Army Drops Requirement for High School Diploma Amid Recruiting Crisis

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
For a lot of brothers the military gives them an advantage to life that can't be disregarded. More black people, especially men need to get hip to how the military actually operates and use said resources accordingly.

My dad got his comeup being in the military. He did it for 20 odd years, but you can get great training for the civilian world in probably 1/4 that time.

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
To dave24
You had a big thread in August 2020 on being rejected by air force
And wanted feedback, cause you really really wanted to try again
I had mentioned i might focus on getting in shape for six months and try again Feb 2021 but there's gotta be some kind of deadline

Well now it's June 2022
That horse had left the barn

To anyone in this situation
Your life and energy and time is limited
To use an NBA analogy - it's a long season of 82 games just to make playoffs
If you have done a good effort and you are still down 96-82 with 6 minutes left to play
It's time to raise the white flag and pull your starters
Let them rest for the next game
Refocus on something that is achievable

So no need to keep fixating on a goal that has eluded your grasp
Give it a good try, yes
If you fail, assess and evaluate - having failed once, do you now have a good reason to believe a second attempt will work??
But don't keep knocking forever and ever on a door that doesn't open
Even if you get a marginal yes on your fifth try, and somehow sneak into restricted territory
you will get bumped off by the next obstacle on the path

Not that life should be played on easy mode where you never encounter resistance
But playing life on impossible mode (without superb talents) is definitely not the answer

Otherwise you are exhausting your starting five for no reason and have nothing to show for it
And now you get to start your next game in a handicapped deficit situation

Nutshell - There's a point where you need to pick reasonable goals and actually achieve them
Instead of procrastinating your life away on impossible stuff

With full respect and best wishes

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel what you are saying. In your opinion in terms of a timeline when would I need to see a recruiter and go through all those steps you listed? At what point should I just move on? I'm giving myself until January 2023. If I haven't met my weight goal by then and if I still have to take blood pressure medication in Jan I guess it will be a wrap for me.
Don't enlist. This is coming from someone who enlisted at a older age.
Get you a trade or certifications.

Daps
^ didn't know the above, did dude get a RE code of some kind? depending on the answer its either a slim possibility or a non-starter.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Don't enlist. This is coming from someone who enlisted at a older age.
Get you a trade or certifications.
Why do you honestly say that? What were all the cons of being in the air force for you?

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
shyt i remember this col asked me how old i was near the end of basic and she gave me the :dahell: face asking why i didnt join earlier .

I was the second oldest in my flight :mjcry:

Them young dudes would not shut the fukk up and i had to wear earplugs half the time i was in basic .

To the old head you might not wanna wait and go try to join NOW and stop wastin your time askin, its been about three years now homie. Go and get your answer breh and good luck to you

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
@Son Goku what were your reasons you decided to enlist and do you regret doing it looking back?

That’s absolutely none of your business and won’t help or change your situation.
:mjlol:

Multiple cats already told you to focus on your reasons so you don’t become food and your asking for the motherfukking “Why?” from dudes who already went before? :dead:

That'd be like asking a nikka why he likes hood rats, or BBWs, or PAWGs. That shyt ain't gonna help you get your dikk wet. :stopitslime:

I will say I like the model recruit: could pass Pt standards, didn’t need any waivers, showed up to everything on time, wasn’t dead-set in any one job, did my research, read my DEP homework, had schooling, etc. :sas1:

^ didn't know the above, did dude get a RE code of some kind? depending on the answer its either a slim possibility or a non-starter.

No, he basically got :camby: 'd out of the recruiter's office.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do you honestly say that? What were all the cons of being in the air force for you?
It's a lot of bullshyt, but the main thing is the money.
Unless you come in as a officer the pay sucks, and it's pretty tough right now to commission as an officer.
Oh another thing the pay is equal across all jobs
For example a cop gets the same pay as some in an admin job

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
It's a lot of bullshyt, but the main thing is the money.
Unless you come in as a officer the pay sucks, and it's pretty tough right now to commission as an officer.
Oh another thing the pay is equal across all jobs
For example a cop gets the same pay as some in an admin job

FTFY. :mjgrin:

Agreed the money starts out low (even for O's).

But the cop that pulls deployments/SDAP/goes DAGRE/RAVEN will be
Wow Money Phone
while the personnelist will have Basic Pay, BAH, and BAS only. :yeshrug: There are E-3's making 30 grand and E-3's making 100 grand. IYKYK. :sas2:

Also, the chances of ole buddy doing 20 are very slim at this point. His best play (if he went in/can get in) is to do one 4-6 year enlistment, get his bachelors using TA/CLEPS, load up on certs, collect his GIB, and walk into a contracting job in the $80k+ range while maybe keeping the benefits in a traditional guardsmen slot. Just my 0.02.