As an almost day 1 fan of the 'Souls-Like' genre, Bloodborne is objectively the WORST 'souls-like' game of them all despite being a great game...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think we were both wrong @MeachTheMonster

Atlus themselves didn't ship enough copies as they even thought that it wouldn't be a huge seller. It ended up being WAY more successful than I even thought. :ohhh: The word of mouth was very strong on this shyt. Ended up selling more than million copies. :mindblown:
They only predicted the shyt to sell 75K????? :dead:

"During its first week on sale, Demon's Souls debuted at second place in the charts with over 39,000 units sold, coming in behind the previous week's top-seller Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2. The game sold through 95% of its shipment during its debut, selling out in several stores.[63][64] According to Miyazaki, initial sales for Demon's Souls were slow in Japan, which combined with negative reactions from trade shows made the team fearful that the game would be a failure. However, positive word of mouth eventually allowed the game to sell over 100,000 copies, which the team considered a success.[1] It sold 134,585 copies in Japan by December 2009.[65]

Atlus had estimated the game's sales at 75,000 units,[66] only preparing initial shipments of 15,000 units before positive word of mouth and critical acclaim caused sales to take off.[28] In North America, the game was the eleventh best-selling title during its month of release, posting sales of 150,000 units.[67] By March 2010, the game had sold 250,000 copies in North America.[28] According to Atlus, the game sold triple their original estimates by April 2010.[66] During their fiscal year report, Atlus' parent company Index Corporation reported profits of over $3 million. This was almost entirely attributed to the commercial success of Demon's Souls.[68] In September 2010, Atlus announced that Demon's Souls would be released in North America under the Sony Greatest Hits label with a price cut following strong sales, higher than previously expected by the publisher. Its status indicated regional sales of over 500,000 units.[69]

In the United Kingdom, the game's special edition sold out very fast apart from "dribs and drabs". This was classed as a success by Namco Bandai Partners, particularly due to the long delay between the North American and European releases. While units sold did not reach hundreds of thousands at the time, Namco Bandai were confident in the game's future commercial success.[70] Demon's Souls favorable review scores made the fiscal performance of the game unique because of the lack of a supporting marketing campaign. Gaming analyst Jesse Divnich commented "Demon's Souls is probably one of the most statistically relevant games released in the gaming world as it helps answer an often asked question: how much would a high quality game sell if it was supported by no mass marketing, released by a little known publisher, and was a new intellectual property."[71] As of 2011, the game has sold over one million copies worldwide.[21]"

I stand corrected. :leon:
That’s just japan.

They shipped enough after that and did a price cut and re-release as a “playstation classic” or whatever and it slowly marched to 1 million over time.

Compare that to Uncharted, GOW, etc that Sold at least 3 million easily.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Just as OP is saying in this thread it’s “overrated” by people who are not really Souls Fans.

Lots of sony fans like to say it was the best From software game or it was some masterpiece. It was not.
I don't know why preferring bloodborne means you're not really a souls fan. I personally think Dark souls 3 was the best before elden ring, but I wouldn't knock anyone who liked bloodborne more.
Just the technical issues alone made it lesser than the rest of the series, but all of you pretend that shyt don’t even exist.
I don't even know what this means, the series always had technical issues. Demon Souls had frame drops into the single digits. Blighttown was damn near unplayable in dark souls. The hit detection in dark souls 2 was broken. What technical issues did bloodborne have that makes it lesser than the rest of the series?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
yeah it was the definition of a cult classic it was initally for if you know you know ass nikkas.

I wouldn't call it a flop, and people were hyping souls games since they dropped

none of them shyts scored below like a 85-90 on metacritic.
It was really a word of mouth game. People got into the series hearing other people talking about it. There was never some mass media campaign hyping them up.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't know why preferring bloodborne means you're not really a souls fan. I personally think Dark souls 3 was the best before elden ring, but I wouldn't knock anyone who liked bloodborne more.
It was spelled out in the OP, then in my post.

I don't even know what this means, the series always had technical issues. Demon Souls had frame drops into the single digits. Blighttown was damn near unplayable in dark souls. The hit detection in dark souls 2 was broken. What technical issues did bloodborne have that makes it lesser than the rest of the series?
Objectively it’s the worst performing From game. It wasn’t just framerate drops. The frame pacing was broken so the game CONSTANTLY stuttered even in the rare occurrence that it held 30fps. It still stutters on PS5 :scust:

Frame rate was fukked, Loading times fukked, Lots of bugs and crashing. Game breaking shyt

Even if you liked the gameplay more(which doesn’t even make sense as it’s the same as a dex build in souls) The technical shyt should make it impossible to be the “best souls game”

Especially considering at this time DS1 and 2 were in PC at a smooth 60+fps. With none of the other technical shyt.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Me first souls game was sekiro, then I played Demon souls on PS5 and then played DS3

I’ve always tried to go back to bloodbourne butnjust can’t get into it personally … the graphics are horrendous (I know they werent at the time) and I don’t care for the setting

Meh

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Objectively it’s the worst performing From game. It wasn’t just framerate drops. The frame pacing was broken so the game CONSTANTLY stuttered even in the rare occurrence that it held 30fps. It still stutters on PS5 :scust:

Frame rate was fukked, Loading times fukked, Lots of bugs and crashing. Game breaking shyt

Even if you liked the gameplay more(which doesn’t even make sense as it’s the same as a dex build in souls) The technical shyt should make it impossible to be the “best souls game”

Especially considering at this time DS1 and 2 were in PC at a smooth 60+fps. With none of the other technical shyt.

Stop the cap goddamn :dahell:

I recall vividly how much of a shytshow blightown was on the og ds1. nothing in BB is that egregious, nothing.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Follow your logic breh, it couldn’t flop if lots of people bought :mindblown:

It only sold as much as it did due to critical praise and word of mouth, then when lots of people got their hands on it they said it was too hard and weird, kinda the same as Elden Ring recently. Just on a much smaller scale.
I never said the game sold a lot, it took a long time for dark souls and demons souls to sell.

The fanbase only got bigger with each game. People didn't just jump on board with bloodborne

never said people hated the games.

Please respond to what i actually said and not what you made up.

I said the series wasn’t very popular amongst the people ON THIS FORUM until bloodborne.

Bloodborne was lots of people here’s first Souls game, go look at the thread.
Bloodborne didn't even sale a massive amount of copies, Dark souls 1 sold more. Most of the people who bought and praised bloodborne were already fans of dark souls. This forum didn't even exist when demons souls and dark souls 1 released, and by the time dark souls 2 released there were already alot of people here that were fans of the game.

This argument makes no sense.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I recall vividly how much of a shytshow blightown was on the og ds1. nothing in BB is that egregious, nothing.

Reality ain’t real to some of y’all.

It was not just one area. It was the entire fukkin game. It ran like shyt :comeon:

Blighttown was subsequently fixed. Bloodborne is still fukked on PS5

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

You are literally lying breh. I would post videos about the performance of the souls games before bloodborne but I forgot who I'm arguing with.

:snoop:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Nah bro he's right. Miyazaki has even said Bloodborne can't get a remaster because of how janky it is overall. There is no single area as bad as Blighttown no, but how the graphics were optimised they are unsynchronized which is why the frame rate is all o er the place. They would have to completely remake the game and with Elden Ring being such a huge success at this point why bother.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Reality ain’t real to some of y’all.

It was not just one area. It was the entire fukkin game. It ran like shyt :comeon:

Blighttown was subsequently fixed. Bloodborne is still fukked on PS5

I've played through BB like 8 times breh. no lie I have never noticed this shyt at all to the point where its a problem.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Didn't read. All I have to say is that copy and paste, garbage boss design ER is below BB