As a DC stan it hurts watching the MCU run laps around the DCEU

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Can't say I agree with this, "Falcon & The Winter Soldier" introduced the new MCU Cap, "Wandavision" tied directly into "The Multiverse Of Madness" and Kang, who was introduced in "Loki", is the villain for the entirety of Phase 6.

Was talking specifically the Netflix joints. The D+ shows absolutely are heavy MCU, but I meant the Netflix joints that could have easily been standalone (pretty much were).

Since there's still a lowkey DCEU with Aquaman, WW, and Shazam all in the same universe, they can still pull of a Crisis down the line. Just don't try and jump right into the shyt again like they did trying to follow what Marvel did. Suits always fukkin shyt up.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think I prefer the DC route where most films are it's own thing and not connected to a universe. I feel replay value wise some of these MCU films didn't age that well due to being connected to a universe. Anyways, DC can easily recover by doing it's own thing and just release quality films. Only downside with DC route it's going to be tougher to make justice league films, but they can still leverage something like Teen Titans, which could be cool

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Was talking specifically the Netflix joints. The D+ shows absolutely are heavy MCU, but I meant the Netflix joints that could have easily been standalone (pretty much were).

Since there's still a lowkey DCEU with Aquaman, WW, and Shazam all in the same universe, they can still pull of a Crisis down the line. Just don't try and jump right into the shyt again like they did trying to follow what Marvel did. Suits always fukkin shyt up.

I completely misread what you said :snoop:

As far as Netflix, Marvel doesn't have much incentive to do standalone content.

The main reason the Netflix stuff had very few MCU references is because Bob Iger split the TV/movie parts of Marvel and Ike Perlmutter (who was overseeing the TV studios) and Kevin Feige (Marvel movies) didn't like each other.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm sure DC fans would much rather be seeing....I dunno, "Crisis On Infinite Earths" play out on the big screen instead of one off Batman or Joker or Aquaman movies

Yes and no. The infinity Saga was great... some mid in there but overall most of it was great. The new saga whatever they calln has been off to a bad start.

i'd rather watch good movies than bad movies. 'The Batman' was good and MoM and new Thor were bad

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Thread legit has me confused as the title is referencing how disappointing the DCEU is, compared to the MCU....and people countered by mentioning "The Batman" and "Joker', .neither of which are in the DCEU. :dahell:

Fred.
Ironic for people who aren’t “stans” wouldn’t you say?

:russ:

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
No mention of this?

maxresdefault.jpg