As a DC stan it hurts watching the MCU run laps around the DCEU

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone made this long ass meme pretending like people are hype for all of Marvel's b level heroes. The only thing the general public cared about was BP2. We not gonna be in here pretending like folks are looking forward to a She Hulk series or a Chris Evansless Cap America after that mediocre D+ series or a Thunderbolts anything or any Avengers movie without RDJ and Evans.

Shazam and Black Adam are gonna make more money than everything on Marvel's list outside of Wakanda Forever.....and if I'm being honest I like that the DC movies ain't all interconnected to some mysterious big bad in the background. They should only reserve that for Justice League movies and leave the individual movies alone.

I like She hulk. She’s actually a pretty funny character when she’s done right. As long as they stick to the John Byrne-era She Hulk they’ll be straight.

Also looking forward to Daredevil, Fantastic Four, and Blade. I’ll admit the rest of those projects are looking pretty mid though :patrice:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thor flopping too :huhldup:

Well over a $200M production budget + P&A.

Hold up, breh. Isn't the math that you're supposed to assume that they spent equal to half of the product cost on promo? That'd put costs at $300 million. How is $663 million a flop in that case?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let me explain something to you. Joker had an insane OW multiplier. That means that it made the majority of its money AFTER opening weekend which indicates very strong word of mouth.

You don't become the most profitable comic book movie of all time by being something "nobody wanted to see" and you don't win a bunch of awards like that either.

Yeah, DC didn't land the plane on a connected universe but they put out top tier quality.

The Nolan trilogy is still cemented as The GOAT trilogy too. :manny:

We will see if DC is setting themselves up for failure again or not. Yes they have the two most popular characters ever probably. But why not just focus on those characters? Maybe you dont have the people to impliment a live action connected universe. Just focus one making standalone Batman and Superman movies.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why isn't @Eric Brooks banned liked his dc brethren @stillflow and @Dominic Brehetto

I don't give a fukk who stans what, like I said earlier in the thread I haven't seen 75% of the comic movies/series from the last year. I plan to eventually but it's not a pressing issue for me.

As far as those guys, Dominic Brehetto made fun of another posters dead family member, and Still Flow was exposed as a racist. Both were perma-banned, so they're never coming back.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Oh ok....see, I was confused.
I didn't know we couldn't criticize things we don't personally have a hand in. My bad. View attachment 32651

But wait a sec....

So....you got a link to the film you directed, that made $663 million?
I mean.....surely you're a successful blockbuster director, to be calling that movie a flop....right? View attachment 32652

No of course not, because that's not how things fukking work. View attachment 32650

People discuss whatever they want totally independent of any of that bullshyt you're talking about.

Matter of fact, go into The Colosseum, pick a random thread. Start telling people they can't criticize athletes because "you aren't in the NBA/NFL/MLB/whatever the fukk" and see how they react. They're gonna laugh you out of the fukking sub-forum.

Or maybe what you're saying applies to DC properties, and nothing else. Who knows? View attachment 32653

Fred.

You don't seem to get it do you. Any movie i say being a 'flop' wasn't my opinion. Just a fact. Joker being a massive success was also a fact. i can certainly call someone out when the facts don't add up.. i don't need to be an executive to state a fact that we can all open our own two eyes and see.

But the people in here pretending they understand better than those execs do? Yeah that's a problem :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Hold up, breh. Isn't the math that you're supposed to assume that they spent equal to half of the product cost on promo? That'd put costs at $300 million. How is $663 million a flop in that case?

i actually lowballed it. Variety has just the budget alone at $250M. :yeshrug: There's no way they didn't end up spending close to $350M-$400M all together.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Oh ok....see, I was confused.
I didn't know we couldn't criticize things we don't personally have a hand in. My bad. View attachment 32651

But wait a sec....

So....you got a link to the film you directed, that made $663 million?
I mean.....surely you're a successful blockbuster director, to be calling that movie a flop....right? View attachment 32652

No of course not, because that's not how things fukking work. View attachment 32650

People discuss whatever they want totally independent of any of that bullshyt you're talking about.

Matter of fact, go into The Colosseum, pick a random thread. Start telling people they can't criticize athletes because "you aren't in the NBA/NFL/MLB/whatever the fukk" and see how they react. They're gonna laugh you out of the fukking sub-forum.

Or maybe what you're saying applies to DC properties, and nothing else. Who knows? View attachment 32653

Fred.
got damn :russ:

calh45

Cal
Daps
I see we've reached the "just say anything" portion of the thread. View attachment 32655

99.99% of the MCU is b level characters, or less.

BP, Ironman, Thor, Cap, etc. are all b level. They were never on the same tier as X-Men, Spider-Man, etc.

Guardians Of The Galaxy were z level, prior to the movie.

"People pretending to be excited for Marvel's b level heroes" is literally the MCU.

So yes, people are excited for all those random ass heroes and villains and cross overs.

Fred.
They also had novelty and newness and stars back then that won't exist this time around.

BP was Chad. Ironman was RDJ. Thor is Hemsworth. Cap was Chris Evans. Pratt was Starlord. STARS.

Y'all in here trying to be smug in my direction and ignore why movies work. That's what I'm speaking to. Marvel stans ain't that large of a group. Movies have always needed casual fans to make tons of money. All of the people you threw out as B characters were played by STARS. If Starlord was played by some random unknown it would still be Z level.

Even beyond that they lost their star directors too. Russo Brothers are gone. Favreau is gone. James Gunn has one foot out the door. Talent is flying out the back door and y'all in here pretending like casuals are gonna go see movies off the strength of a Disney+ show??

dude even said Shazam is gonna make more money than any MCU film, the last Shazam film low key flopped :mjlol:
And why did I say that goofy? Because of Zach Levi. He is recognizable for middle Americans. DC, just like Marvel, needs those STARS to push numbers.

Shazam ain't flop. That shyt made way more money than they thought it would. Why do you think they're making a sequel?

Marvel fans are so dense y'all think your singular love of that company is going to counter how the movie industry actually works most of the time.

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Dc has zero direction… they are run by idiots :scust: :scust: Growing up I always been pro dc but I still watch Marvel don’t get it twisted:ehh::salute: buts it a damn shame DC can’t do anything right… as a huge DC fan I don’t give a flying fukk about the flash movie coming(I read the entire script spoilers on purpose and not surprised the movie is gonna suck:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:)
Black atom looks bad
Shazam is meh
TheBatman and joker has been the only good thing DC can me out with it recently