Army Drops Requirement for High School Diploma Amid Recruiting Crisis

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It suggests a level of desperation to a degree but the bigger issue is that there are a variety of things the military could do in order to attract young people and they're not doing it. No I don't think the military power is waning, I just think it's old men making bad decisions and not evolving.

The bigger thing to me is that graduating HS was often a barometer, barrier, or basic requirement for things. You want xyz? Finish HS. Removing that for anything is bad IMO. We don't need kids skipping HS to join the military.
I don't see the issue when education hasn't been a point of emphasis nationwide in a long, long time - and the aptitude tests as well as medical demands shoot up as well.

The last two years in particular undoubtedly created huge issues in schools. Why wait on education boards to get their shyt together when you don't ask for SATs in the first place?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It suggests a level of desperation to a degree but the bigger issue is that there are a variety of things the military could do in order to attract young people and they're not doing it. No I don't think the military power is waning, I just think it's old men making bad decisions and not evolving.

The bigger thing to me is that graduating HS was often a barometer, barrier, or basic requirement for things. You want xyz? Finish HS. Removing that for anything is bad IMO. We don't need kids skipping HS to join the military.
I care about aptitude and trainability and rather you are experienced I need people who can ezcute and accomplish task with just a bit of critical thinking but more so cunning and discipline. I don’t need you to have a high school diploma or a college degree to do that.

While academic accomplishment has a case in certain fields I can’t say every field requires it. I personally believe skills and experience base is of more value in the majority of the enlisted military fields (not all).

I have training seats and manning positions that need to be filled. A good percentage of the youth are being DQd due to obesity, mental issues, criminal issues, other medical issues or they are just flaky. So why would I further constrain myself by placing requirements in place that are not needed.

Keep in mind the candidate still was required to meet the qualification standards of that occupational speciality they are applying for.

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Dead GIFs | Tenor

:myman: I know cats that tried to retake their shyt two or three times just to score in the 70's. :huhldup:

I came out that hoe with a score high enough for every job in the AF and never had to think about it again. :takedat:
I fell asleep during mine and got a 77 lol

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
:dead: on and offline :laff:

That's because everyone that's served had to go through some typa bullshyt just to get that far. :francis:

It's like when random fans talk about being pro athletes and their ass never spent a day in the league. :mjtf:

There's also the fact that a lot of the shyt talkers online wouldn't say that same shyt to you in person. :pacspit:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
will never forget that I got my spot because the guy ahead of me got a fukking 14

we were cool as fukk on the way to the testing location. the way back? dude had wholesale checked out on life
My boy got like a 15 I knew he was type slow

:dead:

I couldn't associate with motherfukkers that are that kinda dumb.

Cats putting up defensive football game scores and not basketball ones?
Best Tony Farmer GIFs | Gfycat

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:dead:

I couldn't associate with motherfukkers that are that kinda dumb.

Cats putting up defensive football game scores and not basketball ones?
Best Tony Farmer GIFs | Gfycat
my recruiter told me you get around 12 for just putting your name in right
Onrd1Vr.png

but either way, him fukking up got me a better a job so shout out to the window lickers

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's because everyone that's served had to go through typa bullshyt just to get that far. :francis:

It's like when random fans talk about being pro athletes and their ass never spent a day in the league. :mjtf:

There's also the fact that a lot of the shyt talkers online wouldn't say that same shyt to you in person. :pacspit:
Understandable
Can't knock the hustle