As a nation, Jamaica is the most influential music nation outside of the USA

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Jamaica's influence is the most impressive based on the fact that they never really had the first world priviledge & a huge machine behind them unlike the americans.
Precisely.

Putting the UK above them when they basically jacked everything the US and Jamaica were doing...and I mean EVERYTHING is just outright insulting.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
you know what I was gonna say britain too but i didnt even think about the fact that jamaica not only influence hip hop in the beginning but the whole reggaeton movement as well so dancehall really birthed 2 of the highest selling urban genres in the last 30 years.... salute them yardies :salute:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Knowing Jamaicans as I do, I can tell you that is the only thing Jamaica has. The only thing whatsoever.

CanaryWarf

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Da endz init
England, in particular London is very very influential. But they are inflenced by West Indian culture.

Everybody get's it's influence from somewhere.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
you know what I was gonna say britain too but i didnt even think about the fact that jamaica not only influence hip hop in the beginning but the whole reggaeton movement as well so dancehall really birthed 2 of the highest selling urban genres in the last 30 years.... salute them yardies :salute:

Precisely.

We ain't even touch reggaeton and soca and basically every thing in latin america that tried to copy what Jamaica had going.

CanaryWarf

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Da endz init
with a name like "Canary Wharf" I don't really expect you to be...impartial :beli:

Why? I didn't say anything biased?

America is very good at taking something, making it their own and perfecting it. London is a much more creative and eclectic place for music.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Why? I didn't say anything biased?

America is very good at taking something, making it their own and perfecting it. London is a much more creative and eclectic place for music.
OK

This is just false.

London is isolated, so thats where that PERCIEVED uniqueness comes from.

Without the USA, London is lost out here.

All of your biggest singers are basically repackaged soul artists that belong in the 60s and ya'll are trying to steal our house music and alt scene as well.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Jamaicans helped emphasize bass, which is everywhere nowadays.

This is off-topic, but does anyone know where I can find some soundclashes? Been wanting to check some of them out for a long time now....
Maybe Youtube?

But bass is something ya'll gotta remember. Spanish music didn't even include drums until black people started incorporating it into the music like that...and not just drums...BASS.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
OK

This is just false.

All of your biggest singers are basically repackaged soul artists that belong in the 60s and ya'll are trying to steal our house music and alt scene as well.

London gets everything last even in this day and age

CanaryWarf

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Da endz init
OK

This is just false.

:wow:

I know it's a streotypical viewpoint to say all Americans are wrapped up in their own buble of self importance but there may be some truth in it tbh.