As a DC stan it hurts watching the MCU run laps around the DCEU

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
No mention of this?

maxresdefault.jpg

it's a good show.

DC does TV exceedingly well too.. WATCHMEN for example one of the best series of the last 5 years. :wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yes and no. The infinity Saga was great... some mid in there but overall most of it was great. The new saga whatever they calln has been off to a bad start.

i'd rather watch good movies than bad movies. 'The Batman' was good and MoM and new Thor were bad

Obviously everyone would rather watch good movies than bad movies but most people never wanted standalone movies.

It goes against the source material. Comics are meant to be connected and tell long, overarching stories.

People keep saying this new saga is off to a bad start as if the early MCU didn't have it's shares of duds.

Then "Infinity War" and "Endgame" gave everyone amnesia.

I 100% guarantee the same thing will happen with "Secret Wars" and "The Kang Dynasty". Nobody is gonna give a fukk if "Eternals" or the last Thor movie was mid when Kang is whupping everyone's ass. Let alone if/when they introduce Doom....I mean, a real Doom....in F4.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So you're comparing something that doesn't exist? They stopped the connected universe a long time ago breh..

No, the OP said he's disappointed the DCEU didn't pan out, and as a DC fan it's sad that they couldn't get an EU off the ground like Marvel. Which is especially bizarre given how much more popular DC's characters are vs most of the MCU.

That is a whole conversation in and of itself.

People completely ignored that, and came in here talking about how much they like "Joker" and "The Batman"....which has nothing to do with anything.

Fred.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously everyone would rather watch good movies than bad movies but most people never wanted standalone movies.

It goes against the source material. Comics are meant to be connected and tell long, overarching stories.

People keep saying this new saga is off to a bad start as if the early MCU didn't have it's shares of duds.

Then "Infinity War" and "Endgame" gave everyone amnesia.

I 100% guarantee the same thing will happen with "Secret Wars" and "The Kang Dynasty". Nobody is gonna give a fukk if "Eternals" or the last Thor movie was mid when Kang is whupping everyone's ass. Let alone if/when they introduce Doom....I mean, a real Doom....in F4.

Fred.
Maybe if your a comic book nerd. Most people just want to see good films and careless about the "universe". Give me 10 "jokers" and "the batman" over 7 mediocre films leading to a "pay off"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Maybe if your a comic book nerd. Most people just want to see good films and careless about the "universe". Give me 10 "jokers" and "the batman" over 7 mediocre films leading to a "pay off"

Lmao... no lies told there...

I haven't read a comic in over 30 years, that's completely irrelevant.

The source material is interconnected, that has nothing to do with what you or I prefer.

I could maybe understand this logic if DC was intent from day 1 doing standalone movies....but DC tried to make it interconnected, and failed.

Retroactively saying "well....who cares?!" is silly. DC obviously cared, otherwise they wouldn't have tried.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
otherwise they wouldn't have tried.

Fred.

So you're just here to argue about something that happened 5+ years ago than discuss what they are currently doing? The execs aren't the same.. there's been a merger... but yes lets discuss the old regime...uh why? :jbhmm:

and if you say "that's what the thread is about" ... not really because the thread implies that it still exists so clearly the OP meant DC comics as a whole

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So you're just here to argue about something that happened 5+ years ago than discuss what they are currently doing? The execs aren't the same.. there's been a merger... but yes lets discuss the old regime...uh why? :jbhmm:

A better question is why are you so upset about it?

Buddy made a thread lamenting the fact that DC couldn't get an EU off the ground. Objectively speaking, it is sad. I already explained why. DC's characters are (or were) infinitely more popular than 99.99% of the MCU.

Anyway, that's the topic. Not all this other shyt.

If "let's examine why Marvel went bankrupt in 1996" was a thread....and people responded with :damn: "but let's discuss what Marvel is doing now!"....go make that thread and watch me tell people the same thing. :yeshrug:

DC, Marvel, whatever....coming into a thread with 133 replies and trying to change what the thread is actually about is crazy to me. You could just....I dunno, not come in the thread?

Fred.