Army Drops Requirement for High School Diploma Amid Recruiting Crisis

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Military brehs I figured this would be another benefit of joining the Air Force, y'all don't have to worry about the cost of housing when you get out the way people who never joined the military do, right? Especially with the VA Loan?

IiTVs9M_d.webp

@Son Goku

@RickyDiBiase

@Dray5K

@Jekyll

@Ziggiy

@Imhotep2

@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

@Wiseborn

@DeeezNuts

@Youngdev

@OperationNumbNutts

@Point Blank
The post is Moot because if you join the active duty military as a E-1 to E-4 You have to stay in Barracks at least until you make E-5. (If you're a Marginal service member it can take long to make E-5 because it's a leadership role). It's Harder to make E-5 in the Airforce than say the Marines or Army because there's less competition and being a PT stud (meaning being in excellent shape) means more in the Marines and Army. Being in say services in the Air Force (meaning some desk type of job) is way harder in the Air Force because competence in the Job itself counts for more.

No disrespect for my Infantry bros but if you can read a Map, go to the right schools Shoot Expert consistently and score a perfect Physical Training score you can be a Team leader pretty quickly . In the Air Force if you're not good at PT show leadership go to the right schools and demonstrate competence in your job You will not pick up E-5 not in your first enlistment.

After you make E-5 the pay is the same in all branches (with bonuses and special pay making a difference) so you'll get the same off post allowance. And if you retire or get injured the benefits are the same in each service.

That being said You could be a preacher and get some p*ssy easier than the chances of you graduating any basic training program.

The first thing anyone will notice about you is that you are a shammer at heart I can see this based off your posts. In the army a shammer is someone who is lazy constantly looking for the easy way out and not a Team Player. If you are seen as a shammer you will be peered out and have a very short stint in the military.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
The post is Moot because if you join the active duty military as a E-1 to E-4 You have to stay in Barracks at least until you make E-5. (If you're a Marginal service member it can take long to make E-5 because it's a leadership role). It's Harder to make E-5 in the Airforce than say the Marines or Army because there's less competition and being a PT stud (meaning being in excellent shape) means more in the Marines and Army. Being in say services in the Air Force (meaning some desk type of job) is way harder in the Air Force because competence in the Job itself counts for more.

No disrespect for my Infantry bros but if you can read a Map, go to the right schools Shoot Expert consistently and score a perfect Physical Training score you can be a Team leader pretty quickly . In the Air Force if you're not good at PT show leadership go to the right schools and demonstrate competence in your job You will not pick up E-5 not in your first enlistment.

After you make E-5 the pay is the same in all branches (with bonuses and special pay making a difference) so you'll get the same off post allowance. And if you retire or get injured the benefits are the same in each service.

That being said You could be a preacher and get some p*ssy easier than the chances of you graduating any basic training program.

The first thing anyone will notice about you is that you are a shammer at heart I can see this based off your posts. In the army a shammer is someone who is lazy constantly looking for the easy way out and not a Team Player. If you are seen as a shammer you will be peered out and have a very short stint in the military.

AF is E-4 or E-3, depending on the occupancy levels. :ld:

Most brehs with a CC degree or a 6 year enlistment come in as E-3's.

:ld:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
AF is E-4 or E-3, depending on the occupancy levels. :ld:

Most brehs with a CC degree or a 6 year enlistment come in as E-3's.

:ld:
Yep the AF is Harder, there's more competition, and they attract more natural shammers so I assume that they have to have a system in place to weed shytbags out fairly quickly. In the Army you could ride out an enlistment as an E-4 with no problems.

Son Goku

Daps
@Wiseborn is right though. Assuming @Dave24 is serious about joining and not trolling for several years running now, he's going about this all the wrong way.

Researching jobs and understanding the aspects of your pay is cool, but it's levels to this AF shyt and he's not really getting that yet.

Not all recruiters are gonna wanna spend time on you if you're not a desirable recruit. The ones that will take multiple jobs that actually have slots, can pass a MEPS physical, won't need a buncha waivers (or any), and can pass a PT test are the ones that will get the most love from recruiters. shyt really is like online dating.

First he:
  • Has to have a recruiter give him the time of day
  • Have the recruiter schedule him take his ASVAB
  • Score well enough for the recruiter not to drop him off GP (this happens)
  • Have the recruiter send him to MEPS
  • Has to pass his physical at MEPS
  • Have MEPS swear him into the DEP
  • Have the recruiter find a job that they have and the he will (and is qualified to) take
  • Have the recruiter send him to BMT once a tech school class seat opens up
  • Graduate BMT on time so he doesn't miss his tech school class date
  • Graduate tech school without getting washed out
  • Get to his first duty station
  • Survive long enough to actually move out of the dorms (i.e. not get A-15'd, not get a DUI, not fail his PT tests)
AND THEN he can worry about how much BAH is for the area his pay is assigned to. :dead:

Oh yeah, and dude is pushing up on the age limit for enlisted accessions so this shyt needs to happen sooner rather than later. :francis:

Son Goku

Daps
Yep the AF is Harder, there's more competition, and they attract more natural shammers so I assume that they have to have a system in place to weed shytbags out fairly quickly. In the Army you could ride out an enlistment as an E-4 with no problems.

True, and the fact that the "shammers" may be going for the same jobs you are works against him.

It's gonna be dudes with ASVABs in the 90's getting jobs that require 40s just because there aren't enough "smart" jobs to go around. :huhldup:

Yeah, a lot of folks fukked around and found out the AF was still the military in basic. :dead:

Motherfukkers that have never ran a mile in their lives gonna hit the :lupe: when that 1 WOT eval rolls through.

Motherfukkers were smart enough to secure IT contracts going in but too dumb to realize they'd have to pass PT tests in order to not get the boot. :mjlol: (They got the boot. :russ:)

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
@Wiseborn is right though. Assuming @Dave24 is serious about joining and not trolling for several years running now, he's going about this all the wrong way.

Researching jobs and understanding the aspects of your pay is cool, but it's levels to this AF shyt and he's not really getting that yet.

Not all recruiters are gonna wanna spend time on you if you're not a desirable recruit. The ones that will take multiple jobs that actually have slots, can pass a MEPS physical, won't need a buncha waivers (or any), and can pass a PT test are the ones that will get the most love from recruiters. shyt really is like online dating.

First he:
  • Have the recruiter find a job that they have and the he will (and is qualified to) take
  • Survive long enough to actually move out of the dorms (i.e. not get A-15'd, not get a DUI, not fail his PT tests)
AND THEN he can worry about how much BAH is for the area his pay is assigned to. :dead:

Oh yeah, and dude is pushing up on the age limit for enlisted accessions so this shyt needs to happen sooner rather than later. :francis:
I feel what you are saying. In your opinion in terms of a timeline when would I need to see a recruiter and go through all those steps you listed? At what point should I just move on? I'm giving myself until January 2023. If I haven't met my weight goal by then and if I still have to take blood pressure medication in Jan I guess it will be a wrap for me.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
@Wiseborn why did you say it would be easier for me to be a preacher as opposed to getting through basic training?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

First he:

If dude was half serious he'd be at least Mid career status by now.

I joined right after 9/11 I wasn't in shape I had no idea what I wanted to do, I literally picked the MOS under my recruiter's MOS (that was a mistake if I had picked his job I would've made well over six figures) I picked the one under his because his MOS was over a year long. I also wanted to go to bragg (closest base to DC) I at BCT at Benning a month after 9/11.

The point is I wanted to join so I did it. Joining the miltary is both the easiest and hardest thing to do at the same time. It's easy if you meet the basic qualifications by way harder to meet the standard day after day and the standards increase as you gain more responsibility.

shyt ain't like Third world Armies where you're essentially a Private for your whole career.

Son Goku

Daps
I feel what you are saying. In your opinion in terms of a timeline when would I need to see a recruiter and go through all those steps you listed? At what point should I just move on? I'm giving myself until January 2023. If I haven't met my weight goal by then and if I still have to take blood pressure medication in Jan I guess it will be a wrap for me.

I mean, you got less than three years total unless you just had a birthday. :patrice:

As long as your enlistment is signed by the time you hit 39, you could conceivably be 40 by the time BMT rolls around.

You gotta ask yourself how badly you want this, how much you're willing to suffer, and why you're doing this.

The wrong reason to do this includes:
- Money for housing
- Tryna get hoes
- Thinking you're gonna serve 4 and walk into a contractor position making $100k
- You don't have shyt else going for you in life

• I know cats that are a good 10-12 years younger than you that are gonna be up in your chili at Lackland (BMT). Issome MTLs that same age that are gonna be telling you when to wake up, when to wash your ass, when to PT, and decide if your room inspection is a pass or a fail and have you in blues for some bullshyt.
:usure:

• You're gonna be in flights with dudes less than half your age and you might be taking orders from or reporting to kids that don't even shave yet. (If you're the oldest but an obviously weak leader, your MTIs/Ls won't put you in a leadership role they know you can't handle.)

• A realistic timeline might have you in DEP for 6-8 months, depending on how fukked up your paperwork is looking and what job they have you leaving for. (That means you could be waiting for up to a year AFTER you go to MEPS, take the ASVAB, and all that.)
:beli:

• PT standards relax as you age but the requirement doesn't go away (unless you have a permanent profile). You gonna be able to maintain being in some type of shape so you can pass for the duration of your enlistment? Keep in mind that the :flabbynsick: you are, the more you're gonna have to do it.
:youngsabo:

• And as someone alluded to earlier ITT, the AF has this thing called Core Values. Integrity First (it's literally the first one) means that you can be disciplined at any time for situations in which it is deemed that you did not have integrity, and that includes lying or withholding information in order to get in.
Worst case scenario you end up with a dishonorable at the age of 37-40 and they might have you in the stockade for a bid too.
:mjlol:

So, with all of that said: you still wanna join?
Air Force Mjgrin

Son Goku

Daps
ddint we just have a thread sayin military brehs make like $12 an hour

That essentially only took into consideration your starting basic pay and not special pays, other pays, or accounting for benefits. :unimpressed:

The dude from that thread has never worn the uniform either, I'd take that with a grain of salt as well. :russell:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
@Wiseborn why did you say it would be easier for me to be a preacher as opposed to getting through basic training?
Because the PT is harder everyday. The Drill Sargents are low key trying to weed you out. I started basic with 66 people in my platoon we graduated 34 including one dude who shouldn't have shipped because he missed the minimum pushups. He did make it to Bragg but I think he got kicked out later (not sure)

I almost got kicked out after graduating AIT (the Air Force calls it Tech school) because my moms had me on a chaged off Credit card I got waved through.

After I got to my duty station some dudes who joined later got booted for weed and stupid shyt.

My point that I made to you several times before is that you have to want to be there. Clearly you're p*ssy motivated. I'm sure if someone gave you a job making half the salary you make now but gave you a chick who you found attractive you'd take the job and the girl.

I got injured I'm lucky I can walk I'll keep it even more real with you there was a time when I was injured that I had ED meaning I couldn't get an erection. That went away but there was a time when I thought I wasn't gonna be able to fukk at all. I bushed my girl at the time because I thought I wouldn't be able to satisfy her.

My nikka I could've been IMPOTENT simply because i joined the army. How ironic would it be for you to actually make it in the Air Force and the raditaion from standard X-rays make you Impotent? Just so you know the military doctors can do all kinds of experimental shit on you and YOU CAN"T SUE Because you are government property

You can get a bullshyt disability check but you have to get half your ass blown off to get that little bit of money.

You post the same thread over and over again think someone is gonna give you the secret to getting to the stinkbox and there ain't no secret.

bytches don't like you not because you're fat and broke they don't like you because your a Gamma:

The thing that sucks most about that is if a Girl is a Gamma that is fine but women cannot stand that.

The best thing that you're momma can do for you right now is throw you out of the house.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I mean, you got less than three years total unless you just had a birthday. :patrice:

As long as your enlistment is signed by the time you hit 39, you could conceivably be 40 by the time BMT rolls around.

You gotta ask yourself how badly you want this, how much you're willing to suffer, and why you're doing this.

The wrong reason to do this includes:
- Money for housing
- Tryna get hoes
- Thinking you're gonna serve 4 and walk into a contractor position making $100k
- You don't have shyt else going for you in life

• I know cats that are a good 10-12 years younger than you that are gonna be up in your chili at Lackland (BMT). Issome MTLs that same age that are gonna be telling you when to wake up, when to wash your ass, when to PT, and decide if your room inspection is a pass or a fail and have you in blues for some bullshyt.
:usure:

• You're gonna be in flights with dudes less than half your age and you might be taking orders from or reporting to kids that don't even shave yet. (If you're the oldest but an obviously weak leader, your MTIs/Ls won't put you in a leadership role they know you can't handle.)

• A realistic timeline might have you in DEP for 6-8 months, depending on how fukked up your paperwork is looking and what job they have you leaving for. (That means you could be waiting for up to a year AFTER you go to MEPS, take the ASVAB, and all that.)
:beli:

• PT standards relax as you age but the requirement doesn't go away (unless you have a permanent profile). You gonna be able to maintain being in some type of shape so you can pass for the duration of your enlistment? Keep in mind that the :flabbynsick: you are, the more you're gonna have to do it.
:youngsabo:

• And as someone alluded to earlier ITT, the AF has this thing called Core Values. Integrity First (it's literally the first one) means that you can be disciplined at any time for situations in which it is deemed that you did not have integrity, and that includes lying or withholding information in order to get in.
Worst case scenario you end up with a dishonorable at the age of 37-40 and they might have you in the stockade for a bid too.
:mjlol:

So, with all of that said: you still wanna join?
Air Force Mjgrin
nikka the harest thing for me was to have my first Team leader have to check my car to ensure it was safe for me to drive, At that point I had been driving for over 15 years and I never had an accident that was my fault in my life.

Just living in the barracks with young ass nikkas was trash, I dipped before I was eligible because I couldn't stand it.

If I didn't actually end up loving certain portions of my job that would've been a long four years.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikka the harest thing for me was to have my first Team leader have to check my car to ensure it was safe for me to drive, At that point I had been driving for over 15 years and I never had an accident that was my fault in my life.

Just living in the barracks with young ass nikkas was trash, I dipped before I was eligible because I couldn't stand it.

If I didn't actually end up loving certain portions of my job that would've been a long four years.

That used to irk me so much. I tossed that crap out except for block leaves and when ever the BDE or DIV CSM were doing spot checks.

Son Goku

Daps
Because the PT is harder everyday. The Drill Sargents are low key trying to weed you out. I started basic with 66 people in my platoon we graduated 34 including one dude who shouldn't have shipped because he missed the minimum pushups. He did make it to Bragg but I think he got kicked out later (not sure)

I almost got kicked out after graduating AIT (the Air Force calls it Tech school) because my moms had me on a chaged off Credit card I got waved through.

After I got to my duty station some dudes who joined later got booted for weed and stupid shyt.

My point that I made to you several times before is that you have to want to be there. Clearly you're p*ssy motivated. I'm sure if someone gave you a job making half the salary you make now but gave you a chick who you found attractive you'd take the job and the girl.

I got injured I'm lucky I can walk I'll keep it even more real with you there was a time when I was injured that I had ED meaning I couldn't get an erection. That went away but there was a time when I thought I wasn't gonna be able to fukk at all. I bushed my girl at the time because I thought I wouldn't be able to satisfy her.

My nikka I could've been IMPOTENT simply because i joined the army. How ironic would it be for you to actually make it in the Air Force and the raditaion from standard X-rays make you Impotent? Just so you know the military doctors can do all kinds of experimental shit on you and YOU CAN"T SUE Because you are government property

You can get a bullshyt disability check but you have to get half your ass blown off to get that little bit of money.

You post the same thread over and over again think someone is gonna give you the secret to getting to the stinkbox and there ain't no secret.

bytches don't like you not because you're fat and broke they don't like you because your a Gamma:

The thing that sucks most about that is if a Girl is a Gamma that is fine but women cannot stand that.

The best thing that you're momma can do for you right now is throw you out of the house.

Damn. Nikka went deep and personal. (:dame:) Repped.

Yeah, any vet on here can tell you stories of all the cats they were in with that said they wanted to be there and still didn't make it (got injured, made a mistake, got caught lying, couldn't pass, weren't in good shape). Sometimes you gotta pour one out for the battle buddies that didn't make it through the system. :wow:

It's prolly even harder for the folks that didn't have a real reason for joining in the first place. :usure: