As a Nintenbreh, in 2023 it is time for a new console

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
The way Nintendo gets a pass for their bullshyt is pathetic

They have the kid market on lock. My son doesn't know anything about frame rates and 4k. He wants Kirby, Mario and likes to collect animals :yeshrug:

Once he ages out of it there will be a new generation.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
No, but stop half stepping and bullshyttin
I mean Nintendo can't compete with Sony if we talking in terms of power if we are being frank. Sony beat them with PS1 + PS2. So they realized that they gotta pick a different lane. Wii and Switch doing big numbers because how different it is from the other competitors. Tho the Wii was much more artifical success looking at how the Wii U. I do think the Switch Successor will do good.

Now this isn't to excuse Nintendo they absolutely needed a real mid-gen upgrade. I think most people would be happy if every game on their run at 1080P 60 FPS. That is a big upgrade to what they have now. Granted I don't know if they are eyeing specific specs for both the tv and handheld portion of their system.

My biggest fear with Nintendo is backwards compatibility. Nintendo rarely includes that in their non-handhelds. That would be scummy if the new system isn't backwards compatible with the current switch.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I mean Nintendo can't compete with Sony if we talking in terms of power if we are being frank. Sony beat them with PS1 + PS2. So they realized that they gotta pick a different lane. Wii and Switch doing big numbers because how different it is from the other competitors. Tho the Wii was much more artifical success looking at how the Wii U. I do think the Switch Successor will do good.

Now this isn't to excuse Nintendo they absolutely needed a real mid-gen upgrade. I think most people would be happy if every game on their run at 1080P 60 FPS. That is a big upgrade to what they have now. Granted I don't know if they are eyeing specific specs for both the tv and handheld portion of their system.

My biggest fear with Nintendo is backwards compatibility. Nintendo rarely includes that in their non-handhelds. That would be scummy if the new system isn't backwards compatible with the current switch.
It's not system power fam.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean when they tried to do the quality console run, folks slept hard on it (N64 and GameCube). When they just do the gimmick shyt with no thought to the quality, it sells like fresh coochie on a Saturday night.

:francis: Gamers did this shyt to themselves.

Eh, the majority of Nintendo’s fanbase is happy with it being a glorified Nintendo 4DS

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I mean when they tried to do the quality console run, folks slept hard on it (N64 and GameCube). When they just do the gimmick shyt with no thought to the quality, it sells like fresh coochie on a Saturday night.

:francis: Gamers did this shyt to themselves.
i'll give you gamecube but N64 was pretty shytty library wise overall.

what are they sleeping on? Quest 64?

and the main reason the switch selling like it is cause it's half a handheld....nintendo ruling the handheld market since 89

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I disliked the switch so much I sold mine and it wasn't because I needed the bread just the sight of it disgusted me :scust: tried to play xeno remastered on it portable and it looked like a fukking early ps2 game. couldn't do it.

The steam deck is such a superior product its crazy and steam has actual sales regularly.

Even beyond the hardware nintendo games just don't hit like they used to. Id take any of the FE games on the GBA over that garbage ass persona wannabe three houses.