Army Drops Requirement for High School Diploma Amid Recruiting Crisis

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FTFY. :mjgrin:

Agreed the money starts out low (even for O's).

But the cop that pulls deployments/SDAP/goes DAGRE/RAVEN will be
Wow Money Phone
while the personnelist will have Basic Pay, BAH, and BAS only. :yeshrug: There are E-3's making 30 grand and E-3's making 100 grand. IYKYK. :sas2:

Also, the chances of ole buddy doing 20 are very slim at this point. His best play (if he went in/can get in) is to do one 4-6 year enlistment, get his bachelors using TA/CLEPS, load up on certs, collect his GIB, and walk into a contracting job in the $80k+ range while maybe keeping the benefits in a traditional guardsmen slot. Just my 0.02.
That was my plan when I get out,but everyone advised me to make it a career at this point due to my age

Daps
Oh I know, I left my last deployment with almost 600K in marriott points. I have a few reserve friends, mostly navy, that have worked the system to where they deploy for 6 month stints to places like UAE/Bahrain/Doha and just chill on easy mode contract work the other half of the year.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
That was my plan when I get out,but everyone advised me to make it a career at this point due to my age

A young breh could do both.

Get out by the time you're in your early-40's with a pension until you die, work experience, certs, free degrees, G.I. Bill for you or a dependa, TriCare for life, and priority hiring for your next gig. :takedat:

Not so much if you're pushing that age when you come in.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Oh I know, I left my last deployment with almost 600K in marriott points. I have a few reserve friends, mostly navy, that have worked the system to where they deploy for 6 month stints to places like UAE/Bahrain/Doha and just chill on easy mode contract work the other half of the year.
Dap GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I went Hilton diamond status off 1 TDY. :wow:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I got a cousin who is 23 with a GED.
No branch wanted to take him a year ago with that GED.

He will be dead, in jail or fukked up on dog food within a year the way he is living.

I just sent this to his dad. I hope he can get in.

He ogtta get away from New Orleans. It's a hot summer.
For a while they required GED folks to have around 12 college credits. That and his ASVAB score was probably the determining factor.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Did other ole buddy ever make it out of Ranger school? :lupe::mjlol:
He didn't even make it basic homie is trying to be a Cop now.

That's the thing with all these people trying to G2 a whole career on the internet before they even talk to a recruiter, It seems like a lot of them either suffer from analysis paralysis or either joining was a pipe dream to begin with.

I knew a dude big fat ass kid who was obsessed with joining the Air Force to the point that he'd be turned away from the base all the time. This was pre 9/11 hell this was Pre Khobar Towers they used to have parties on the base where local people would go to you had kids in school that would invite you to hang out with them on base and this kid couldn't get in I think he was banned for some reason.

Anyway I expressed no interest in Joining but when 9/11 happened I figured I'd either join now or never go so I went. I had zero information and it didn't hurt me.

I get sucked into homie's bullshyt but I can imagine that holmes hung out on Military.com's message board too. The SOF recruiters meassage boards have to be worse.