As a Nintenbreh, in 2023 it is time for a new console

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I'm guessing a console reveal is going to happen either March or April 2023 with a fall release date. BoTW 2 being released on the Switch and new console simultaneously like BoTW was before it

Maybe even around the Mario movie release to keep the stocks pumping

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
With the way things are going, Nintendo’s next console won’t even be able to outperform the original Xbox One.
:mjlol:

It’s already capable of playing PS4 & XB1 games looking at ports of Witcher 3 and the two doom games. (Obviously not the preferred way to play it.) the switch is underpowered and outdated but the new one ain’t gonna be an equivalent to the current one. Nintendo is stupid at times but they know where the money lies.

I imagine it would be slightly worse than a PS4 Pro. Iirc a new Tegra chip will be a real nice boost. But obviously it still will mostly stay a first party and turn based Jrpg machine.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I'm guessing a console reveal is going to happen either March or April 2023 with a fall release date. BoTW 2 being released on the Switch and new console simultaneously like BoTW was before it

Maybe even around the Mario movie release to keep the stocks pumping

Check the #pattern

Nintendo always drop a Zelda game only at launch, or 12 months before launching a new hardware console. By Spring 2024, you get the Switch 2 (or called Super Nintendo Switch).

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

It’s already capable of playing PS4 & XB1 games looking at ports of Witcher 3 and the two doom games. (Obviously not the preferred way to play it.) the switch is underpowered and outdated but the new one ain’t gonna be an equivalent to the current one. Nintendo is stupid at times but they know where the money lies.

I imagine it would be slightly worse than a PS4 Pro. Iirc a new Tegra chip will be a real nice boost. But obviously it still will mostly stay a first party and turn based Jrpg machine.

Not sure if I can agree breh. Multi platform games on the Switch now are pretty bad when compared to the Xbox One games now, mostly because of the nature of the Switch also being a handheld.

If their next console also has to function as a mobile device, I definitely don’t see them having specs to rival a PS4 Pro, especially having a processor capable of running 4K. Thinking of their history beginning with the Wii, their tech seems to be 1-2 gens behind when it comes to overall performance.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Nintendo sticks with Nvidia, I actually think their next console will blow people away thanks to DLSS 3.0. If Nvidia is working on a custom chip for Nintendo, they could achieve 4k60 or 1440p120 with only the rendering power needed for 720p.

This is dlss 2.0 720p to 4k

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Not sure if I can agree breh. Multi platform games on the Switch now are pretty bad when compared to the Xbox One games now, mostly because of the nature of the Switch also being a handheld.

If their next console also has to function as a mobile device, I definitely don’t see them having specs to rival a PS4 Pro, especially having a processor capable of running 4K. Thinking of their history beginning with the Wii, their tech seems to be 1-2 gens behind when it comes to overall performance.

Its cause Nintendo dont want their consoles to cost $600 at launch. These high end technology costs $$$ as well as putting a dent in developers pockets.

I do think that the next Switch will be legit a graphical powerhouse.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
xenoblade 3 crashed on me yesterday.
:russ: End of 2033? Nintendo is milking that hardware for all it’s worth
i mean their 1st party is crazy. they got all the time in the world

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'm right there with you, but the switch is getting dangerously close to running into problems with anything that's not specifically built for it in mind.

Also some games just could look and run so much better with stronger hardware.

Nothing crazy either
It's been at that point for awhile now. Most 3rd party games have been running like trash and even Nintendo exclusives are starting to suffer.