As a DC stan it hurts watching the MCU run laps around the DCEU

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I really liked Aquaman.

I liked The Batman too, but as long as they keep making these “realistic” Batman movies, we’re never going to see the whole Bat Family on screen together.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
They messing up by not dropping a crazy GL Corps trilogy and tying it in to New Gods. They introducing the JSA, they should eventually do Swamp Thang and continue from there

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thread legit has me confused as the title is referencing how disappointing the DCEU is, compared to the MCU....and people countered by mentioning "The Batman" and "Joker', .neither of which are in the DCEU. :dahell:

Fred.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
There is no real DCEU anymore. Why keep bring this up?

Joker is it's own thing

The Batman is it's own thing

Aquaman and WW are still tied to what the DCEU was, even Suicide Squad and Shazam I think, but that's about it.

The CW shows are it's own thing

Doom Patrol and Titans are in their own universe.

Like it that way to be honest. You're not forced to link everything somehow. And nothing is stopping other characters from popping in either this way.

I do wish they would have let Snyder finish his vision and have Flash end it by fukking up the timeline like he always does. Maybe he will in his movie. But Ezra and his fukkery has completely destroyed the PR for that movie. :snoop:

He musta been hanging out with Charlie Sheen and shyt.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Might as well just keep making unconnected films. They don't have the vision Marvel does :yeshrug:

the Netflix joints BARELY touched on the continuity and were very good for the most part. They could've been in another universe and no one would have cared.

Hopefully Feige embraces more alternate universe options because the last thing you want is forcing the continuity so much that it limits you.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i'll say it again, the MCU showed DC the blueprint...just build a connected universe. These people want to fail at this point.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There is no real DCEU anymore. Why keep bring this up?

This is a fair question but (and granted, I'm not familiar with his stance on this topic) I don't think OP meant it maliciously.

DC has some of the best known characters in any medium of fiction, some of the most iconic arcs in comic history....so it is sad that they couldn't parlay that into an EU. And they obviously tried.

I'm sure DC fans would much rather be seeing....I dunno, "Crisis On Infinite Earths" play out on the big screen instead of one off Batman or Joker or Aquaman movies....so mentioning those things in a discussion about the DCEU just seems like sour grapes. :yeshrug:

the Netflix joints BARELY touched on the continuity and were very good for the most part. They could've been in another universe and no one would have cared.

Hopefully Feige embraces more alternate universe options because the last thing you want is forcing the continuity so much that it limits you.

Can't say I agree with this, "Falcon & The Winter Soldier" introduced the new MCU Cap, "Wandavision" tied directly into "The Multiverse Of Madness" and Kang, who was introduced in "Loki", is the villain for the entirety of Phase 6.

i'll say it again, the MCU showed DC the blueprint...just build a connected universe. These people want to fail at this point.

DC did drop the ball a lot but in an alternate reality we could just as easily be clowning Marvel for failing to make an EU.

In hindsight given how successful the MCU is it seems like a no brainer but if any of those early MCU movies failed....I mean, objectively failed....it probably would have wiped Marvel out of existence.

By the time the MCU was off the ground DC was already years behind. But Marvel took a massive risk attempting all this.

Fred.