As a DC stan it hurts watching the MCU run laps around the DCEU

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Someone made this long ass meme pretending like people are hype for all of Marvel's b level heroes. The only thing the general public cared about was BP2. We not gonna be in here pretending like folks are looking forward to a She Hulk series or a Chris Evansless Cap America after that mediocre D+ series or a Thunderbolts anything or any Avengers movie without RDJ and Evans.

Shazam and Black Adam are gonna make more money than everything on Marvel's list outside of Wakanda Forever.....and if I'm being honest I like that the DC movies ain't all interconnected to some mysterious big bad in the background. They should only reserve that for Justice League movies and leave the individual movies alone.
giphy.webp

calh45

Cal
Daps
Stop the cap. :dead:

We done seen each other enough in this forum for you to know I ain't no stan about any of this, but a movie involving the Rock and a movie starring Zach Levi are gonna sell. Movies sell according to how white folks love the stars. The Rock is the Rock and they still love Zach Levi from that sitcom he was on. The other Marvel movies ain't got no stars. BP2 got Coogler and filling the shoes of Chad, but the rest of them don't have stars.

Be real. Ain't no one going to see Anthony Mackie in that terrible costume or a Disneyfied Daredevil. Who are the stars carrying their next phase? Thor just had Taika and Hemsworth and Portman.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Maybe if your a comic book nerd. Most people just want to see good films and careless about the "universe". Give me 10 "jokers" and "the batman" over 7 mediocre films leading to a "pay off"
The last close to 15 years including the audience reactions in infinity war and end game, beg to differ. But :yeshrug:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
A better question is why are you so upset about it?

Buddy made a thread lamenting the fact that DC couldn't get an EU off the ground. Objectively speaking, it is sad. I already explained why. DC's characters are (or were) infinitely more popular than 99.99% of the MCU.

Anyway, that's the topic. Not all this other shyt.

If "let's examine why Marvel went bankrupt in 1996" was a thread....and people responded with :damn: "but let's discuss what Marvel is doing now!"....go make that thread and watch me tell people the same thing. :yeshrug:

DC, Marvel, whatever....coming into a thread with 133 replies and trying to change what the thread is actually about is crazy to me. You could just....I dunno, not come in the thread?

Fred.
These nikkas mad as fukk for not being stans :russ: I think everybody would agree it’s sad as fukk they couldn’t get a legit universe built. Some nikkas can’t even admit that :dead:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So then there's no reason to come at me. i explained why i posted what i did in here. :yeshrug:

0nPX60l[1].png

I didn't "come at you". I posed a question asking why people are mentioning non-DCEU movies in a thread about the DCEU.

That could apply to 3-4 people. You're the only one that took offense and quoted me.

Look man, your entire argument is based around "we don't need this thread, the DCEU no longer exists" when DC keeps putting these characters together. The Justice League in "Peacemaker", Batman in "Aquaman 2" and now The Rock talking about a "Black Adam DC universe", whatever the fukk that is.

Which is the point of the thread. Marvel has a full extended universe, DC has to settle for random cameos.

Not sure why this is so difficult for you to understand.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Not sure why this is so difficult for you to understand.

im understanding everything just fine :mjlol: You can cont. to play dumb as if you didn't read how the thread unfolded but whenever someone says "DC needs to do....etc" it's a dumb comment...

They don't "need" to do anything. That's one of the reasons why the Joker movie was brought up. it's the most profitable CBM ever. A $50M budget.

Why can't people let studios do what they gonna do? Obviously they understand how to make money and the execs in charge now are not the same as 5 years ago.

People playing studio exec on a board is dumb as fucc :mjlol: None of the people on here claiming they understand what to do are ever gonna be in a position to green light anything. People can get mad about it as they did once again in here but that's the truth :manny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The Batman was well received and made significantly more money than Thor, with an HBO release, and made about as much domestic as strange. Maybe you value quantity over quality :manny:

Lol a damn Joker movie with no Batman was more profitable than 99.9% of MCU movies and won a ton of awards. @Ed MOTHERfukkING G already told u about The Batman and that had an early release on HBO Max too..

Yall just do the same threads over and over... even Aquaman made $1.1 billion. @Turk u gotta come better than that...Lol
None of these movies connect to any of the universe though. So the OPs point remains. They have all the most popular characters and the same number of side characters and stories as marvel. More probably. And they tried. They keep trying. Let’s not act like stand-alone was what the plan was all along. They tried and failed.

That’s what hurts. nikkas grew up on Justice League and can’t get that of all things done right. There’s only so many grounded stand-alone movies to make before somebody is going to cross paths. Then the next question will be, where’s such and such. And then they’ll have to work on a universe again.

They need to get it together

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That’s what hurts.

They need to get it together

There's that word again. "Need" ... They don't need to do anything. Maybe it hurts you that 'The Batman' is it's own universe but it doesn't hurt me. i want to see good Batman movies and it was.. so what's the problem?

i don't wanna see a bunch of mid just because they may happen to "connect"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
im understanding everything just fine :mjlol: You can cont. to play dumb as if you didn't read how the thread unfolded but whenever someone says "DC needs to do....etc" it's a dumb comment...

They don't "need" to do anything. That's one of the reasons why the Joker movie was brought up. it's the most profitable CBM ever. A $50M budget.

Why can't people let studios do what they gonna do? Obviously they understand how to make money and the execs in charge now are not the same as 5 years ago.

People playing studio exec on a board is dumb as fucc :mjlol: None of the people on here claiming they understand what to do are ever gonna be in a position to green light anything. People can get mad about it as they did once again in here but that's the truth :manny:

Oh ok....see, I was confused.
I didn't know we couldn't criticize things we don't personally have a hand in. My bad.
SkyvOTd[1].png

But wait a sec....

Thor flopping too :huhldup:

Well over a $200M production budget + P&A.

So....you got a link to the film you directed, that made $663 million?
I mean.....surely you're a successful blockbuster director, to be calling that movie a flop....right?
Q96boVz[1].png

No of course not, because that's not how things fukking work.
WZzgQKh[1].png

People discuss whatever they want totally independent of any of that bullshyt you're talking about.

Matter of fact, go into The Colosseum, pick a random thread. Start telling people they can't criticize athletes because "you aren't in the NBA/NFL/MLB/whatever the fukk" and see how they react. They're gonna laugh you out of the fukking sub-forum.

Or maybe what you're saying applies to DC properties, and nothing else. Who knows?
rDpQOao[1].png

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Someone made this long ass meme pretending like people are hype for all of Marvel's b level heroes. The only thing the general public cared about was BP2. We not gonna be in here pretending like folks are looking forward to a She Hulk series or a Chris Evansless Cap America after that mediocre D+ series or a Thunderbolts anything or any Avengers movie without RDJ and Evans.

Shazam and Black Adam are gonna make more money than everything on Marvel's list outside of Wakanda Forever.....and if I'm being honest I like that the DC movies ain't all interconnected to some mysterious big bad in the background. They should only reserve that for Justice League movies and leave the individual movies alone.
I see we've reached the "just say anything" portion of the thread.
DKt04lZ[1].png

99.99% of the MCU is b level characters, or less.

BP, Ironman, Thor, Cap, etc. are all b level. They were never on the same tier as X-Men, Spider-Man, etc.

Guardians Of The Galaxy were z level, prior to the movie.

"People pretending to be excited for Marvel's b level heroes" is literally the MCU.

So yes, people are excited for all those random ass heroes and villains and cross overs.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I see we've reached the "just say anything" portion of the thread. View attachment 32655

99.99% of the MCU is b level characters, or less.

BP, Ironman, Thor, Cap, etc. are all b level. They were never on the same tier as X-Men, Spider-Man, etc.

Guardians Of The Galaxy were z level, prior to the movie.

"People pretending to be excited for Marvel's b level heroes" is literally the MCU.

So yes, people are excited for all those random ass heroes and villains and cross overs.

Fred.
dude even said Shazam is gonna make more money than any MCU film, the last Shazam film low key flopped :mjlol:

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
There's that word again. "Need" ... They don't need to do anything. Maybe it hurts you that 'The Batman' is it's own universe but it doesn't hurt me. i want to see good Batman movies and it was.. so what's the problem?

i don't wanna see a bunch of mid just because they may happen to "connect"
Yea all they need is food water and shelter. This ain’t English class. They don’t NEED to do anything

But dammit they need to get it together. You know what the fukk I meant. They need to get together the movies so they look like the comics. I got good Batman in 1992. Can they do something else now. Like I don’t know. Their main fukking group

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin

How they gonna reserve anything for a justice league movie if they don’t cross over in the first place to make justice league?

We already saw what happens when you try and both introduce and group up people and fight the big bad that was just introduced, all in the same movie.

In fact we saw two different cuts of the same attempt and both failed horribly