As a nation, Jamaica is the most influential music nation outside of the USA

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Maybe Youtube?

But bass is something ya'll gotta remember. Spanish music didn't even include drums until black people started incorporating it into the music like that...and not just drums...BASS.

uhhh wait a minute are u saying Spanish music like salsa and shyt didnt incorporate drums? or you mean reggaeton? Cuz west indian latino music (cuban/dominican/rican) has always had drums and bass and real african influence since like 200 years ago breh but like actual Spanish music from Spain like rumba uses drums too

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:wow:

I know it's a streotypical viewpoint to say all Americans are wrapped up in their own buble of self importance but there may be some truth in it tbh.
Dawg.

WTF are you talking about at this point?

What you're saying just IS NOT true.

Ya'll have certain scenes that are bigger than in the US, namely electronic music...but who started that shyt?

USA

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
uhhh wait a minute are u saying Spanish music like salsa and shyt didnt incorporate drums? or you mean reggaeton? Cuz west indian latino music (cuban/dominican/rican) has always had drums and bass and real african influence since like 200 years ago breh but like actual Spanish music from Spain like rumba uses drums too
They didn't

That shyt was largely guitar and higher frequency sounding stuff.

That HEAVY bass is all Caribbean/black america.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps

Not sure if serious

Reggaeton came from Reggae... It's just Reggae in spanish

I don't even think they use drums in Salsa today..

Most music you hear today was influenced by Reggae

Last edited:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
England, in particular London is very very influential. But they are inflenced by West Indian culture.

Everybody get's it's influence from somewhere.

What has England ever produced in terms of music? The Beatles? Dubstep?

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
The op is right. Reggae is world music, they love Bob and the roots reggae artist like they was born there. That tiny island has produced more superstars per capita than america actually.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you know what I was gonna say britain too but i didnt even think about the fact that jamaica not only influence hip hop in the beginning but the whole reggaeton movement as well so dancehall really birthed 2 of the highest selling urban genres in the last 30 years.... salute them yardies :salute:

@IllmaticDelta Broke down the history of the beginnings of hip hop and tthat's not true, it was disco that had a major influence on hip hop in the beginning. Plus other things in black american culture that was happening before disco.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe Youtube?

But bass is something ya'll gotta remember. Spanish music didn't even include drums until black people started incorporating it into the music like that...and not just drums...BASS.
It might not have drums but that shyt is bass heavy. I love the low frequency that is in salsa or merengue.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not sure if serious

Reggaeton came from Reggae... It's just Reggae in spanish

I don't even think they use drums in Salsa today..

Most music you hear today was influenced by Reggae

Nah, most music of today was influenced by James brown or disco. James brown changed the syncopation of music with the way he produced records and had the drums being played(funky drumming) and disco did the same thing with the four on the floor drumming technique.

Last edited: