Army Drops Requirement for High School Diploma Amid Recruiting Crisis

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, you got less than three years total unless you just had a birthday. :patrice:

As long as your enlistment is signed by the time you hit 39, you could conceivably be 40 by the time BMT rolls around.

You gotta ask yourself how badly you want this, how much you're willing to suffer, and why you're doing this.

The wrong reason to do this includes:
- Money for housing
- Tryna get hoes
- Thinking you're gonna serve 4 and walk into a contractor position making $100k
- You don't have shyt else going for you in life

• I know cats that are a good 10-12 years younger than you that are gonna be up in your chili at Lackland (BMT). Issome MTLs that same age that are gonna be telling you when to wake up, when to wash your ass, when to PT, and decide if your room inspection is a pass or a fail and have you in blues for some bullshyt.
:usure:

• You're gonna be in flights with dudes less than half your age and you might be taking orders from or reporting to kids that don't even shave yet. (If you're the oldest but an obviously weak leader, your MTIs/Ls won't put you in a leadership role they know you can't handle.)

• A realistic timeline might have you in DEP for 6-8 months, depending on how fukked up your paperwork is looking and what job they have you leaving for. (That means you could be waiting for up to a year AFTER you go to MEPS, take the ASVAB, and all that.)
:beli:

• PT standards relax as you age but the requirement doesn't go away (unless you have a permanent profile). You gonna be able to maintain being in some type of shape so you can pass for the duration of your enlistment? Keep in mind that the :flabbynsick: you are, the more you're gonna have to do it.
:youngsabo:

• And as someone alluded to earlier ITT, the AF has this thing called Core Values. Integrity First (it's literally the first one) means that you can be disciplined at any time for situations in which it is deemed that you did not have integrity, and that includes lying or withholding information in order to get in.
Worst case scenario you end up with a dishonorable at the age of 37-40 and they might have you in the stockade for a bid too.
:mjlol:

So, with all of that said: you still wanna join?
Air Force Mjgrin
Let’s put it like this I just turned 40 and retired and I can acknowledge with the injuries and clearly what VA stated my body wasn’t going to continue to hold up.

So just imagine the Breh coming in at 40 already.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
nikka the harest thing for me was to have my first Team leader have to check my car to ensure it was safe for me to drive, At that point I had been driving for over 15 years and I never had an accident that was my fault in my life.

Just living in the barracks with young ass nikkas was trash, I dipped before I was eligible because I couldn't stand it.

If I didn't actually end up loving certain portions of my job that would've been a long four years.

See, that's some USA shyt right there.
Air Force Mjgrin

AF they assume your shyt is good, you have AAA, or don't care and expect you to be back on time regardless. :russ:

It's supes that didn't even know how to get to the building I stayed in, much less how much air I had in my tires. :dead:

Son Goku

Daps
Let’s put it like this I just turned 40 and retired and I can acknowledge with the injuries and clearly what VA stated my body wasn’t going to continue to hold up.

So just imagine the Breh coming in at 40 already.

Like I said before, the oldest AD errman I knew got to her 1st duty station when she was 39.

They still had her old ass in the dorms. :russ:
pooh-soul.gif

popogogo

Pro
Daps
I got a cousin who is 23 with a GED.
No branch wanted to take him a year ago with that GED.

He will be dead, in jail or fukked up on dog food within a year the way he is living.

I just sent this to his dad. I hope he can get in.

He ogtta get away from New Orleans. It's a hot summer.

Son Goku

Daps
I got a cousin who is 23 with a GED.
No branch wanted to take him a year ago with that GED.

He will be dead, in jail or fukked up on dog food within a year the way he is living.

I just sent this to his dad. I hope he can get in.

He ogtta get away from New Orleans. It's a hot summer.

I could see the AF, SF, and CG being :unimpressed: by a breh with a GED but the Marines and Army wouldn't take him either? :mindblown:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
See, that's some USA shyt right there.
Air Force Mjgrin

AF they assume your shyt is good, you have AAA, or don't care and expect you to be back on time regardless. :russ:

It's supes that didn't even know how to get to the building I stayed in, much less how much air I had in my tires. :dead:
Yeah totally different culture. But everyone has their own levels of stupid. Some AF dudes went to some commo classes at Fort Gordon. I would see them marching in the evening in their dress blues and wonder Why? Even in AIT/ Tech school we were left alone during downtime after classes.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
You should prolly give up on the AF tbh breh. shyt still ain't happened after all these years and the clock is still ticking.
You're gonna be going to basic with dudes literally half your age either way, and that's if you got in before your next birthday. :huhldup:

On top of that, the AF and Space Force (the AF's little brother like the Marines are to the Navy) aren't hurting for bodies. Their manning levels are plush which means they can still be choosy. The Army is like a thirsty dude willing to take home an ugly BBW just to smash while the AF is like a bad bytch that only wants a HVM, and really isn't tryna talk to dudes that aren't.

Not even being mean but: you don't got college credits right?), you're old, you're fitness is lacking, and you might require a few waivers just to be eligible to join- some AF recruiters won't even bother talking to a recruiting candidate like you.

You low-key missed your window a few years back (like 4-5) when the AF was hurting for enlisted bodies. :snoop:
:dead: I'm in tears right now. the way you shytted on this nikkas dreams :russ:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I could see the AF, SF, and CG being :unimpressed: by a breh with a GED but the Marines and Army wouldn't take him either? :mindblown:
shyt there ws this Diesel Asian dude who was at MEPS with me it was his Fourth Time there. The issue was he couldn't pass the ASVAB for the Infantry. Dude wanted to be a Marine Infantryman. Meanwhile I sailed through the shyt and could get any job I wanted.

Dude wasn't a Fresh off the Boat asian he was born here. I Met a couple of Asians that defied the stereotype. We had a Mechanic who was Asian from Chiina or whatever dude was no genius.

Son Goku

Daps
shyt there ws this Diesel Asian dude who was at MEPS with me it was his Fourth Time there. The issue was he couldn't pass the ASVAB for the Infantry. Dude wanted to be a Marine Infantryman. Meanwhile I sailed through the shyt and could get any job I wanted.

Dude wasn't a Fresh off the Boat asian he was born here. I Met a couple of Asians that defied the stereotype. We had a Mechanic who was Asian from Chiina or whatever dude was no genius.

Dead GIFs | Tenor

:myman: I know cats that tried to retake their shyt two or three times just to score in the 70's. :huhldup:

I came out that hoe with a score high enough for every job in the AF and never had to think about it again. :takedat:

egsteel

All Star
Daps
For a lot of brothers the military gives them an advantage to life that can't be disregarded. More black people, especially men need to get hip to how the military actually operates and use said resources accordingly.
So is this so much about Americans joining or are they aiming for non-americans who didn't graduate in their respective countries and are angling for citizenship?

Daps
@Son Goku

-I do have college credits. I have a two year degree in Business Management.

-I was on anti-depressants , Prozac and something else back in July 2021 and stopped taking them in September 2021. Don't know if that will be an issue for the air force. Took it for social anxiety but discontinued taking it because of too many side effects.

-Am currently taking 10 MG of Amlodipine for high blood pressure.
the automated med history process they use now will very likely pull this info and you'll have a uphill battle with anti-depressant usage this recent.