As a Nintenbreh, in 2023 it is time for a new console

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Feels like a Tiger Handheld compared to current gen consoles.

Games don’t gotta look state of the art but they should be able to perform up to par for the compromise of other modern graphical features.I don’t expect a game like Metroid Dread to have long ass loading screens and entire rooms where the framerate drops into the low teens

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's about that time, the frame rates and resolution are really getting to the point where it's going to hurt all games going forward.

Late 2023 into early 2024 I expect some kind of new Nintendo hardware

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I don't care about graphics if the game is good but a struggle 30 fps is not it

Its not even the 30fps that's the issue. I played numerous games on the Steam Deck and the 30fps hits different when done right with the graphics. A game console way past the PS3/360 can't run games like Alan Wake and Ass Creed 2 without dips and shyt is simply fukking embarrassing.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Feels like a Tiger Handheld compared to current gen consoles.

Games don’t gotta look state of the art but they should be able to perform up to par for the compromise of other modern graphical features.I don’t expect a game like Metroid Dread to have long ass loading screens and entire rooms where the framerate drops into the low teens

Breh I bought Dreamlight Valley for the Switch thinking that shyt was going to run decent, and omfg it was complete pain. Hell, I was playing Cat Quest 2 and see framedips and stuttering during the fight scenes and it made me want to puke :why: . Cat Quest...a mobile game can't even give a full good performance on the fukking Switch.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh I bought Dreamlight Valley for the Switch thinking that shyt was going to run decent, and omfg it was complete pain. Hell, I was playing Cat Quest 2 and see framedips and stuttering during the fight scenes and it made me want to puke :why: . Cat Quest...a mobile game can't even give a full good performance on the fukking Switch.

Thats why i barely turn it on anymore. I used to like it for indie games and even now it’s starting to feel like it doesn’t even run a lot of those properly

I’m just too lazy to sell it at this point, if i could get 200 for it and the 30 or so games i have on my Nintendo account i would be done with it

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I’ll never buy a multiplat on switch ever again. I’ve gotten burnt way too many times…I bought BloodStained on it not too long ago and that shyt looked absolutely horrible..for a 2d game at that.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Its not even the 30fps that's the issue. I played numerous games on the Steam Deck and the 30fps hits different when done right with the graphics. A game console way past the PS3/360 can't run games like Alan Wake and Ass Creed 2 without dips and shyt is simply fukking embarrassing.
Yea like I said struggle 30 fps..they can barely do steady 30 nevermind up to date graphics lol

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
You can play better looking, faster running games on the Cloud. Matter fact Switch is even the worst cloud port machine out there.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yes, it is time. I can't see how someone will still be content with this outdated tech in 2024 even though it's portable. Games like Bayonetta 3 and Pokemon Violet/Scarlett are literally impacted by the hardware. I hope they announce something in 2023 or even release it if possible. Games running like shyt at abysmal resolutions isn't something to ignore because "tHe gAEMplAy" is what you supposedly only care about.

Bayo 3 yes.

But na Violet and Scarlett don't look as good as Xenoblade 3. Those games issues isn't only because of the hardware but also GameFreak.

I feel like early 2024 is when a new system for them. Given the switch's hybrid nature I am intrigued how they go about it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't care about graphics if the game is good but a struggle 30 fps is not it
I'm right there with you, but the switch is getting dangerously close to running into problems with anything that's not specifically built for it in mind.

Also some games just could look and run so much better with stronger hardware.

Nothing crazy either