED IN THE BLACK CHURCH MOTHERfukkA!!
THE BLACK CHURCH BEEN A STAPLE IN THE COMMUNITY. YEA ITS SOME SHADY nikkaS BUT DONT EVER FORGET THAT!!

CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL IF NOT FOR THE BLACK CHURCH!! REMEMBER THAT shyt bytch!!

nikkaS NOWADAYS CANT EVEN KEEP THEY MOUTH SHUT THESE DAYS AND nikkaZ TALKIN ABOUT NO SNITCHING. THEY WAS TRYNA GET MUTHAfukkING LAWS PASSED BACK IN THE DAYS. ANY INFO LEAKIN KKKRACKAS COMIN THROUGH BURNING DOWN shyt. CHURCH BOMBINGS ALL THAT shyt.

REAL shyt WAS GOIN ON DONT EVER FORGET THAT!! YOU BETTER ASK YO GRANDMA ABOUT THE BLACK CHURCH bytch!!

Turenne

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ireland
I think most of these politicians are undercover athiests. But if they came out they'd be finished

Its one utterly bizarre thing about American politics - if you appear in public as religious, its accepted, applauded and expected. Do this in any other democratic country in the world and your ass gets laughed at - religious politicians are a joke outside of the US.

Daps
Reppin
The DMV
I don't care who made what or even if god exists, but I'm talking about self-reliance and survivalism here. Don't lose sight of the overall objective here. We should not be in a position where our only trump card is prayer. Having an army to back that up and prayer is cool but just prayer brehs?

Prayer without action is useless...not matter how hard you pray.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Believe whatever you want, but Religion has pacified the black man and woman more than any other institution.

Our people got our history taken from us, women raped, children killed, and enslaved, because we were told our treasure isnt in the physical but in heaven. Then you take an image of the man that enslaved you, and you put it in your churches and your homes and in your jewelry and you bow down to the blond hair, blue eyed man every day thinking that is somehow freeing you from the bondage the blond hair, blue eyed man put you in.

shyt is horrible.

Then on top of that not only do we separate and belittle our people by the complexion of their skin (Jim Crow aint dead), but if another black man has a different belief from you, u will refuse to build with that man for betterment of the community because he isnt "equally yoked". We choose to further compartmentalize ourselves instead of unifying as one people.

Marcus Garvey showed us the Blueprint and a century late we even more ass backwards.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Believe whatever you want, but Religion has pacified the black man and woman more than any other institution.

Our people got our history taken from us, women raped, children killed, and enslaved, because we were told our treasure isnt in the physical but in heaven. Then you take an image of the man that enslaved you, and you put it in your churches and your homes and in your jewelry and you bow down to the blond hair, blue eyed man every day thinking that is somehow freeing you from the bondage the blond hair, blue eyed man put you in.

shyt is horrible.

Then on top of that not only do we separate and belittle our people by the complexion of their skin (Jim Crow aint dead), but if another black man has a different belief from you, u will refuse to build with that man for betterment of the community because he isnt "equally yoked". We choose to further compartmentalize ourselves instead of unifying as one people.

Marcus Garvey showed us the Blueprint and a century late we even more ass backwards.

Could you imagine if somebody went to every plantation, every mine, every shipyard, and told them nikkaz, that this life is pretty much it? :heh: Massas woulda been murdered left and right. Religion and moonshine is what kept a lot of nikkaz from overtakin' the overseer.

semtex

:)
Daps
Could you imagine if somebody went to every plantation, every mine, every shipyard, and told them nikkaz, that this life is pretty much it? :heh: Massas woulda been murdered left and right. Religion and moonshine is what kept a lot of nikkaz from overtakin' the overseer.
Yeah and before that the conquistadors used it. Bet they even modified the words

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Lol...the irony of this is you are CLEARLY the angriest and most venomous person in the thread.

:cape:

I see you guys swooped in from HL to weigh in on this thread. I thought you were tired of having the same debates over and over and over and over again. Yet, here you are. Face it, you're obsessed with religion as you are with Mowgli.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
:cape:

I see you guys swooped in from HL to weigh in on this thread. I thought you were tired of having the same debates over and over and over and over again. Yet, here you are. Face it, you're obsessed with religion as you are with Mowgli.

Relax and stop exaggerating. I made a couple of comments, but I'm not going all in on the God discussion because it would be fruitless. I just pointed out that you're looking pretty hypocritical by calling the atheists in the thread angry repeatedly, when you clearly appear to be the angriest person in the thread and you're throwing out a bunch of ad hominems, as you are doing now.