Army Drops Requirement for High School Diploma Amid Recruiting Crisis

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
My sister was the same way. She couldn't pass the PRACTICE ASVAB at the Air Force recruiting office even though she hired a personal tutor and studied for that shyt...

Matter of fact, she never scored above a 30, and scored a whole ass 17 AFTER hiring the tutor.

I personally don't understand how the fukk that shyt is possible because she had a 3.3 high school GPA, and as we all know, the ASVAB is literally high school-level shyt.

I bullshytted in high school and finished with a 1.7 GPA, but I dropped a 70. I told her to keep at it, but...:francis:.

Hire a tutor to help you drive your test scores down, brehettes. :mjgrin:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
@42 Monks Dude cussed me the fukk out and negged me once for being "honest".

How silly of us veterans who've actually commissioned/enlisted, gone through basic, gone through training pipelines, PCS'd, deployed, gotten out and retired to tell someone who's never even been to MEPS what's what. :mjgrin:

At this point it is what it is - dudes is either the ultimate troll, a Chinese or Russian spy collecting intel, or a breh that's sadly running out of time to make this shyt happen. :ld:
dude PM'd me back in 2019 and 2020 about this stuff. been hitting up with info in threads before and ever since too

always been positive with him. i still am. dude needs to hear its time to move the fukk on

the fact he got the nerve to get mad at me of all people..... lol

Son Goku

Daps
dude PM'd me back in 2019 and 2020 about this stuff. been hitting up with info in threads before and ever since too

always been positive with him. i still am. dude needs to hear its time to move the fukk on

the fact he got the nerve to get mad at me of all people..... lol

It is what it is at this point.

Dude legit fukked up by not getting his shyt in gear a couple years back.

All them :noah:-ass jobs that dude was listing:

I spoke to another recruiter and as long as i get my weight down and do well on the asvab i should be able to join the air force!!

What are the best jobs i should be aiming for and which ones should i avoid? The list below are the jobs i would be interested in. Which ones transition into the civilian world and pay well on the outside ?

Airborne intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operator

Air traffic control

Space systems operations

Operations intelligence

Geospatial intelligence

Fusion analyst

Remotely piloted aircraft sensor operator

Logistics plans

Materiel management

Knowledge operations management

Cyber systems operations

Cyber surety

Client systems

Cyber transport systems

Radio frequency transmission systems

Personnel

Administration

Broadcast journalist

Health services management

Medical materiel

Biomedical equipment

Mental health service

Surgical service

Pharmacy technician

Diagnostic imaging

Medical laboratory

Ophtalmic

Dental assistant

Dental laboratory

Paralegal

@...and some waffle fries

@42 Monks

@Alpha Legend

@Charlie Hustle

@Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

@Dray5K

@ElMorenoFeo809

@Hennessypapi

@Imhotep2

@JP_614

@Made Man

@Malik1time

@Marc Spector

@Nat King Krueger

@NorthernLights

@NY's #1 Draft Pick

@O.T.I.S.

@richaveli83

@staticshock

@Stuntone

@tater

@The M.I.C.

@twan83

Either have long-ass tech schools, high washout rates, or both, and several are high-stress careers.

At least he gave up on getting a 1 alpha or 1 uniform gig. :francis:

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
If it ain't AF or the Navy you're essentially volunteering for the meat grinder. You're a soilder first and whatever your career is second. I was a 1C1 when I was in and there were commander calls during deployments where I just left because I needed my crew rest. I slept in the trailers next to the pilots so a breh was living good compared to the Army and Marine that came there for their R&R and still put in crappy trailers :scust:
Anything related to the Aviation field is always the best during deployments. That crew rest requires trailers and two man rooms.

Those big ass GP tents :hhh:

Unolove

All Star
Daps
shyt I was gonna drop out when I was 16 but my recruiter told me the navy doesn’t accept GED(at that time), def would say fukk school and go now if this was back then, just do good on the Asvab so you don’t get a shytty job:manny:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
i think i scored in the high 70s on my asvab for the Air-Force and i didnt even study plus i was a C average student.

Somehow i scored the highest inn the mechanical part and thats how i ended up being an aircraft mechanic.

Son Goku

Daps
i think i scored in the high 70s on my asvab for the Air-Force and i didnt even study plus i was a C average student.

Somehow i scored the highest inn the mechanical part and thats how i ended up being an aircraft mechanic.

I think they be boosting everyone's E & M scores.

I can't even change my oil and got mid in the mid 90s for both. :mjlol:

Dudes be seeing them high mechanical scores like :gladbron: while the recruiters in the cut like
Ghostface is OP — Dead By Daylight

Unolove

All Star
Daps

Somehow i scored the highest inn the mechanical part and thats how i ended up being an aircraft mechanic
Same I got a 69, idk which part I scored the highest in but I didn’t do shyt for the last two years in high school so I wasn’t expecting to score high on it

Unolove

All Star
Daps

Somehow i scored the highest inn the mechanical part and thats how i ended up being an aircraft mechanic
Double post

Son Goku

Daps
Anything related to the Aviation field is always the best during deployments. That crew rest requires trailers and two man rooms.

Those big ass GP tents :hhh:
I'll disagree because the maintenance and logistics bubbas most def work a shyt ton.
don't know about that, I work FM and my last one was a 10-6 (or noon-6 if I was hung over) M-F gig.

Y'all are low-key both right.

The key to this is does your job require you to have crew rest? If it does, your accommodations will be better, you'll have less office work to do, and you won't get pulled for additional details as easily.

If it doesn't, it's a toss up and you'll either hate life in a different country or it'll be cake.

:yeshrug: