As black people, we have to come to accept that...

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
So you refuse to debate and discuss religion, but when others choose to do so, you sit back and chastise and mock those who happen to be on the side of the argument you disagree with for being too rude...gotcha.

I think me may be compatible Vic. :shaq:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Lemme just drop dis shyt right here n dip. :whoo:

My Take: This is where God was in Aurora – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Dear Christians:

God here. I thought I would take the time to personally explain my absence in the Aurora shootings. While I was at it, I thought I would also explain my absence during every murder, massacre and crime that has ever taken place in World history, and in every war, in every famine, drought and flood.

You see, I do not exist. I never have. Did it really make sense to you that I would create an entire Universe with billions of billions of planets and wait about 13,700,000,000 years just so I could focus on a few Jews from Palestine about 2,000 years ago while ignoring the rest of the 200,000,000 people on the planet at the time? Did I make those few Jews or did those few Jews make me?

Further, do you really think I would sit back and do nothing while Nazis killed 6 million of my “chosen people,” but find it important enough to intervene and turn water into wine to stop some hosts being embarrassed at a wedding in Cana? Why did I seem to be so active in the Middle East for a brief period about 2,000 years ago, but totally absent everywhere else on the planet and for the rest of recorded history? Did I make the Jews or did the Jews make me?

So, you really think my periodic miracles prove my existence hey? Then why not something inarguable and unambiguous, like a huge crucifix in the sky, or my face on the moon? Why is it always that believers have to construct my miracles out of perfectly explicable natural events?

This happens every time there is a tragedy or near tragedy of any kind, anywhere in the world and in all cultures. Captain "Sully" Sullenberger pilots a distressed plane to land safely on the Hudson River in New York City with no deaths, and it's a miracle from God; a young girl is found in India, totally terrorized, but alive after being abducted and ra.ped for a week, and it’s a miracle from my competi.tor Rama (or Vishnu or Shiva) that she is returned to her parents; or a family in Northern Pakistan survives an errant American missile attack, and it’s a miracle from Allah.

What all these self-serving proclamations of miraculous intervention always ignore is the downside of the incidents. The fact that the passengers and crew of Flight 1549 were terrorized and the plane destroyed, that 11 innocent people are dead in Aurora, that the girl was held for seven days, ra.ped and sod.omized and will be traumatized for the rest of her life, or that a number of innocent civilians were killed by the missile.

Of course, none of these incidents really are "miracles.” When the totality of facts are taken into account, "miracles" turn out to be nothing more than believers who are desperate for some sign of my existence ignoring the downside of a set of facts, focusing solely on the upside and calling the quarantined "good" a miracle from me or one of the other sky-fairies. A CEO might as well ignore the liability side of his balance sheet and declare it a “miracle” that his company just doubled in value.

Another annoying habit my “miracles” seem to have is that they always seem to tag along, just behind medical science, like an annoying kid brother who won’t go away. Until the mid nineties, those with AIDS who prayed for a miracle were never granted one. Medical science finds a way to permanently suppress the disease, and all of a sudden I start to perform miracles with AIDS patients. No polio patient ever received a miracle until the Salk vaccine and I routinely ignored cancer patients until chemotherapy and radiation treatments were developed. Suddenly, prayers to me from cancer patients are regularly “answered.”

Why is it that I still seem deaf to the pleadings of amputees who would like their fingers, arms or legs back, to those who have physically lost eyes or ears, to the horribly burned and to all others who ail from patently visible and currently incurable maladies? Why is it that, at the very same time, I am very receptive to the prayers of those whose condition is uncertain, internal and vulnerable to miraculous claims?

Take five minutes to make two lists; one of those ailments I will miraculously cure and the other of those I will not. You will quickly find it coincides perfectly with those conditions medical science (or the human body itself) can defeat and those we cannot. Why do you think that is? It is almost as my miracles are created out of medical ambiguity isn’t it?

No, my human friends. I am afraid I do not exist. I do not read your minds (or “hear your prayers” as you like to call it) and you are not going to achieve immortality (or “eternal life” as you like to call it) no matter how many commandments from Iron Age Palestine you choose to “keep”. Move on and enjoy the few years you have. You were all dead for the last 13,700,000,000 years and it wasn’t that least bit uncomfortable now, was it?

God

DOOMGOODPOST.gif

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Lemme just drop dis nuke n dip.

Dear Christians:

God here. I thought I would take the time to personally explain my absence in the Aurora shootings. While I was at it, I thought I would also explain my absence during every murder, massacre and crime that has ever taken place in World history, and in every war, in every famine, drought and flood.

You see, I do not exist. I never have. Did it really make sense to you that I would create an entire Universe with billions of billions of planets and wait about 13,700,000,000 years just so I could focus on a few Jews from Palestine about 2,000 years ago while ignoring the rest of the 200,000,000 people on the planet at the time? Did I make those few Jews or did those few Jews make me?

Further, do you really think I would sit back and do nothing while Nazis killed 6 million of my “chosen people,” but find it important enough to intervene and turn water into wine to stop some hosts being embarrassed at a wedding in Cana? Why did I seem to be so active in the Middle East for a brief period about 2,000 years ago, but totally absent everywhere else on the planet and for the rest of recorded history? Did I make the Jews or did the Jews make me?

So, you really think my periodic miracles prove my existence hey? Then why not something inarguable and unambiguous, like a huge crucifix in the sky, or my face on the moon? Why is it always that believers have to construct my miracles out of perfectly explicable natural events?

This happens every time there is a tragedy or near tragedy of any kind, anywhere in the world and in all cultures. Captain "Sully" Sullenberger pilots a distressed plane to land safely on the Hudson River in New York City with no deaths, and it's a miracle from God; a young girl is found in India, totally terrorized, but alive after being abducted and ra.ped for a week, and it’s a miracle from my competi.tor Rama (or Vishnu or Shiva) that she is returned to her parents; or a family in Northern Pakistan survives an errant American missile attack, and it’s a miracle from Allah.

What all these self-serving proclamations of miraculous intervention always ignore is the downside of the incidents. The fact that the passengers and crew of Flight 1549 were terrorized and the plane destroyed, that 11 innocent people are dead in Aurora, that the girl was held for seven days, ra.ped and sod.omized and will be traumatized for the rest of her life, or that a number of innocent civilians were killed by the missile.

Of course, none of these incidents really are "miracles.” When the totality of facts are taken into account, "miracles" turn out to be nothing more than believers who are desperate for some sign of my existence ignoring the downside of a set of facts, focusing solely on the upside and calling the quarantined "good" a miracle from me or one of the other sky-fairies. A CEO might as well ignore the liability side of his balance sheet and declare it a “miracle” that his company just doubled in value.

Another annoying habit my “miracles” seem to have is that they always seem to tag along, just behind medical science, like an annoying kid brother who won’t go away. Until the mid nineties, those with AIDS who prayed for a miracle were never granted one. Medical science finds a way to permanently suppress the disease, and all of a sudden I start to perform miracles with AIDS patients. No polio patient ever received a miracle until the Salk vaccine and I routinely ignored cancer patients until chemotherapy and radiation treatments were developed. Suddenly, prayers to me from cancer patients are regularly “answered.”

Why is it that I still seem deaf to the pleadings of amputees who would like their fingers, arms or legs back, to those who have physically lost eyes or ears, to the horribly burned and to all others who ail from patently visible and currently incurable maladies? Why is it that, at the very same time, I am very receptive to the prayers of those whose condition is uncertain, internal and vulnerable to miraculous claims?

Take five minutes to make two lists; one of those ailments I will miraculously cure and the other of those I will not. You will quickly find it coincides perfectly with those conditions medical science (or the human body itself) can defeat and those we cannot. Why do you think that is? It is almost as my miracles are created out of medical ambiguity isn’t it?

No, my human friends. I am afraid I do not exist. I do not read your minds (or “hear your prayers” as you like to call it) and you are not going to achieve immortality (or “eternal life” as you like to call it) no matter how many commandments from Iron Age Palestine you choose to “keep”. Move on and enjoy the few years you have. You were all dead for the last 13,700,000,000 years and it wasn’t that least bit uncomfortable now, was it?

God

DOOMGOODPOST.gif

God doesn't exist but he's writing letters to his believers saying he doesn't exist?

:mindblown:

That's my God. :to:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Lemme just drop dis shyt right here n dip. :whoo:

Dear Christians:

God

DOOMGOODPOST.gif
Some demon wrote that obviously. God was in the people who saved those shooting victims from that demonic ambush.

Daps
Best debate ive ever read....long but worth it if you havent seen it before.

An atheist professor of philosophy speaks to his class on the problem science has with God, The Almighty.

He asks one of his new students to stand and .....

Prof: So you believe in God?
Student: Absolutely, sir.

Prof: Is God good?
Student: Sure.

Prof: Is God all-powerful?
Student: Yes.

Prof: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to God to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But God didn't. How is this God good then? Hmm? (Student is silent.)

Prof: You can't answer, can you? Let's start again, young fellow. Is God good?

Prof: Is Satan good?
Student: No.

Prof: Where does Satan come from?
Student: From...God...

Prof: That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Prof: Evil is everywhere, isn't it? And God did make everything. Correct?

Prof: So who created evil?
Student does not answer.

Prof: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don't they?
Student: Yes, sir.

Prof: So, who created them?
Student has no answer.

Prof: Science says you have 5 senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son...Have you ever seen God?
Student: No, sir.

Prof: Tell us if you have ever heard your God?

Prof: Have you ever felt your God, tasted your God, smelt your God? Have you ever had any sensory perception of God for that matter?
Student: No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.

Prof: Yet you still believe in Him?

Prof: According to empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your GOD doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?
Student: Nothing. I only have my faith.

Prof: Yes. Faith. And that is the problem science has.

Student: Professor, is there such a thing as heat?
Prof: Yes.

Student: And is there such a thing as cold?

Student: No sir. There isn't.
(The lecture theatre becomes very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student: Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don't have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a
word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.
(There is pin-drop silence in the lecture theatre.)

Student: What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?
Prof: Yes. What is night if there isn't darkness?

Student: You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light....But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and it's called darkness, isn't it? In reality, darkness isn't. If it were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?

Prof: So what is the point you are making, young man?
Student: Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Prof: Flawed? Can you explain how?
Student: Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one.

To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Prof: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student: Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir? (The Professor shakes his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument is going.)

Student: Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher? (The class is in uproar.)

Student: Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor's brain? (The class breaks out into laughter.)

Student: Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room is silent. The professor stares at the student, his face unfathomable.)

Prof: I guess you'll have to take them on faith, son.

Student: That is it sir... The link between man & god is FAITH. That
is all that keeps things moving & alive.

this is a true story, and the student was none other than.........Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the present president of India

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff

An atheist professor of philosophy speaks to his class on the problem science has with God, The Almighty.

Prof: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to God to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But God didn't. How is this God good then? Hmm? (Student is silent.)

Student does not answer.

Prof: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don't they?

Student has no answer.

Prof: Science says you have 5 senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son...Have you ever seen God?

Prof: Have you ever felt your God, tasted your God, smelt your God? Have you ever had any sensory perception of God for that matter?

Prof: According to empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your GOD doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student: Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don't have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat, but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a
word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold. Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

Student: You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light....But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and it's called darkness, isn't it? In reality, darkness isn't. If it were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?

Student: Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure. Sir, science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one.

To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Prof: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student: Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir? (The Professor shakes his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument is going.)

Student: Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavor, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher? (The class is in uproar.)

Student: Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor's brain? (The class breaks out into laughter.)

Student: Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room is silent. The professor stares at the student, his face unfathomable.)

this is a true story, and the student was none other than.........Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the present president of India

:pachaha:

This is an old chain letter. I know because the one I read had Albert Einstein as the student.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Student does not answer.

Student has no answer.

Look at that professor yall, :whoo:

Check him out.......... :youngsabo:

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
ALOTTA nikkaS IN HERE GONE REPENT FOR WHAT HEY SAYING
DONT LET THEM HONKEYS FOOL YOU MAN
THE BIBLE TALKS ABOUT LIKE THIS!!
AND IM NOT EVEN RELIGIOUS

THE BIBLE WAS NOT MEANT FOR RELIGION DUMBASS

BIBLE- BASIC INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE LEAVING EARTH

ITS TRYNA PUT YOU HIP TO WHATS GOIN ON IN THE WORLD nikka

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Some demon wrote that obviously. God was in the people who saved those shooting victims from that demonic ambush.

So anybody dat does somethin good, it can't be attributed to dem just doin somethin good it HAS to be because god was in em? Really nikka? :what: :mindblown: :aicmon: :snoop:

theGoldmangod

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not a religious dude, but i think the explanations science comes up with for how the world is is even more ridiculous than the fables in the religious texts. So something just exploded in space a billion years ago and all the shyt we see now just came together over time? How dumb is that shyt :mindblown:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
So anybody dat does somethin good, it can't be attributed to dem just doin somethin good it HAS to be because god was in em? Really nikka? :what: :mindblown: :aicmon: :snoop:
Believers are more likely to sacrafice themselves for others compared to atheists. If you only believe in yourself, then obviously thats going to reflect in your actions, friend.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That god may very well not exist and that only we ourselves are capable of improving our condition as a people, I know it's an unpopular mindset to embrace, but we really do live in a world more darwinistic than we would like to believe. Whites and Asians have managed to put themselves in a position relative to others where they can play god if they wanted whereas we are constantly searching for a god that either A)does not exist, or B)does not have a reliable track record on answering the needs of black and brown people the world over.

It was the white man who decided he would stop his southern bretheren from lynching negroes because he felt it showed badly on himself. It was the white man who abolished slavery because it infringed on his ability to rein in his brothers who grew too powerful to keep in check, and although it was blacks who organized the movement 50 years ago just to have a seat at the table, it was ultimately the white controlled senate and presidency that gave blacks the privileges they enjoy today.
Yet, I always hear black people give props to jesus, muhammad, buddha for things that white men gave them . "I got a job, thank the lord":beli:

If god really cared so much about "his people", he would have smote the white man like he did so many of the wicked people in biblical fiction.

If the powers that be decided overnight that we would go back to a system of slavery tomorrow, what could any of us do? Pray on it? Nah, I'd rather pray to my tech.
More importantly, what could god do to prevent it? Do you honestly expect him to come out of his throne to address our earthly squabbles? :comeon:. I'm not saying not to believe in whatever you want, but keep that shyt in its appropriate lane. It should not take precedence over our ability to get things done here on earth.

I wonder how many jews prayed to their god right before they were shoved into ovens by a dictator who had the power to show them nikkas just who god really was. I wonder how many native americans thought if they did a certain dance or wore a certain feather that their ancestors would protect them from the white mans bullets or viruses. This is what I'm talking about, the superstitious magical nonsense needs to go when we're talking about making serious power moves. I will give jews credit though, after the holocaust, they was all about getting their shyt together in a secular sense.

Don't put your faith in god, put your faith in yourself. The cold hard truth is you are alone in this world and only you can bring yourself out of the abyss. Inside of you is the potential of god, it was man who introduce guns, automobles, modern medicine and the computer to the world.People talk about what if we lived godless society as if we don't all ready exist independetly of one , when was thel last time you seen a burning bush or a seraphim? God has no place in a wild world.

Kanye West & Jay Z (Ft. Frank Ocean) - No Church in the Wild - YouTube
:comeon:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Believers are more likely to sacrafice themselves for others compared to atheists. If you only believe in yourself, then obviously thats going to reflect in your actions, friend.

:why: :rudy: :mindblown:

nikka you have ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF to back dat bullshyt claim. Are you fukkin kiddin me? :laugh:

Humans have shown da capacity time n again to be able come together during natural disasters n other massive tragedies all around da world. Unless you have some sort of catalog of every single act of valor n good deed of every human being done throughout mankind's existence then please stfu wit dat noise breh.

Dis is exactly why I can't fukk wit you religious clowns.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

Student does not answer.

Student has no answer.

:pachaha:

This is an old chain letter. I know because the one I read had Albert Einstein as the student.

Letter is all good except for

a) the fact that science has understood and quantified electricity and magnetism

b) you can define cold as absence of heat, death as absence of life, and stupidity as absence of intelligence, but it doesn't change the fact that those are quantifiable states. And since God is omnipresent anyway, there is no where he isn't there. Not to mention God knew in advance Satan would do what he did, and that Adam would sin :manny:

c) evolutionary theory is thought as just that, theory. Any scientists who presents it differently is a quack (ad hominem) and very erroneous. I personally don't ascribe to it, but real scientists are not teaching the evolutionary process as fact, and am all for intelligent design. If the Creation story was presented the same way, I think a lot of people would have less problems with it.

d) If you cracked the professor's head open, you would see his brain.

On both sides (religion and science), there are quacks, there are geniuses, etc. On both sides, there are facts (moral, scientific), and there are theories. E.g.

Moral (religious) fact:
Thou shalt not steal.
^^^^This is part of creating a set of standards in society. Without it, you have security disorder, where everybody is watching their back, and transactions can't be conducted to fear of being robbed. I guess you could say it is an empirical fact

Scientific fact:
Current (electricity) is inversely proportional to resistance. This is due to empirical evidence that shows that with a constant voltage source, the electrical current through a system (measuring in amperes) increases as the resistance (measuring in ohms) is reduced.

Religious theory:
Hinduism: After a great flood, which occurs every four billion years and dissolves the earth, Vishnu transforms himself into a great turtle. On his back, he carries a vessel in which the gods and demons mix the elements necessary to re-create the globe. After a thousand years, when the earth has been reborn, the turtle remains in place, and on his back stands a large elephant, which support the planet. :heh: but :manny:, it's their theory

Scientific theory:
Special relativity: that all uniform motion is relative, and that there is no absolute and well-defined state of rest (no privileged reference frames)—from mechanics to all the laws of physics, including both the laws of mechanics and of electrodynamics, whatever they may be.[3] Special relativity incorporates the principle that the speed of light is the same for all inertial observers regardless of the state of motion of the source.[4] :ld: there are some holes, but it's presented as a theory.

^^^The main problem lies when you present theory as fact, and then that acceptance of that fact changes how you live, which is what happened to a lot of blacks, and minorities in general. God is great, many times the purveyors of his message are not, and behind their purveyance lies bad intentions, this is basically what we stand against