As an almost day 1 fan of the 'Souls-Like' genre, Bloodborne is objectively the WORST 'souls-like' game of them all despite being a great game...

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Told you mind your business fakkit.

This isn’t even an overly negative assessment of the game. I liked it a lot. It just fell short in some ways. Same as what OP is saying here.

Y’all problem is that any even mild criticism of a “sony exclusive” y’all feel you need to feverishly defend.

:ufdup:
I was wrong

:hubie:

I just think it's weird how you never miss a chance to call the game overrated when your own assessment gives it a ton of praise. You called it great, and gave it a 8.5, but you never have anything positive to say about it, it's strange.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I was wrong

:hubie:

I just think it's weird how you never miss a chance to call the game overrated when your own assessment gives it a ton of praise. You called it great, and gave it a 8.5, but you never have anything positive to say about it, it's strange.
Just as OP is saying in this thread it’s “overrated” by people who are not really Souls Fans.

Lots of sony fans like to say it was the best From software game or it was some masterpiece. It was not.

Just the technical issues alone made it lesser than the rest of the series, but all of you pretend that shyt don’t even exist.

That’s why i call it overrated on here, cause you stans like to try to prop it above the other souls games, even seen one of you say it was better than Elden Ring:stopitslime:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So why y’all in here pretending i’m saying something crazy by saying the game wasn’t very popular amongst PS3 users at the time :stopitslime:

I actually wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you on that. It's 100% a cult classic, but was definitely the foundation that led to Dark Souls as it was successful enough.

I bought my PS3 copy second hand from a dude on Craigslist because he said it was too hard. Was a niche game that garnered enough of a following and sales to lead to Dark Souls.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
he said his son broke his OG disc, he said he owned the original. Sir :dwillhuh:
If you like a game you will finish it.

Ask him what he would have done if his son broke his uncharted or tlou disc :mjpls:

And again, why are you doing this.

It’s facts the game didn’t sell nearly as well as any other PS3 exclusive.:comeon:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Never said people didn’t like the game.

I said it wasn’t a huge success at launch and the people here arguing with me didn’t even play it.

All y’all talked PS3 era was uncharted, Gow, Infamous, Killzone, etc.

I really loved Heavy Rain and Demons souls, and it was clearly evident to me how much the other games were praised and talked about more than the games i liked. And that’s also reflected in the sales of the games.

None of this is made up. Y’all just like to argue what i’m saying for whatever reason.:smh:
You said it flopped because people thought it was weird and too hard. That's a lie, most people didn't even play the game to have that opinion.

I don't know who "yall" is, but I bought all the souls games at release and called them the best games from that generation. Not everyone was playing these games from the beginning, but you act like there was some narrative that people played them and hated them until bloodborne released, and the only reason people like that game is because it's a playstation exclusive.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think we were both wrong @MeachTheMonster

Atlus themselves didn't ship enough copies as they even thought that it wouldn't be a huge seller. It ended up being WAY more successful than I even thought. :ohhh: The word of mouth was very strong on this shyt. Ended up selling more than million copies. :mindblown:
They only predicted the shyt to sell 75K????? :dead:

"During its first week on sale, Demon's Souls debuted at second place in the charts with over 39,000 units sold, coming in behind the previous week's top-seller Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2. The game sold through 95% of its shipment during its debut, selling out in several stores.[63][64] According to Miyazaki, initial sales for Demon's Souls were slow in Japan, which combined with negative reactions from trade shows made the team fearful that the game would be a failure. However, positive word of mouth eventually allowed the game to sell over 100,000 copies, which the team considered a success.[1] It sold 134,585 copies in Japan by December 2009.[65]

Atlus had estimated the game's sales at 75,000 units,[66] only preparing initial shipments of 15,000 units before positive word of mouth and critical acclaim caused sales to take off.[28] In North America, the game was the eleventh best-selling title during its month of release, posting sales of 150,000 units.[67] By March 2010, the game had sold 250,000 copies in North America.[28] According to Atlus, the game sold triple their original estimates by April 2010.[66] During their fiscal year report, Atlus' parent company Index Corporation reported profits of over $3 million. This was almost entirely attributed to the commercial success of Demon's Souls.[68] In September 2010, Atlus announced that Demon's Souls would be released in North America under the Sony Greatest Hits label with a price cut following strong sales, higher than previously expected by the publisher. Its status indicated regional sales of over 500,000 units.[69]

In the United Kingdom, the game's special edition sold out very fast apart from "dribs and drabs". This was classed as a success by Namco Bandai Partners, particularly due to the long delay between the North American and European releases. While units sold did not reach hundreds of thousands at the time, Namco Bandai were confident in the game's future commercial success.[70] Demon's Souls favorable review scores made the fiscal performance of the game unique because of the lack of a supporting marketing campaign. Gaming analyst Jesse Divnich commented "Demon's Souls is probably one of the most statistically relevant games released in the gaming world as it helps answer an often asked question: how much would a high quality game sell if it was supported by no mass marketing, released by a little known publisher, and was a new intellectual property."[71] As of 2011, the game has sold over one million copies worldwide.[21]"

I stand corrected. :leon:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
You said it flopped because people thought it was weird and too hard. That's a lie, most people didn't even play the game to have that opinion.

I don't know who "yall" is, but I bought all the souls games at release and called them the best games from that generation. Not everyone was playing these games from the beginning, but you act like there was some narrative that people played them and hated them until bloodborne released, and the only reason people like that game is because it's a playstation exclusive.

yeah it was the definition of a cult classic it was initally for if you know you know ass nikkas.

I wouldn't call it a flop, and people were hyping souls games since they dropped

none of them shyts scored below like a 85-90 on metacritic.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Ask him what he would have done if his son broke his uncharted or tlou disc :mjpls:

It’s facts the game didn’t sell nearly as well as any other PS3 exclusive.:comeon:

Not entirely true. I really really like the new horizon but unfort it came out when ER did and its been on the back burner since. I'll definitely finish it but its such a big ass game I feel I'mma have to restart it to get the best experience.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Follow your logic breh, it couldn’t flop if lots of people bought :mindblown:

It only sold as much as it did due to critical praise and word of mouth, then when lots of people got their hands on it they said it was too hard and weird, kinda the same as Elden Ring recently. Just on a much smaller scale.
I never said people hated the games.

Please respond to what i actually said and not what you made up.

I said the series wasn’t very popular amongst the people ON THIS FORUM until bloodborne.

Bloodborne was lots of people here’s first Souls game, go look at the thread.

The hype of it being the first really well praised PS3 exclusive led to lots of people playing it then claiming how great it was despite its shortcomings compared to other From titles.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

I lost my PS3 Last Of Us Disc.

Bought the Remaster and beat that one.

(Found the disc at mother in law's house Christmas 2021).

Only 5 minutes in to TLOU2. Trying to hold out for the PS5 upgrade before I really start.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Told you mind your business fakkit.

This isn’t even an overly negative assessment of the game. I liked it a lot. It just fell short in some ways. Same as what OP is saying here.

Y’all problem is that any even mild criticism of a “sony exclusive” y’all feel you need to feverishly defend.

:ufdup:
It's actually a really fair assessment of Bloodborne. Lol

I can always tell who started playing FromSoft games at Bloodborne and who started with Souls by how hard they defend against the criticisms of Bloodborne.

You're a fukking liar if you can't tell me after playing Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1, and Dark Souls 2 playing Bloodborne didn't feel a bit... off. It's because past the surface level shyt, their actual gameplay, the X's and O's to the game, are completely different. It's like nikkas keep ignoring what is being said and has been said repeatedly; Souls games were still RPGs at their core, Bloodborne was more of an action game at it's core. Which is why I said Bloodborne is a good game on it's own, but it is not a good Souls game(too many people tried to lump Bloodborne in with the Souls games for years and it made me sick to my stomach when they did that) by any stretch of the imagination.