As a DC stan it hurts watching the MCU run laps around the DCEU

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Embarrassing thread turn:picard:

Mention non DCEU movies like Batman and Joker but not BvS which pretty much destroyed DCEU.

Mention box office numbers but ignore Justice League with DC's biggest names failing to hit a billion.

Completely ignore duds like Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman 2.

Marvel vs DC been dead on here for years. DCEU went off the rails and 90% of the DC stans got banned. It's pointless at this point.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They also had novelty and newness and stars back then that won't exist this time around.

BP was Chad. Ironman was RDJ. Thor is Hemsworth. Cap was Chris Evans. Pratt was Starlord. STARS.

Y'all in here trying to be smug in my direction and ignore why movies work. That's what I'm speaking to. Marvel stans ain't that large of a group. Movies have always needed casual fans to make tons of money. All of the people you threw out as B characters were played by STARS. If Starlord was played by some random unknown it would still be Z level.

Even beyond that they lost their star directors too. Russo Brothers are gone. Favreau is gone. James Gunn has one foot out the door. Talent is flying out the back door and y'all in here pretending like casuals are gonna go see movies off the strength of a Disney+ show??

And why did I say that goofy? Because of Zach Levi. He is recognizable for middle Americans. DC, just like Marvel, needs those STARS to push numbers.

Shazam ain't flop. That shyt made way more money than they thought it would. Why do you think they're making a sequel?

Marvel fans are so dense y'all think your singular love of that company is going to counter how the movie industry actually works most of the time.
Hemsworth and Evans weren't stars before marvel (and not clear they're stars outside of marvel yet either)

I agree on RDJ though. I think MCU Stans underestimate how key having RDJ lead the universe was. They sorely need someone to take his place.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They also had novelty and newness and stars back then that won't exist this time around.

BP was Chad. Ironman was RDJ. Thor is Hemsworth. Cap was Chris Evans. Pratt was Starlord. STARS.

Y'all in here trying to be smug in my direction and ignore why movies work. That's what I'm speaking to. Marvel stans ain't that large of a group. Movies have always needed casual fans to make tons of money. All of the people you threw out as B characters were played by STARS. If Starlord was played by some random unknown it would still be Z level.

Even beyond that they lost their star directors too. Russo Brothers are gone. Favreau is gone. James Gunn has one foot out the door. Talent is flying out the back door and y'all in here pretending like casuals are gonna go see movies off the strength of a Disney+ show??

And why did I say that goofy? Because of Zach Levi. He is recognizable for middle Americans. DC, just like Marvel, needs those STARS to push numbers.

Shazam ain't flop. That shyt made way more money than they thought it would. Why do you think they're making a sequel?

Marvel fans are so dense y'all think your singular love of that company is going to counter how the movie industry actually works most of the time.
Marvel doesn't have stars anymore brehs. lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Embarrassing thread turn:picard:

Mention non DCEU movies like Batman and Joker but not BvS which pretty much destroyed DCEU.

Mention box office numbers but ignore Justice League with DC's biggest names failing to hit a billion.

Completely ignore duds like Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman 2.

Marvel vs DC been dead on here for years. DCEU went off the rails and 90% of the DC stans got banned. It's pointless at this point.

What a dumb post.. :mjlol:

When the thread turned into what it did... why would 5-year old movies be mentioned when we were discussing present day. Joker and the Batman were smash successes and guess what.. WW84 was a huge hit for HBO. You're in here judging it on what it did at the B.O. ignoring that it was a same day release on HBO and what a huge reason why the platform gained so many subscribers.

Next time you want to debate a point.. go head.. quote me.. you'll get embarrassed just like all the rest :umad:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Purge what?

DC's problem is they have one foot still in DCEU while still trying to move past it.

Should have done things right the first time and took their time. They went to build a house and started with the roof.
after black Adam, Shazam, and aqua man they want to wipe the slate clean and start over with what they have.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Hemsworth and Evans weren't stars before marvel (and not clear they're stars outside of marvel yet either)

I agree on RDJ though. I think MCU Stans underestimate how key having RDJ lead the universe was. They sorely need someone to take his place.
RDJ wasn’t even a star. He was a washed up drug addict. The MCU made all the people he listed stars :dead: y’all can hate the universe and hate the people enjoying the universe but can’t hate the game.

Marvel did that. DC didn’t. Just tip your hat and keep it moving. None of us getting paid off of stating facts got damn. The way some of y’all refuse to admit DC fukked up it’s like they got y’all family hostage :dead:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC has better stories and characters yet their properties are getting outshined by mid c tier level heroes on the Marvel side.

Dr Strange has made more in the box-office then a solo Batman movie, a decade ago that would have been unfathomable. A decade ago Captain America making more at the box office then a Batman vs Superman movie, no one certainly would have bet anything on that to happen.

Fact is WB messed up giving that hack Goyer and Zack the keys to their universe and they fumbled terribly.

Since then it's been a disaster of tremendous proportions.

The new Batman was forgettable and underperformed at the box office, with some of the worse fighting choreography a running theme since the Nolan movies. And we the audience have seen this version of Batman done several times and far better too.

DC needs to drop the loner rubber suit Batman and incorporate an alternative version of him which isn't Frank Miller's the dark knight.

Its embarrassing how limited their vision is with all the source material they have and licenses to every character that exists. They cannot make a cohesive universe.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
With the new CEO, seems like DC will just be Batman/Joker shyt, Aquaman and maybe Wonder Woman.

Black Adam is an unsure thing. If it flops, expect any future shyt to get scrapped.

The Flash is in a state of chaos. WB hoping Ezra don’t do anymore stupid shyt.

It’s been almost a decade since Man of Steel. Literally wasted Henry Cavill.

The WB earrings call will give more insight.