As a Nintenbreh, in 2023 it is time for a new console

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The Switch is a poorly built console. I don't even play it that heavily and these days it sounds very loud when playing it. I will most likely buy a switch 2, but they really need to make it as strong or stronger than a steam deck. I think I am tired of their underpowered consoles, but they usually have a banger or 2 that sell me on their consoles.

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
The switch is doing just fine.

Digital 4k scaling 1080p nerds mad it's still doing numbers

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
finished bowsers fury last week, Nintendo set the right analog stick to the slowest turn speed so the game didn’t become a blurry mess while moving.

Going to try to play through three house next but from what I played some of the character models are PS2 status.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
  • Kirby - i find kirby games a bit too simplistic and easy, feels like its for babies
you aren't wrong...kirby's always been aimed moreso at kids...you can unlock hard mode or challenges and shyt in most of them, but they've generally been more of intro games for kids to get into platformers and shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
you aren't wrong...kirby's always been aimed moreso at kids...you can unlock hard mode or challenges and shyt in most of them, but they've generally been more of intro games for kids to get into platformers and shyt

Yeah, i played the demo and i like the mechanics and idea but it’s almost brain dead easy, a lot like Yoshi games

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I’m not gonna shyt on nintendo games I understand why people like them but I think at the end of the day they just don’t really appeal to me anymore. Theres a good reason the only thing I bought on Nintendo this year was Triangle Strategy, Xeno, and a few indies. I’m looking through all the games nintendo dropped and im just like….eh, feel like its been this way for years.

• Pokemon Arceus - ugly, empty, felt bad to play
  • Kirby - i find kirby games a bit too simplistic and easy, feels like its for babies
  • Nintendo sports - don’t care for wii sports 3, it was a neat gimmick when it came out originally 15 years ago
  • Mario strikers - another half assed mario sports title
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - it was cool but ultimately felt too long for me to finish
  • Bayonettta 3 - just not for me, especially on the hardware
  • Splatoon 3 - don’t care for online shooters even dressed up as quirky nintendo games with a worse online system
  • Pokemon V/S - not being pulled into another thrown together pokemon game, too many burns

Ima put it like this. The only good Nintendo game that came out this year was a remake to a 1994 Japanese game and I hated that damn game.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
After FE, Pikmin and Zelda Nintendo first party gonna be entering a drought. Def thinking successor drops somewhere between Nov '23 -> Mar '24 range. Given what was said in this video.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
After FE, Pikmin and Zelda Nintendo first party gonna be entering a drought. Def thinking successor drops somewhere between Nov '23 -> Mar '24 range. Given what was said in this video.

A new Nintendo hardware always drop 12 months or sooner after a late-gen Zelda game drops.

Oct 2000: Majora's Mask drops on the N64 and the GameCube drops October 2001

Nov 2006: Twilight Princess drops on the GC, and also the launch of the Wii

Nov 2011: Skyward Sword drops on the Wii and the Wii U drops less than 12 months later

March 2017: BotW drops on Wii U and a launch title of The Switch

May 2023: Tears of the Kingdom drops on The Switch and the successor of Nintendo hardware will drop in 2024

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Nintendos game announcements usually come the same year they launch. They could have a treehouse/e3/direct/club thing and announce like 5 games for fall

But with zelda out they have no more big hitters lined up which i assume they will need to save for the console launch. Cant see them releasing the next 3d Mario or Mario Kart on this current switch